Ask a 30 year old alcoholic with a -$200 bank account anything. Let me try to teach you how not to become me

Ask a 30 year old alcoholic with a -$200 bank account anything. Let me try to teach you how not to become me.

What did you want to be when you grew up, and what do you do now?

Why did you start drinking?

Are you actually going to answer any questions or is this going to be like every other "ask me anything" thread?

I've wanted to be a writer since grade school. I used to write stories and draw comics, and I even won a writing contest to meet Lois Lowry in 5th grade. I still want to be a writer, but I don't write very much anymore. I read all the time, though, and once in a while I pick up odd jobs writing shitty freelance articles for shitty money. My every day job is bartender. I've been working as a bartender for nine years now.

So close...

Friends, I guess. I didn't drink until I was 20. I used to hate drinkers because my father was a drunk. Suddenly everyone I grew up with and cared about started drinking, so I joined in, and the next year I became a bartender. I've been surrounded by booze since then and I buckle from peer pressure. Shit just kept escalating and now I drink almost every day.

I've got a Tom Collin's next to me and I'm listening to some music. Let's talk.

Are you racist? Do you believe facism, falagism and Nazism? Thoughts on Mein Kamphf.

>tfw also an alcoholic who wanted to be a writer
>tfw you a won a writing contest in the 8th grade
>tfw when father was an alcoholic who wanted to be a writer but got stuck in a dead end job with a wife and kids

I feel like I am you but six years younger. Now here I am, writing shitty green texts.

Any advice? Besides the fucking obvious?

$200 in the bank, $500k in his 401k & in investments

No. I used to have hateful thoughts, but the older I got the more I realized it's childish bullshit. I have read Mein Kampf, however.

Lol I can also add

>didn't start drinking till I was 22

I was even qued up to be a bartender but my dad stopped me because he used to be a bouncer at a club who occasionally had to tend bar and was worried it might send me down the wrong path constantly getting pressured into free drinks and shit like that.

Are you real posting or shit posting here?

As someone who is genuinely curious about this warning having an alcoholic father and wanting to avoid becoming an alcoholic, but has a bunch of fun drinking (currently 21) any low point stories you want to share?

Learn how to disconnect yourself from people who are holding you back. That was my biggest issue. I moved four years ago and am actually doing much better now. I would probably be far worse off if I never left. That being said, I'm still pretty bad off.

Naw, but I actually have really good credit, surprisingly. I just had a bad few months and let my bank account take a shit.

Can I see your tits?

What's the most you have had in a night?

Can you buy me Bad Rats on steam?

I am real you fucking idiot.

I've ruined two very good, long term relationships because of drinking. One was two years, one was four years. They grew up and changed, whereas I couldn't stop the addiction. Me and another ex just broke up two weeks ago, we were together for a year, not necessarily because of alcoholism, but because she was finishing her Ph.D and I'm a fucking 30 year old bartender.

I've had a gun pulled on me twice, I've gotten into a few fights at the bar, I've done crazy shit like pulling my dick out and waving it at girls who I wanted to fuck, and once I hung out with Dustin Diamond (Screech from Saved by the Bell). He kept trying to buy pills from me, but I don't take pills. I have a ton of good memories, and a ton of bad ones, bartending has been a mixed bag.

Sure babe

Why do you you have -$200 fucking dollars in your account?

You have been doing the same shit for so long how could you fuck up so bad that you don't have a penny to your name what do you spend all this shit on? It isn't hard to get free booze when you are a bartender.

What's the scar from?

Nice scar from when your ex bf stole your heart

not become you?

You have 9 years of solid, relatable material from your bartending gig that can be used in almost any format.

Steve King cleaned dead rats out of a cellar and turned it into a career of substance abuse so spectacular that the man does not even fucking remember writing Cujo

Harden up princess.

I have no idea. I've drank an entire bottle of apple pie moon shine while drinking beers and taking shots. Once I did 12 Irish Car Bombs and drank 12 Guinness in a night. I've chugged 151 and took Flaming Dr. Pepper shots all night while drinking pitchers of beer. I never really kept count. I don't usually black out, I can find my way to bed, but I have passed out in the shower before, and once I puked and fell asleep in my vomit. I can hold my own pretty well, I think.

