Can Sup Forums do basic probability?

Can Sup Forums do basic probability?

Two coins are independent events. 1/2.

200%

yeah but if you take into account that there are two coins what would the possibility of both coins being heads. what would the possibility of 3 coins being heads and so on

ten cents

They are independent, yes, but they are both reliant or dependent on the question at hand. You where on the right track.

1/3
There are 4 possible outcomes when you flip 2 coins
TT
HT
TH
HH
There are three possible outcomes if one of the coins lands on heads because the TT option is eliminated. So there is a one in three chance the other is heads.

/thread

Oh look! This thread again and everyone is still an idiot.

What's the answer then?

Boii. It's a 0% probability. It says flipped two coins without letting you see them. But ONE of them is heads. ONE. So the other must be tails.

But what is the odds of you losing the coin?

Kid, what the fuck are you talking about. That doesn't make any fucking sense you shithead. GTFO or answer properly, we're trying to have a discussion you twat.

The question does not state any kind of conditional probability.

dis

>tell me one of them is heads
The other is tails

>only 3 possibilities

Your asking about both events leading to a single outcome. They are dependent.

See

50/50. Question asks about the second coin.

In that case it's not a question of probability or anything to do with mathematics. It becomes a semantic trick-question. Which are lame ploys to insult everyone's intelligence.

Yes

If you say ONE of them is heads, that means the other is tails m8.

This is like the question about the plane that crashed where they found twenty foreheads, it's just a matter of wording. It's the kind of question that an uncle asks his 10 year nephew, knowing that he'll undoubtedly get it wrong, in order to find a small shrewd of laughter in his miserable existence.

Explain Why it has to be tails

Are you allowed to lie?
If so it's a 1/4.
There are 4 outcomes
Weather you lie or not creates 2 outcomes, the second coin can be heads or tails. If you are only allowed to tell the truth, you've eliminated the possibility of tails - tails.
>heads - heads
>heads - tails
>tails - heads
>tails - tails

>
>

pretty sure it's 37.5%

>YFW OP and not getting any bites

Because the person looking at the coins told you that "one of them is heads". It's wordplay desu.

Because you can see it in the picture you fucking dumb ass. OP literally shows you the answer.

You may have worded this as to mean that one, and only one, of the quarters are heads. Therefor there is 0 probability of a double heads, but in reality there is no mechanism to create outcomes, there is no probability because you've already tossed the coins and given the answer to the states of the two coins.
/thread

So would that not mean that the other coin still has a 50/50 chance at being heads

amirite?

Check 'em.
Dubs never lie.

yeah no...it doesn't have to be tails. by your logic it's impossible to say the sentence "one is heads, the other one is also heads" because I already said the first one is heads it's impossible for the second one to be heads also right?

Those are pictures of coins they have no relevance, are you retarded.

50/50
50/50
50/50

I know you're just saying that for the sake of saying it, but no, the "one" is referring to the number of coins that was heads rather than the fact that at least one or more of them came up heads. Conversely, he could have also said that "one of them was tails" without changing it from being the exact same situation.

You know it's the answer because it is the reason this thread was created. It's b8, m8, the same reason why these wordplays exist in the first place. They exist only to waste people's time arguing about the math when the math has nothing to do with it.

You're just wrong. The events are dependent on the answer, it HAS TO BE 1/3'rd. Fucking hell you cunts are stupid...

The other coin didn't land on either heads or tails. It miraculously landed on its side. Prove me wrong.

It's been scientifically proven to be a 180 in 2.4 billion chance. That's basically negligible

How many outcomes: 2
100/2
50%
/thread

So would that not mean that the other coin still has a 50/50 chance at being heads

amirite?

So what you're saying is there's a chance?

So what you're saying is there's a chance?

I'm not arguing about wordplay the question is made to have different answers to make sure you get it wrong I'm arguing about the logic in the statment "one is something so the other can't be the same"

I'm not saying that this fact for every situation of conversation, just this particular question.

OP here, can you stop shit-posting you inbred fuck

>the other is also heads
because the first coin has already been determined heads and thus independent from the second coinflip the chances are 50/50 because even if the first coinflip magically changed to tails while the second coin was in the air the probability of either side remains the same

assuming you're telling the truth
50%

25%
We aren't even sure the first one is heads. It's a semantics problem.

Hi OP. You just keep on keeping on and being a faggot.

Dudes, the question is mathematical, not psychological

OP is in a room with 100 niggers. How many dicks does he suck?

101 ?

it's the quarter of a inch

Put them in water they'll need a crane to lift them out.

50%
It'd be the same if I flipped one coin in front of you, then flipped one coin behind my back. Since the first one is already set, and has no relation to the second, it's just a normal coin toss.

The correct answer is all of them.

