X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse thread or "why you should never trust reviews by experts".

Saw it yesterday. The short an sweet of it: the movie is absolutely great and enjoyable.

Now, some details without spoilers.

The pacing is fine, you will not sense the passing of time, I'd say it's better than Cap 3 in that regard. The Egypt intro and the final battle are exciting, unique and entertaining.

The acting is on the same level as before. Munn has 2 lines and 10 mins of screen time tops, so she doesn't have the opportunity to annoy. You can dismiss and forget her character. The twink looking Nightcrawler was actually pretty good, this was a huge surprise for me. Sansa did well.

Most reviews complain about the lack of character development... the scenes Magneto alone has to go through are terrific and develop/flesh him out as never before. He is an absolute star, both the character and the actor.

Oscar Isaac is brilliant as Apocalypse. The character himself is done with respect and attention to detail. He was the best part of the movie followed close by Magneto. He is menacing, captivating and steals most scenes. Can;t really stress enough how good he is.

The final battle: amazing, satisfying, everything you could want. Much better than anything we have gotten so far. Powers galore, world wide destruction, Magneto being awesome, Apocalypse kicking ass, you name it.

>but isn't there bad stuff

Sure there is, but it is not nearly enough to eclipse the good. Jlaw sucks, she is playing Katniss and not Mystique. She is given waaaay too much screen time instead of someone else, say Storm. Heavy use of CGI instead of wire work staple scenes (Magneto flying). Pointless characters like Psylocke and Angel.

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_(comics)
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463846637240.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463846719897.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never doubted Singer. Fuck the experts and reviewers I knew this would be good.

The film is shig literally the only good thing is wolverines savagery weapon x scene buf even that was 10 years too late

Boring film overall and already retconned cyclops first reveal of powers

Hack singer, why let him fuck up this franchise again and again

I saw it a week ago and I'm still not over how shitty this movie was. Half-assed effort by Singer & Co. Most of the dramatic beats are just rehashed from his better X-movies. And christ, that goofy Wolverine cameo. Way to ruin the Weapon X story.

Saw it yesterday too, couldn't help but feel a bit of disappointment
The movie jumps around far to much, hence lack of character development, the only exception is magneto, there of course are some really awesome scenes like the ones with Quicksilver and apocalypse recruiting with Metallica's The Four Horsemen blasting in the backround (I see what you did there)
Most of the jokes are just cringeworthy and overall just feel like it lacks that extra zing that made most of the previous X-Men movies good and gave them character and don't even get me started with that wolverine cameo obviously shoe horned in so they could put it into the trailer to attract suckers like me, thinking there would be more of him, instead what they did was essentially retcon pretty much his entire story arch
To sum up, yes I enjoyed it but it was far from one of the best marvel movies

>the only good thing is wolverines savagery weapon x scene
>And christ, that goofy Wolverine cameo. Way to ruin the Weapon X story.

>Sup Forums

How do they explain that Fass is QSs dad?

Or is it not mentioned

>Most of the dramatic beats are just rehashed from his better X-movies.

Which is fine since some events and actions are repeating themselves after the time travel.

>it was far from one of the best marvel movies

I don't count it as a marvel movie desu. Not in MCU = not marvel.

SPOILERS

Quicksilver mentions he figured it out at some point after he met Magneto, but never saw him again. Seeing Magneto on the news made him go to the Mention and look for him, just in time to save everyone. At the end chooses not to tell Magneto "for now".

Quicksilver's story in this movie is him wanting to tell confront Magneto about it, but then he chickens out at the last minute.

Eh, it's not the canonicity that bothers me, it's that they're all worse than they originally were. Logan slaughtering camo guys? Jean going Pheonix to save her friends? Quicksilver slow-mo sequence? All worse than their original uses.

I see your point.

Which reminds me of something I was thinking during the movie... how would the old cast have dealt with Apocalypse?

You think old and wise Erik would have just told him to f off?

You are a Troll. I'm grabbing the ban hammer while playing your theme song. youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g

Your post is paid by fox for begging to get it #1 at the box office.

SO FUCK YOURSELF PAID-TROLOLOLOL

And before I go here's my apology for yesterday's incident

Well I literally came out of the cinema screening of this 15 minutes ago.

For me, it was garbage. It went beyond being simply bad to me because of the fact that my favourite characters were wasted/useless/not-characterised. Fucking making it seem as if Jubilee is a character in the movie when she doesn't even get a speaking line, meanwhile WOLVERINE MASSIVE SCREEN-TIME A-FUCKING-GEN

But outside of that bias, it was a bad movie. The camerawork in the early moments of the movie almost physically hurt; that shot in cerebro was so disgusting. And that Quicksilver/house explosion is certainly one of the worst scenes I've seen in cinema in the last 10 years, both from a plot/character perspective and from a cinematic one.