Have you ever tried to stop drinking? If not any reasons why?

Are you drunk right now?

That picture makes you look fairly small how big of a guy are you in terms of weight and height?

I have about $400 in cash, two old roomie owe me $300 for bills last month, and I get paid tomorrow. I just haven't been paying attention to my money recently and have been drinking a lot more. I also just moved into a new house and didn't budget the expenses. I just fucked up basically.

ToF, Tetralogy of Fallot. I was born with a hole in my heart, had surgery when I was 3.

You're probably right. I've read a lot of Stephen King. On Writing is one of my favorite "how to" writing books.

Yes, many times. But I always go back. It's my comfort zone. It makes me social, it gets me girls, it gets me productive. It's the medicine I need to keep going.

6 foot, 150lbs. I've always been a lanky guy.

Steven King is a shitty hack writer.

His drug fueled binge writing is barely readable and when you add how he fucking ends books it's basically unforgivable. But I guess anything is popular with fucking idiots.

Try harder

Not really drunk, had 6 beers at the bar and one shot. Now I'm drinking some gin at home. More sober than I've been the last three days. This is my "slow down" day.

I am.

Intermission, need to mix a drink. Brb in a few minutes. Thanks for the questions Sup Forumsros.

Do you ever get a hangover anymore?

why not coca cola instead?

why are you allowed to withdraw money from your bank when you have no money?

I have one half/half whiskey and dry (large tumbler glass) every night without fail, how fucked am i?

I'm drinking fireball instead of smoking weed. I hate drinking. HELP!

If you know how fucked up you are why don't you stop?

I know what addiction is like but after a while I mean come on man is it really worth all this shit? You think about how fucked up your life is right now but you could still do something if you wanted. You are relatively young. You start tomorrow you could own your own place in 20 years. What is stopping you?

How did you get past the time when you realized your dreams were dead?

Favorite drink?

Never!!!! This world is too cruel.

24. Been doing this for 3 years..i never get properly drunk, just a buzz on. but yeah i guess im fucked now. at least i stopped smoking pot

On Writing was excellent. But the point is there's a market for your trajectory. It's a flooded cesspool of a market - for every King there's tens of thousands of lit majors with no teeth living in urine soaked cardboard boxes.

But ask yourself if at 30 you're really ready to just take the next ramp on to the corporate interstate of mortgaged up leased-SUV fuckwits just yet. You've got a few more experiences in you before you throw in the towel over -$200

What's the easiest drink to mix together to look like a cocktail for I'mpressing a grill?

inb4 mods

When does it end?

It is fucked up and sometimes people are born with situations they cannot change. But most people are capable of a decent life or at least a decent shot at one. After a certain point this cruel as fuck world is cruel because you have been a lazy shitty asshole and not just because this is a shit planet.

Hey Op here is a good question for you
Who would win 1 billion of lions or 1 magma?
>Explain your answer

I'm trying to do the same with substituting weed with alcohol as it doesn't give me the cloudiness hangover when I go to work. I really like weed but I hope the government does not legalize it as I've encountered its' evil for a year being high every night after work.

>You start tomorrow you could own your own place in 20 years. What is stopping you?

Don't do this OP. You think the last 10 years was bad - you wont even be aware of the next 20 if you attempt such mediocrity.

Last job I worked my boss took his family on their first overseas holiday... at age 50.

Working in a bar I am sure you are regularly subjected to overtly loud music.

Does one of your ears ever lose sound and just start ringing for a few seconds before returning to normal? It's a strange sensation to explain.

I wouldn't mind winning 1 billion of lions. I would make a lion army and go from country to country taking over land and raping women. I'll probably let symba and scooby join in as well.

Are you retarded?

i smoked weed daily for 4 years, the whiskey is a much better option. i feel alot better in the mornings but still im abusing a substance so its not ideal. maybe one day i wont be such a shit cunt

Cause the nigger was having an affair with a tight 18 yo girl who's still in high school.

I'm a clown, this is a clown thread, look here for reference:

I wonder if we will ever get out of this shit hole? Or have fried brain too much with solitary depression.

Yes, I get pretty bad hangovers. I even got them in my early 20s. I just got used to living with them. Mostly the alcohol affects my heart. When my hangovers are really bad my heart pounds nonstop all day and it's very uncomfortable.

