Merriweather postpavillian was the only animal collective album i had heard and I absolutely love it...

Merriweather postpavillian was the only animal collective album i had heard and I absolutely love it. I've owned it for a couple years now and decided to try strawberry jam. Damn.. wasn't expecting something so hard to listen to. It wasn't bad but it's pretty out there compared to MWPP

Other urls found in this thread:

asunnydayinglasgow.bandcamp.com/album/planning-weed-like-it-s-acid-life-is-loss
mega.nz/#!qAw0yAwB!L9DKeYsUclFL1fm4fx9dvdUGDNE66WaIU1060WHR6nE
youtube.com/watch?v=4thcEJtL2TI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give this a listen, this and sj have been compared a few times

A Sunny Day In Glasgow - Planning Weed Like It's Acid / Life Is Loss: Pop Songs 2015
>Noise Pop, Shoegaze, Dream Pop,

Sample: asunnydayinglasgow.bandcamp.com/album/planning-weed-like-it-s-acid-life-is-loss

mega.nz/#!qAw0yAwB!L9DKeYsUclFL1fm4fx9dvdUGDNE66WaIU1060WHR6nE

youtube.com/watch?v=4thcEJtL2TI
what do you think of this

fucking stop dude, you've been shilling this album for over a month now

>Strawberry Jam
>hard to listen to

?? Pick one

>SJ
>not accessible pop music

Am I being baited here

I was in the same boat, although I like SJ first.

You got a lot of adjusting to do if you want to be a true anco fan.

I highly recommend Strawberry Jam and Fall be Kind however. CHz and PW are my favs too, but are a bit different.

Why do people pretend animal collective is hard to listen to

Danse Manatee clicked on its first or second listen jfc

It's literally straight-forward pop melodies.

>Why do people pretend animal collective is hard to listen to
I dont know what music you listened to before but most people never heard of this level of noise in their music.

Stuff like Forest Gospel and everything from Here Comes the Indian is not just confusing musically to some but also incredibly vulgar and feral sounding.

I still feel like that with their stuff but appreciate it more now.

wow you weren't weirded out by a non conventional album look how special you are

besides #1 theres nothing really unconventional about it

I mean let's not be retarded here, it's not top 40 accessible, but anything Sung Tongs and onwards from them is still a pretty easy listen, nothing insane

These are the same people that have listened to CHz and PW once and deemed the band shit.

They're just mu-core fans, not anco fans

No, the people that think MPP or Strawberry Jam are a challenging listen are the people who think CHz was good and Death Grips is the best band of our generation

>I'm better than these people because I didn't think this album was weird
honestly just kill yourself

>I'm making shit up and telling people to kill themself on the internet
wew

No one listens to CHz before MPP or SJ, and even if- it's not easy listening like the two. So I dont get that statement.

With that out of the way how about you show MPP or SJ to your friends or family right away and tell them how much of a pleb they are.

Ofc it's "odd" to people. Wtf do you think the whole band is about?

>making shit up
you literally just said "people who think this album is challenging listen to these bands I don't like and have shit taste" and you're criticizing me for making shit up
ok kid

Never said I don't like any of that stuff. Obviously I was right though cause you're triggered as fuck

First of all this whole thread is bait and you're retarded for falling for it. Also, you're fucking autists. You know damn well it's not an accessible album by typical pop music standards, but you're trying to show off how patrician you are to a bunch of anonymous people on a fucking internet board. Pure fucking autism.

>Obviously I was right
what
right about what

It hit #72 on Billboard. Fucking Billboard. Currently around #70 is Michael Buble, Kanye, The Weeknd, Bieber, and twenty one pilots.

lol see if anything we could reply you're only saying it's not an approachable listen just so you feel like you're really pushing the boundaries by listening to AnCo or something, settle down hotshot

see
Just taking the piss user, learn to handle opinions on Sup Forums anytime

>It hit #72 on Billboard
To Be Kind hit #37 and I wouldn't call it accessible
>I was just pretending to be retarded

Billboard ranks are irrelevant IMO. Anything can be in the 50-200 range it feels like, especially after the band gets recognize after time.

For example Interpol's debut, their best, was 150 and the ones after have been nearing 4.

It's really more about a band's presence rather than how accessible the album sounded.

>oh shit I don't even know what happened
>better respond with a meme
flawless logic

what the fuck are you even on about
you said "obviously I was right" even though there was nothing you were right about and then just said "lol I'm jk bro learn how to take a joke"

For someone who can't read the reply chain you're not in a good position to be calling anyone retarded. Here's the post that butt ravaged you we're talking about: .

I still don't understand what you're ''''''right''''' about
do you think I like CHz and Death Grips?
I also never said MPP or SJ were challenging, I just said they were unconventional

>he doesn't even know about STGSTV, Danse, Hollindagain, or HCTI

oh boy you're in for a treat if you thought SJ was hard to listen to.

the fact you're so posterior pillaged is even more autistic

AnCo - everyone's upset general

this isn't even that good
it just sounds like every other shoegaze thing

>typical pop music standards
I'm sorry I thought this was a music forum where people would have a bit more vast of a knowledge beyond the current pop charts