Album has a deluxe edition

>album has a deluxe edition

I can't think of anything that makes me think less of an artist any more than this

What's wrong with deluxe albums you autist

>The deluxe was released after the death of the band/frontman
Fuck Courtney Love

>he thinks this is the artist's choice and not the labels

wewlads

Because it's fucking cheap and the equivalent of "DLC" in the music world. It's one thing if the "deluxe edition" is an anniversary edition of an album released sometime ago, but when artists release "deluxe editions" with more tracks alongside of regular editions of their albums it just screams the words "sellout".

a man's gotta eat

what if all the deluxe songs match up in quality to the rest of the album? And yes that can happen

>Courtney Love
>Mike Love
This can't be a coincidence, any one with Love on their name is an asshole

>what, more music than I asked for?
>how dare they!!
literal autism

It doesn't matter, why don't they just release the deluxe edition tracks on the regular album instead of making you pay extra for more content? It just totally ruins the artistic integrity of an artist that they're trying to milk money out of their fans at the expense of their art. Albums have been around for a long time without being subjected to this bullshit, it's a recent trend that needs to fuck off.

It was not even 3 years later you buffoon

>why don't they just release the deluxe edition tracks on the regular album
Because it won't fit on one CD?

>paint a painting
>cut a third of the painting off
>$10 for 2 thirds of the painting and an extra 20 if you want the whole thing :^)

Uh, usually they would and if that's the case why not make it a double album anyway?

>>cut a third of the painting off
False equivalency

More like
>$10 for the full painting
>additional $10 for the sketches for said painting and supplemental material
>Uh, usually they would and if that's the case
You can fit 100 minutes on a CD?
>why not make it a double album anyway?
That wasn't the artistic vision of the album

did you just defend courtney love cashing out on Kurt's death

but the bonus tracks in the deluxe edition are usually written after the record is released, so the original album is a complete work of art on it's own

>did you just defend courtney love cashing out on Kurt's death
Yeah because without that we would not have had the Devonshire Mixes, which is better than Nevermind.

Enjoy forking out more cash than necessary just to get a hold of a complete product that should have been sold intact in the first place instead of sliced and diced and sold at a markup to fill the record industry execs pockets with more cash you fucking faggot

>paying for music

>Enjoy forking out more cash than necessary
I just torrent it you dummy
>only I say what is or is not an artist's artistic vision!

>Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow
>ends perfectly
>DELUXXXXXXXE version has two extra tracks
No reason. They're solid songs, but nah.

>hurr durr nobody pays for music xD

The record industry wouldn't be around if nobody payed for music. Plebs still do and they're getting ripped off by dirty jews

>>hurr durr nobody pays for music xD
Nice strawman

Do you have a real argument or not?

how do you torrent vinyl records

>needledrop rips whats that

>Reissue has different cover art

fml

You sure are angry, and wrong.
If no one paid for music the quality would just increase

Not sure what you are even taking about here

Take the Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream remastered delux edition:
>remastered original album, sounds better than before
>bonus CD of demos, b-sides and outtakes from the Siamese Dream recording sessions
>bonus DVD of a concert form the tour
It still retains the "artistic credibility" by presenting the original album as disc 1, but we get supplemental new archival material on discs 2 and 3. How is this a bad thing?