Infinitely many. OP keeps bringing more niggers into the room

None, fuk u, they're all sucking my dick.

>Evolves into a OPfaggay!

Much keks

You can't say that about OP, he won't remain user like that!

but you do well with rock, tails...

I was inclined to say 50% but then I realized
"this is probably some monty hall problem bullshit or something"
so I thought about it a little more

Heads & Heads
Heads & Tails
Tails & Heads
Tails & Tails (Impossible)

Heads & Heads is only one of three possible outcomes for this, while a variation of Heads and Tails makes up the other two

So it's a 1 in 3 chance that the other coin is heads.

So if you find which second number I wrote on a paper, you win
The first was 1.
Range: 1-2
Which one could be 1 or 2?
So.. 50%

No, because it's not interchangeable which is which.
Column A is the revealed coin, columb B is the unrevealed

>H H
>H T
>T H Not possible, coin A is heads
>T T Not possible, coin A is heads

It's 50%

1/3 but its a trick question and a mathematical circle jerk, by changing how you ask the question you can get the answer to also be 1/2 or even 1/4

Oy vey...

Possible outcomes of two coins being flipped:

H H
H T
T H
T T

One of these outcomes is not permissible since you know at least one is heads: double tails. This leaves us three possible outcomes:

H H
H T
T H

Out of these three you know that one coin is heads and nothing more, you do no know which, so all possibilities here are valid since at least one is heads.

Out of the following possibilities there is only one that satisfies both of the coins being heads because one is already known to be heads.

One possibility out of three possibilities satisfies this answer: both heads.

The answer is one in three (1/3 or 33.333...%)

Nope

You more likely that not wrote down a 2 and a 1 in some order than it is that you wrote down a 1 and a 1. It is also impossible that you wrote down a 2 and a 2, unless you are lying.

Why are you defining them as coin A and coin B? OP only told you that ONE of the two is heads. It doesn't matter if it's coin A or coin B.

1-2
2-1
It's the same.

Oh damn, didn't realize that. It's 1/3 then

Coin A is not heads.
Coin A and/or Coin B are heads.

I took AP Stats senior year of HS. Passed the class but didn't bother wasting $90 on a test I would fail

This question is asked stupidly and destroys the concept of the original question, which I'm sure you've intentionally bastarized.

You've separated the events so drastically it's the same as asking, "if I roll a die and the result is 3, what are the odds that a coin flip comes up heads?"

You're either a raging idiot or a nefarious genius.

Good job
8.2/10

sorry, was right Abraham

Coin flip 1 has already been determined as heads.
Coin flip 2 has a 50/50 chance of being heads or tails, a coinflip is literally 50/50, even if you flipped the coin 10 times, it would be 10 individual events of 50% chances.

Also, who cares if it's a lie?
This is mathematical

See

You have to pay for tests ?

So you'd rather I say Coin 1/2 is heads so coin 1/2 is 50/50 ?

no
This is very similar to the monty hall problem
There are three doors. Behind two of them there are goats, and behind one of them there is a car.
The host (who knows what's behind every door) let's you pick a door. After you choose, he opens a door that a goat is behind, revealing that there is now only two choices: your original pick, and the other door. The host then asks you to switch. Should you?

Let's say there are a billion doors. Behind one of them is your perfect waifu, and behind the rest of them there are dead animals. The host asks you to pick a door at random, giving you a 1 in 1 billion chance of picking you at random. The host then opens every door but the door you picked and one other door, either of which could be your waifu. Should you switch?

the chance is 49% (including the small possibility that it lands on it's edge), if not then it's 50/50, more or less, it may be weighted due to the engravement.

The only piece of information missing is whether or not the character revealing the outcome of one of the coins is lying or not...

but then you'd be wrong instead of simply prone to misreading things

well, the question states that they are both flipped, meaning that they both landed safely, or were both recovered, either way it's (literally) out of the question.

No.

We can assume the character is telling the truth because it literally doesn't matter: the outcome is already determined, so the probability of other outcomes has dropped to zero. This is why calculating the probability of past events is meaningless- the odds only matter before the event terminates.

level of mathematical ignorance in this thread....

they are just there to add a picture for those whom lack the mental capability to answer or add any relevant information (You).

The coin that is already heads has nothing to do with the question
It's asking what is the probability of a single seperate coin flip which was flipped after one that just so happened to be heads

No it doesn't you inbred retard

>tfw its actually 51% because the heads side weighs a little more

Is this really something you riddle about? Isn't this basic maths?
Probability of one coin landing heads: 0.5
Probability of two points landing heads: 0.5*0.5=0.25
Haven't you ever been in school?
(If that's the case: 0.25 means 25%)

*Coins, not points

Not enough to round it up to 51%

Clearly you were home schooled by your retard mother.

25%