Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE
youtube.com/watch?v=7lO7e9pG7qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y-6IQui7Lp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

u couldve used less effort and just said "im a pleb"

Bc he made good music mostly

B8

This of course isn't a threat, I just have very powerful friends and would end your life without feeling a thing

His tape stuff is sort of pretentious, but the bulk of his stuff is incredibly good.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE

>inb4 naming an album after a T.S. Eliot poem is pretentious

If you think that's his best album you're a hopeless scaruffi drone

>image.jpg
Hello phone poster

I liked his early stuff but after 1965ish I lost interest in a lot of his stuff, he didn't do experimentation very well and others took up the American Primitivism torch and did it better

I'd much rather listen to Falconer's Arm than so much of that John Fahey stuff that gets overly praised like America or Fare Forward Voyagers

This is b8 guys, nobody's this retarded

His best album is probably Red Cross

Oh yeah if that was bait why are there swat vans surrounding my house my parents house*

most underrated fahey coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=7lO7e9pG7qQ

Live in Tasmania is also very underrated

He's like a post-modern archive for roots american music. It's no surprise that he was a very knowledgable guy when it came to folk musics (he was a record collector and studied the subject at college), but there was something truly magical about the way he adapted the spirit and feel of folk for his own free-flowing, improvisational aesthetic. He was one of the first people to turn the steel-stringed guitar into a solo concert instrument, and his sense of dissonance is like nothing I've ever heard.

it definitely has some of his best renditions. youtube.com/watch?v=y-6IQui7Lp8

It has the most intense rendition of Red Pony that I know of, and his banter with the audience is fun too.

yeah fahey had the best sense of humor of any musician I know of
especially some of the liner notes

Wtf don't kill me.

Sorry man, i misfired there
I don't have friends and would definitely feel bad if i killed you, that would infringe on your sense of freedom of expression

misfire again and i'll fucking end you

Ok fine

This
>oh I can't sing for shit I'll just fuck around with my guitar and sell it to poseurs