Would write up a proper review but I digress

I think Old Wise Erik would've just ripped him apart. And given a great speech while doing so. It would have been amazing.

>it was garbage because my characters arent in it
>muh cry

who fuck cares jubilee you dumbass.

you are literally retard. movie was fine better then BvS , personally liked more then civil war

you are literal man child

You like capeshit, you are already a manchild.

I like quality movies , xmen is one of them . Back to your crying monga threads dumbass.

It was messy
BvS and Xmen had the same retarded OMG SUPER STRONG POWERS LAZZURSSS JUST LIKE MUH DBZ XDDD final battle

Comics are silly and all but in a movie it looks fucking awful
I'm all for campy and ridiculous scenes but those displays of super powers are cringe worthy

Not even close. BvS one is physically hurts people. So terrible effects, dumbass dumstep battle.

In Xmen its like 1.5 min in end they defeat it. Not even same shit effects.
Its not even Apocalypse that power lazzurs. Its heroes does that

The highlight of Days of Future Past was the Quicksilver scene.

How's the scene in this one? Better or worse than that?

It's longer and more complicated, but lacks the "wow" of seeing it for the first time.

Nah, it's retarded. Their Apoc is absolute trash.

>Their Apoc is absolute trash.

He was brilliant imho, care to elaborate why you disliked him?

>The final battle: amazing, satisfying, everything you could want.
Apocalypse getting wiped out by fucking Jean and her Phoenix force completely ruins this.

>spoiler

Why? It makes perfect sense, the Phoenix force is pretty much the most OP you can get in x-men even Apocalypse can't stand against it.

The only legitimate complain would be that Jean is too young to use it.

Also, Apocalypse whipped everyone else AT THE SAME TIME, so I don't see why you are complaining.

Weak, small, retarded looking purple power rangers villain who acts out of character. He was brilliant if you never read the comics of him. Anyway everyone looked a bit weird in it and Lawrence is a lazy bitch.

Is a joke right? Apocalypse is worst villain than Ultron

>Weak, small, retarded looking

He kicked everyone's ass, how is he weak or small? Unless you were expecting shapeshifting, now that would have been retarded.

>purple power rangers villain

Why would the colour disturb you |(wasn't purple btw)? He was menacing af.

>who acts out of character.

He had pretty solid motivation consistent with the comics.

>Anyway everyone looked a bit weird in it

Personal preference.

>and Lawrence is a lazy bitch.

This is absolutely true.

Compare them, not even close.

Can't let you do that, starFOX.

What kids programme is this?

Because it's so fucking predicable. How about an actually creative way of defeating him that involves a great deal of sacrifice instead of "JEAN, LET GO!"? Also exactly because the Phoenix is the most stupidly broken thing in the X-men, attached to one of the most boring characters no less. The Phoenix needs to fuck off.

>Make Psylocke bad so shitty Jlaw Mystique can remain a good guy

Nearly walked out right there and then.

Well this is an entirely different argument and I kinda agree with it.

I dislike using the Phoenix force as well.

I would have preferred if Havoc died in that fight, for example.

>Oscar Isaac is brilliant as Apocalypse.
How is the voice? I was a bit worried because they have changed the voice like 4 times, and every trailer had different voices.

Havoks not dead they'll run with the Mutant X storyline to bring him back

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_(comics)

Didn't bother me. You can't really tell its his voice which is unfortunate, but otherwise sounded ok.

I think it was the same as the "...and from ashes... we will build a better one"

Yeah, it was an example. I would have liked a couple deaths from the good guys, at least.

It's just hard to ever take Apocalypse seriously as a threat when you have a borderline mary sue like Jean walking around with her "I win" button. They should have just left it out entirely, though that's impossible since in the movies it is apparently just straight-up a part of her.

so I should trust you and not "experts" yeah?

you, someone on the shittiest cesspool of a website? get real

I love X Men and I will see it, but you are hilariously wrong if you think your opinion is valid.

>"...and from ashes... we will build a better one"
user, there like 5 different voices of this same phrase

- Comic-con one, sounds natural
- First Trailer, A bit forced
- Superb Owl one, Raspy and forced
- 2nd trailer - Metallic an mechanical
- 3rd trailer - Raspy and a bit mechanical

That's why I said that I was a bit woried

Was Magneto's new daughter meant to be Polaris or something?

i didn't get how his wife died

It's there, we have to deal with it.

lulz, Sup Forums is still the best board and I trust the opinion of some people here waaay more than some paid shill on an official review page.

Right, the last trailer.