I don't understand the question. Why not Coke? I don't drink a lot of soda. I am not allowed to withdraw money. I didn't even know I was negative until I tried to pay my bar tab tonight and was denied, so I had to pay in cash.

One drink per night isn't a big deal. It's no different than taking sleeping meds or drinking coffee every single day.

I hate Fireball. I don't like any cinnamon or peppermint liquor.

I wish I could answer that. However, at the same time I think I am making progress. I am much better now than I was five years ago. It's a struggle, and I'm stubborn, and I make excuses for my actions.

I still have hope. The only reason I made it this long is the belief that things will get better.

I used to drink a lot of bourbon, now I mostly drink beer. I don't really have favorite drinks, but I don't like vodka. That's about it.

I'm not throwing in shit yet. I just wanted to talk.

Anything with juice and a garnish. Tequila Sunrise. Tequila, OJ, grenadine and a cherry. Tastes good, looks pretty, and will fuck you up because it's Tequila.

who knows man. time will tell i guess, good luck to you my bro.

impressive dubtrips and thanks for answering

dude Im 20 and have $4700
how did you fuck up so bad?

This motherfucker is a drunk at a bar and you are worried about him starting a savings account? Attempting mediocrity? You must be one privileged bitch or one dumb motherfucker. You clearly don't know much about writing in any case even if he wrote every day and was the most brilliant mind of our generation there is a good chance no one would care about his writing until long after his ass is dead.

Where is the shame in a man taking his family on vacation overseas when he is 50? Most families live in a 20 mile radius of where they were born their whole fucking lives. You are an idiot.

how would you control that army?

no daddies money for a start

Trying to figure that out.

I agree. I blame myself. I know that now.

The lions would probably kill each other. They hunt in select packs, but a group that large would turn on themselves. Magma wins.

I actually do have bad hearing now. My left ear is bad and I usually have to lean in with my right ear to hear people talk when there is a lot of noise. My hearing has definitely decreased working in loud environments.

You motherfuckers are ignorant

Ever heard of marijuana withdrawal?
Ever experienced alcohol withdrawal?

Do you know what it's like to legitimately think you are dying?
Keep it up...

When I was 20 I had 20,000 dollars in stock how did you fuck up so bad?

i went through a period of dropping 100mg tramadol multiple times a day, so yeah i know a thing or two. fucking glad i kicked that shit though

Of course fam

I'm not a trust fund baby like you

This is correct, and also depressing. God damnit.

not sure what you're implying faggot so say it lima charlie

That's so hardcore!

What state do you live in?

You faggots have anymore questions or do you just want to bitch at each other all night?

Did you or do you ever write in a particular way?

Pen and paper, pencil and pad, typewriter, computer program?

I am a romantic I have to ask.

>This is correct, and also depressing. God damnit.

This guy made my point perfectly. You can write at a time when the US is pulling itself to pieces, you've practically hit the Hemmingway jackpot and you're in here moaning about -$200.

My boss had to live a meager existence of watching every penny for 30 years while nothing happened, to go on one fuckin holiday, because of all the things he bought that he thought society expected of him.

He is the one who thinks he had the great time. Hemmingway blew his brains out.

with a main command center. With lions you need to be alpha so most likely with a testosterone sync with all lions so when they see me they'll know to recognize real.

take the piss man i dont care

I live in Lawrence, KS. Don't really mind telling you where I live.

I used to write on a typewriter back in grade school because my mom owned one. I loved it! I mostly scribble notes in my phone and write on my computer now. It's hard for me to do pen and paper because I have carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists. I type around 130wpm for speed tests, and have been typing a lot since 8th grade. I guess after a while it's worn my wrists down.

I'm not trying to moan about -$200. I just felt like starting a dialog. I'm not that bad off honestly.

>I used to write on a typewriter back in grade school because my mom owned one.
I read
>owned me
three times until I got that sentence right.

Maybe I need holidays

What would you do differently?

I'm glad you did, keep it up.

Alcohol withdrawal is hard enough to deal with in and of itself. I've been hospitalized from it. It's fucking scary. It fucking sucks. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. So I apologize if I came across a little aggro. It's like describing to a virgin why pussy feels like.
tl:dr I'm not saying don't drink. Just don't let it take over your life.

