What the fuck?

What the fuck?

This movie is great.

How or why did it get such a bad rap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine if they remade it with a female Robocop and it got the same reception it did. We'd still be hearing about it.

I loved the original and never saw the remake.
Its hard to go into a movie where you know the story so well.

>forgettable antagonists
>shitty family drama
>changing Anne Lewis' gender and race
>PG-13
>failed attempts at homages "duh I wouldn't buy that for a dollar, get it guys
>Robocop is made in fucking China not the good ol' US of A

Only good part is the reveal of his body.

It was an enjoyable movie, but it humanized robocop too much. In the original, we get the sense that throughout the movie he becomes more human, but in this they have a brief section where he's full on robot and the rest he's practically always got his face on show. Coupled with still having a family and such, it didn't really feel like Robocop, but just another action movie.

They should've treated it like Dredd and just kept the visor down the whole movie.

that'd be hot

If it were better than the original or did something different it would've been fantastic but it didn't. It's just a generic rehash which makes it a shitty movie.
Heck if it were standalone and didn't ride on the Robocop name it'd been better.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

This scene is fucked up

Not even memeing, the movie is alright

its not terrible but it nowhere good either.

Forgettable is the word I'd use to describe it

It would have been watchable if they kept him in the fucking first suit. Black one took me out of the movie completely.

>original Robocop is a machine that turns more human as the movie progress
>reboot Robocop is a human that turns into a machine

> it's bad because it isn't the same as the original
> it's bad because it is the same

A reboot needs to do 1 of 2 things. Either be different to the original or be better than the original. Otherwise there's no good reason to reboot it.

No it's not great. You're just a pleb that has no idea what a good movie is.

literally this

>No R rating
>Pussified violence

Pretty much goes against what made the original great. The movie is for plebs.

gratuitous violence for the sake of it doesn't make a movie good. It just makes it violent.

it's an action flick, not a movie.

It lacked Jesus metaphor.

Also it made the same mistake ghostbusters will make

how do you go from this to this

Worst part is that it was a deliberate design choice, explained in-universe, then reverted at the end to signify that he was no longer under corporate control.

Actually, I guess they were going for an origin kind of thing, where he becomes the true Robocop at the end?

technometal

the reason was literally "tacticool".

what a joke.

This. I just have no interest in watching it, since I love the original so much.

Mainly reddit circlejerk hivemind. Someone decided it would be bad, and then everyone else wanted to be cool so they agreed, and then it came out and it actually wasn't bad, but they couldn't say they were wrong, so they kept saying it was bad, despite many of them not even having seen the movie.

Same with new Total Recall and new TMNT

It literally just looks like a rubber outfit. There was no reason to do that "he doesn't get the costume yet" bullshit with fucking Robocop.

I liked the movie until they literally fucking jobbed

>uuuuuuuuh we have a press conference in few minutes showing we made a human robo cop
>better suppress everything that made him human lol

Everything afterwards was just unnecessary

Total Recall was absolute boring shit, they didn't even go to fucking Mars.

It was the most blandest forgettable shit ever. The only reason Robocop 2014 was even a fraction bit watchable, was because its a guy whose a robot now shooting people.

first part is great

then it goes downhill during and after "solving his own homicide".

robocop was mediocre at best and total recall was boring as shit.
i haven't seen tmnt, but considering your taste i'll be safe to assume that it's mediocre as well.

TMNT was worse than either of those remakes. By a long way. I'll still watch the sequel tho. Might be better.

Yea cyborg stuff is hot

i turned it off half way trough, it's shit

Kill yourself

That scene is good but the action scenes are awful. Robocop with no gore.

TR is a god awful Total Recall reboot.
Remove the name and it's a generic sci-fi action movie.
TMNT is complete trash. Nothing about it is redeeming. Nothing.

Good action makes an action movie good. This movie has terrible action that will affect no one.

Nothing in the TR remake made any damn sense.

>Pg-13
>boring Alex
>shitty effect
>shitty robo-costume
>shitty story
>shitty villain
>Robocop is some dexfag instead of a tank
>boring action

The original is better on every possible level, even the fucking effects.

It made more sense than the original. What about it managed to confuse you?

Don't trust that guy, he's no good for trade.

It did not you fucking cunt.

lmao

>turned a female buddy cop into a flamboyant nigger

I find some "original" (aka rip-offs) movies to be better than official reboots/remakes.

Pixels was a pretty good Ghostbuster-type remake. I haven't seen the new one, of course, but it looks bad from the things I did see.

Dead Mary was a better Evil Dead remake than the one we got (ED wasn't that bad, but the last act was generic and the tone didn't fit with the rest of the movie).

To be honest there was nothing wrong with Omar, but you know they did it because they didn't want to have any other women that could vie for Murphy's affections, not like his wife gave any kind of memorable performance anyway though.

Perhaps if you were to lay out the difficulties you had with the film I could assist in explicating them.

Nancy Allen must be spinning in her grave.

She sleeps in a coffin, like Bella Lugosi. She's cool like that.

But what the fuck happened? She was a great strong female character. Current Year versions of strong females are shit.

>Pixels was a pretty good Ghostbuster-type remake.
There isn't even a passing resemblance there. It's closer to something like Top Gun, where the guy has a crisis of confidence but has to rise to some challenge and save the day.

Confirmed for not watching the movie.

The change in suit was decided by the CEO, because the focus groups weren't yielding the results he wanted. He told them to go with a tactical look so all the kids would like it and that they people didn't actually know what they wanted.

It's called irony and it was well put into the movie.

Why they wipe his memory and send him to Australia when he already had infiltrated the resistance sucessfully and knows where theyre hiding out. Why they keep the invasion plans in his head. Why even invade Australia at all. Why not check the metro. Why bother attacking them in the nogo zone, just turn off the damn electricity. Why not keep them there if their existance justifies your powergrabbing means.

Kill yourself m8.
Original > Reboot in every regard.
Plot, effects, character development, casting. Everything.

>great

Lets have some perspective.

It didn't piss me off though you could do worse for sure.

It was decent. The original is incredible though and easily one of my favorite films of all time.

I'll go as far as to say the new Robocop is worth a "watch" but the original is still better in every way.

Your Move, Creep.

It was fucking terrible and not even in an interesting way. Watching that movie is like eating cardboard. A complete disgrace and an insult to the original.

Tmnt was surprisingly good. Better than civil war for sure. That robot ninja shredder was rad with his 40 sword hands. I only watched it when I found out Johnny Knoxville voiced one of the turtles, but it ended up being pretty good.

>Posting a picture of RoboCop 3

Bitches leave

>ceo yields to focus groups and children
>"ITS IRONIC!"

do you fucking know what irony is?

Or the spin they put on the fact that an AI is doing the thinking in engagements.

oh wait nevermind thought you meant in real life

>It's a Hamato Yoshi doesn't exist episode