Apparently she controls animals altho some people think it was just telepathy.

the arrow killed them both

>Jlaw's face.

God I hope they don't renew her contract.

She was blue in two or three scenes, worst makeup to date and she bitched endlessly... even had her own special make up artist... just recast her or something.

i went yesterday , avoiding reviewers and threads
and i have to say is i really liked it.

just kinda sad jubilee has a cameo on it

I understand he look cheesy in the trailers, but god damn, he is awesome in the movie.

My man, never give in to the shills and never be afraid to admit the truth even, if it goes against the hivemind opinion.

My only hope is that people like you show up in enough numbers before the negative shills bury the movie.

I don't know, I think it was even better. It was funnier and it they stepped up the effects even more to make it keep the "wow". I can't see them really outdoing this one though, so I guess it's lucky that Singer isn't doing any more with him.

Only bad thing in the movie was jlaw

Didn't Mystique pretend to be Striker at the end of DOFP when they got wolverine out of the water? Why would she let him be taken away?

>: the movie is absolutely great and enjoyable.

Ah Sup Forums, forever the contrarian. Go watch Cocktail.

>paid shill

oh so you're a DCuck.

That was not picked up. Supposedly she moved on at some point.

So enjoying X-Men makes me a DCuck?

logic/10

HAHAHA
>xmen
>quality

>x-men
>dcuck

user I...

Did you find the movie very cheesy at points? Like magneto shouting at god in the forest? Making the X with the metals beams or Xarvier telling alex to "wreak havoc" in cerebro?

I don't care that you enjoyed the movie. I will enjoy it too, most likely. I love X Men.

what makes you a DCuck is that you think Disney is paying off for negative reviews.

X-Men are marvel you imbecile

>Did you find the movie very cheesy at points?

Sure, that's inevitable in all comic book movies.

>Like magneto shouting at god in the forest?

Nah that was awesome thanks to Fassbender's acting.

>Making the X with the metals beams or Xarvier telling alex to "wreak havoc" in cerebro?

Yup, quite cheesy, but I think it was just fanservice.

thank you my tripnigga, that was the reason of my post, i liked it, some people may not like it, and its fine.

Just attacking eachother for what you like and you dont like is dumb.

Quick silver scene

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463846637240.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463846719897.webm

meh. DOFP scene is better.

dcuck

still way better FastMan than Sensitive Joss Wheadon made.

has there ever been a more blatant samefag attempt?

>X-Men Apocalypse
>Absolutely great and enjoyable
user pls, it was the definition of mediocre

>Wolverine is only in it for 5 minutes and still has arguably the best action sequence of the entire movie
>Cyclops gets the brunt of the movie's focus only to be completely ignored in the movie's climactic battle
>A few off-hand comments about how Jean can't control her powers as well as that short as fuck bed scene wasn't enough build up for her "Phoenix" moment making the whole thing feel thoroughly undeserved
>Apocalypse is built up as an all powerful being, fast forward to 2 hours later where Quicksilver AND Xavier are punching the shit out of him
>Psylocke is completely wasted as is Storm
>That cheesy as fuck Metallica - The Four Horseman sequence as The Four Horseman are being formed
>That cheesy as fuck "meta" reference to X-Men 3 with how "the third movie is always the worst"
>Mystique being in charge of the X-Men come closing credits
>DOFP undoing the franchise timeline clusterfuck only for this movie to double down on just what a pile of shit it really is
>One of the best sequences was Quicksilver even though that in itself was a poor rehash of the DOFP sequence

I just don't understand how anybody could think this is anything better than subpar, it's pretty shite even as far as capeshit goes

Boy, I do hope so

>he thinks Sup Forums captures all (Yous) correctly
>he thinks he's the only one who knows about proxies

So is Quicksilver a living deus ex machina and then disappears in this movie aswell?

Or is he actually in the final battle? If so, what does he do and how can Apocalypse defeat him?

In coherent english please?

He punches the shit out of Apocalypse (no joke) until Apocalypse opens up the ground beneath him which catches Quicksilvers foot, Apocalypse then proceeds to break Quicksilvers leg or something but just before he can properly kill Quicksilver, Mystique busts in disguised as Psylocke to save him

He's in the final battle but doesnt do much

Here we go

>Wolverine is only in it for 5 minutes and still has arguably the best action sequence of the entire movie

No one wanted him in the firs place and the action was mediocre.

>Cyclops gets the brunt of the movie's focus only to be completely ignored in the movie's climactic battle

That troll attempt could work, if I had not seen the movie, Cyclops is vital in the final battle.

>Apocalypse is built up as an all powerful being, fast forward to 2 hours later where Quicksilver AND Xavier are punching the shit out of him

He soundly beat both of them. They were like children next to him.