Most of everything anyone does and what worth it has is a matter of perception. You think in 1000 years anyone is going to give a fuck about you or what you did? You think that even in100 years anyone will? Your boss watched every penny they had for 30 years and what did he do? Did they buy a bunch of useless shit for themselves? No. He choose an experience. He choose something he could share with his family. He chose his family.

Life is pretty much fucking meaningless but this guy dedicated his life to something he could share with those closest to him.

If you think there is something more meaningful in life I have some bad news for you.

even kids without daddies money have more than a few hundred
Im not very smart and didnt know how to make that much in a short span
>I'm not a trust fund baby like you
fuck you, Im poor as fuck, just cause some sober through whats bothering us doesnt mean lifes that good, you probably had a way better start/background than me, but anyway, way didn't you try finding a different job/trade the past 10 years??

>disconnect yourself from people who are holding you back
but how do you KNOW their holding you back?

Is bartending a good line of work?

I have no idea man. I've had an entertaining life, it just didn't lead me to where I wanted to be at 30. Life is all about sacrifices, and if I could go back that would mean sacrificing all the amazing sex I had, all the crazy experiences, all the weird and bizarre moments. The last ten years have been fun, but the realization of being 30, broke, and addicted, is starting to set in.

thunderstorms in KS right now?

You can safely taper off of alcohol. It's not the most pleasant thing in the world but it beats the hell out of carrying on any longer than necessary. And you will feel so muh better after a few days.

Good luck

My point was why fucking brag about what you have in the bank? it's meaningless here.

I didn't know what the fuck I was doing either I just made some lucky investments and learned. In some alternate timeline I lost everything I fucking invested when I started and don't have a dime.

I'm 22. Guide me to through path you would have done at this age. Also I am in the security field and would not mind pursuing that path in terms of advancement. Also am semi-introvert but am loosing that shell now as I work each day.

I made a lot of mistakes in my life, hence why I made this thread to talk about it. I wasn't talking shit on you, you were talking shit because you are 20 and have $4k. That's great if it's true. Good for you, I have no issues with that. At one point I was 24 and had about $6k and gambled and drank it all away. I'm not here to compare dick sizes, I just wanted to talk about my experiences with anyone who was interested.

There's always a part of you that knows someone isn't going to help you in the long run.

It can be if you have the willpower. I made way more money than anyone else I knew when I started bartending at 21.

I'm on the same path with the exception that I tried my luck at being an entrepreneur (so far, it's working... kinda).

It's a long story, and I love to chat with you about it.

But I got to climb a mountain tomorrow and I'm fucking exhausted.

My life motto has always been, we make our own choices and choose which path we go down. Regardless if it's intentional or not.

Good luck Sup Forumsro and take what belongs to you. Don't let anyone steal your happiness. Fuck the rules and come out swinging.

In short, ball harder.

Night Sup Forumsro and Sup Forums.

Not yet, but hitting here in about an hour. It's supposed to be rainy all week. Thankfully, it's humid as fuck right now.

True. I've never done hard drugs in my life. Always booze, weed and pain killers. Mostly booze.

If I was 22 again I would disconnect myself from the bad influential people I knew at the time. I would focus more on work and bettering myself instead of trying to get laid all the time. It's hard to say dude, because I had a lot of fun at 22, but nothing I did helped me in the long run. I sacrificed my future to enjoy my present. I am also very extroverted, so I don't know what it's like to be the shy type.

cause he mentioned it 1st
you started it *Mr.-$200 Don't end up like me guize*
just going along we all feel that way sometimes
and I am interested so answer my previous question

Thanks Sup Forumsro. Enjoy your climb man, be safe, have fun.

Thanks man. Now if only the girl I'm going with share the same feelings as I did of her, I'd be fucking unstoppable.

Stupid how much a woman's love can influence you. At least one that you love. Not some side skank.

Your question, "How did you fuck up so bad?"

If that's the question you are asking, I don't have an answer. I don't know man, I'm still trying to figure that out. I want to correct it. There are a lot of reasons why I fucked up. There's no easy answer. I made some stupid choices in life, and I want to fix them.

WE HAVE A BAD ASS OVER HERE.