In this thread I will tell you, how the world was created

In this thread I will tell you, how the world was created.

youtube.com/watch?v=oWWlJaRiWkU

At first there were only primal waters and Sky. But Sky also had a daughter named Ilmatar. One day, seeking a resting place, Ilmatar descended to the waters. There she swam and floated for 700 years until she noticed a beautiful bird also searching for a resting place. Ilmatar raised her knee towards the bird so it could land, which it did. The bird then laid six eggs made of gold and one made of iron. As the bird incubated her eggs Ilmatar's knee grew warmer and warmer until finally she was burned by the heat and reacted by jerking her leg. This motion dislodged the eggs, which then fell and shattered in the waters. Land was formed from the lower part of one of the eggshells while sky formed from the top. The egg whites turned into the moon and stars, and the yolk became the sun.

Ilmatar spent another few hundred years floating in the waters, admiring the results of these broken eggs until she could not resist the urge growing inside her to continue creation. Her foot prints became pools for fish and simply by pointing she created contours in the land. In this way she made all that is. Then one day she gave birth to Väinämöinen, the first man, whose father was the sea. Väinämöinen swam off until he found land, but the land was barren so he asked the Great Bear in the sky for help. A boy carrying seeds was sent down to him, and this boy spread flora across the land.

Any questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AnH5k-_U2L0
youtube.com/watch?v=QKHOEB4G6b4
youtube.com/watch?v=cID2XfVe2YU
youtube.com/watch?v=FAcZccu_fBc
youtube.com/watch?v=RXpjxNp_EE8
youtube.com/watch?v=i3sc4NxPwt0
youtube.com/watch?v=922alQ4Bn_8
youtube.com/watch?v=s4BJ3wng6Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=kAPyRryK1HY
youtube.com/watch?v=DRaWOggDTkQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

gunna read

then who was phone

Nice music

Is this from Väinämöinen mythology?
are you finnish by any chance?

1) Correct, it is nice music.
2) It's from the Finnish mythology. Väinämöinen is just one character, although a very important one. There are different versions of the story. Kind of like dialects of mythology.
3) Mie uon.

youtube.com/watch?v=AnH5k-_U2L0

god ejaculated world out while fapping to some real weird shit

Egg whites = stars
Yolk = sun

The sun's a star phaget! Learn2space

Torille?

Nice.
do you know of the bock saga?
it combines all of these ancient mythologies.
I got really into it at one point, it is a very nice story

You don't decide what is what. You should consult Ilmarinen, he forged the sky.

Ej ennee tähä aekaa.

I do. Haven't read it though. Have you heard this? youtube.com/watch?v=QKHOEB4G6b4 It's based on the saga.

Torille.

it's worth the read. it uses the same characters as from the finnish mythology.
-
I have not.
it sounds cool

Then who was phone?

I might read it sometime but for now I have enough actual folklore to read.

Do it, it's very different. It's a whole system of how to think.
-
What are you reading?

youtube.com/watch?v=cID2XfVe2YU

Itämerensuomalaisten mytologia (Mythology of Baltic Finns) by Anna-Leena Siikala at the moment.

Thanks a lot for the Tri-Logy.

Never felt this restless.

In good and in bad. Vittuakos näistä.

You're welcome. The Real Thing is an epic song.
Here's a couple more albums:
youtube.com/watch?v=FAcZccu_fBc
youtube.com/watch?v=RXpjxNp_EE8

Have you seen this pike though? It's huge! Väinämöinen made a kantele out its jawbone.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3sc4NxPwt0

nice
If you ever read the bock saga, I think you will look differently on the things you have previously read.

Are you at all in to Carl Jungs train of thought?

youtube.com/watch?v=922alQ4Bn_8

Väinämöinen is so badass. Is it not also him who can sing things into existence? I remember something about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4BJ3wng6Mk

I doubt. The Bock saga doesn't have any historical value or place in tradition. It might still be good fiction but I don't want to mix it into folklore.

Psychology and philosophy are on my to-do list, so I have to answer I don't know for now.

Yes but he's not the only one, who can do it, although probably the most powerful one. Anyone with enough knowledge can technically sing things into existence but practically only the mightiest heroes had such knowledge about nature, spells and the origin of things.

Bump

It might be fiction, it might be true, I don't know. as it was only passed down the bock family line.

Then defenitly go for Jung, he goes to the core of the essence of the human mind. I find him the most facinating of all psychologist because he is also very much into alchemy and mythology

Once I hummed in the forest unto a tree, and then a little baby deer came up to me like five meters away from me, and then we just stood there looking at eachother for like maybe 30 seconds before I became a little bit anxious and then it ran away.

Even that has been contested. It's likely that Ior created the story himself and didn't hear it from his mother. But I'll read it some time.

Jung sounds interesting. My plan is to start with Nietzsche, continue with Goethe but Jung could be the next in line. But before that I have a lot of reading to do with natural sciences.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRaWOggDTkQ

And when you get to philosophy, read all the works of Epicurus. He is the mightiest of all philosophers. He is Epic! lol
He didn't leave much behind. maybe around 20 full pages.
if you read and understand it all then you should be all set and done in the field of philosophy.

all of the other philosophers envied him at his time because he had so many followers, and he continued to have followers up til around 700 ears after his death. the lines of teachers were never broken until then.