>That cheesy as fuck Metallica - The Four Horseman sequence as The Four Horseman are being formed

Comics book movies are cheesy, more news at 11.

>That cheesy as fuck "meta" reference to X-Men 3 with how "the third movie is always the worst"

That was awesome.

>Mystique being in charge of the X-Men come closing credits

New continuity, deal with it.

>DOFP undoing the franchise timeline clusterfuck only for this movie to double down on just what a pile of shit it really is

Makes no sense - the comment.

>One of the best sequences was Quicksilver even though that in itself was a poor rehash of the DOFP sequence

Not sure what your problem is here.

I give you the Jean, Storm and Psylocke comments, but they are in no way outweighing the vastly positive other parts.

LOL

HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS AWFUL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT'S APOCALYPSE? GETTING HIS SHIT PUSHED IN?

THAT'S THE MIGHTY APOCALYPSE?

WHAT THE FUCK

AND THE SCENE ITSELF... HIGH SCHOOL TIER

>Apocalypse captures Quicksilver

okay fine. near impossible but whatever.

>Quicksilvers punches are now suddenly slow enough for Apocalypse to stop

no.

>No one wanted him in the first place
And yet they're too chicken shit to do an X-Men movie without him so what's your point
>Cyclops is vital in the final battle
M9, he gets slammed against a wall and that's it, vital my fucking ass
>He soundly beat both of them
Still, when a fucking paraplegic can get more than a fair share of punches in to a supposed God it's a bit hard to take said "God" seriously
>Comic book movies are cheesy
Haven't seen anything like that since the Spiderman 3 days m8
>That was awesome
Shit taste confirmed
>New continuity
Nope, it's simply because Jennifer Lawrence, nobody would give a fuck about Mystique otherwise
>Makes no sense
What I'm saying is DOFP undid all the timeline inconsistencies within the X-Men franchise essentially wiping the slate clean, but then this movie has so many bizarre clashes with X-Men 1, 2, 3 and even First Class and DOFP in terms of how old characters are, where they should be at and shit
>Not sure what your problem is here
I just think they could have done better than to have one of their best moments be a retread of a moment we've already had

>same people that like this are the same that like that goofy mess that was DoFP

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and trust the reviews on this one

I hate Storm. Why does she have to be in every bastard x-men film. Boring as fuck character, boring as fuck powers

>M9, he gets slammed against a wall and that's it, vital my fucking ass

Confirmed troll, moving on. '

I didn't like DoFP

She is a tough character to do properly. Didn't quite work out this time.

>I didn't like DoFP

but I bet you liked BvS along with this movie and hated Civil War, correct?

contrarian.

1. First Class
2. Apocalypse
3. Days of Old Eric and Old Charles

I liked both BvS and Civil War.

Now what?

Except he does get slammed a wall, Apocalypse throws him against a wall, he gets ingrained into the wall, then Beast breaks him out, and he still doesn't do shit other than get flung backwards by his own power, and by the time he does finally get control of his shit Apocalypse is all but dead regardless, dunno what's so "troll"ish about literally saying what happened in the piece of shit movie

>Didn't like dofp

Eh maybe ill check it out on Blu-ray or the 5 dollar movie night at my theater then

ayyyy lmao

ffs... magneto+cyclops is what brought his shield down + storm at the end, were you watching the same movie?

that's just lol

This is just the worst.

Except Jean Grey's deus ex machina "Phoenix" moment is what brought his shield down and everyone dogpiled him after that, were YOU even watching the same movie?

samefag, fag

Why was apocalypse being thrown around like he dint weigh 300lb? Why didnt he just make himself big? How did QC get caught by the ground? isnt he super fast? How did apocalypse detect him? How did apocalypse catch QC's fist if QC is super fucking amazing fast?
This scene literally looks like shit

>the scenes Magneto alone has to go through are terrific and develop/flesh him out as never before

false
its muh family all over again with less impact.

some of the visuals were shit
the quicsilver scene in the mansion was a couple minutes too long
the fanservice just to show wolverine was out of place

7/10

fucking marvel drone needs spoon feeding

>Why was apocalypse being thrown around like he dint weigh 300lb?

Speed force punches.

>Why didnt he just make himself big?

No shape shifting in this movie.

>How did QC get caught by the ground? isnt he super fast?

Apoc made the ground move super fast? Are you dense?

>How did apocalypse detect him?

He manipulated his own eye to see him, watch carefully.

>How did apocalypse catch QC's fist if QC is super fucking amazing fast?

Adaptability or the twink forgot to punch fast while caught

>why
>why
>why

Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

Anyone got webms?

When have I not had webms?

Mind-blowing quality.

4/5