Ask a Chef anything about cooking or food

Ask a Chef anything about cooking or food.

How do I ensure that my red lentils are cooked perfectly everytime?

do u like people's meat in your mouth

I want to grill a steak, but I don't want to burn it. Any tips on having an evenly cooked medium rare filet mignon?

where do I put the spaghetti

Do yo cook

When making fried chicken in a skillet what do you do to get an even cook on the meat given the different thicknesses in each peice

I'm thinking about going to culinary arts school but it's 20k. I work in a restaurant now and want to open my own in the future. Is school worth it?

Do you work at Wendy's making 7.25/hr?

Dont eat the filet

How can i make my burgers tastier?

Do you like this movie?

till they soften to the touch.....next?

how long should I sear my steak to get a perfect medium rare?
I never get the same result twice

bring it to room temp before...most cook out of the fridge so by the time the centre is med rare
the outside is burned good luck

sometimes yes

I want to grill more fish, on my charcoal grill. Other than tuna, which I have done, and salmon, which I do not like, what fish should I be looking for? Any good fish for grilling whole? General fish grilling tips?

I live in a place where I have access to sashimi grade fish so I either eat fish raw or fry it if it isn't sashimi grade; I've never tried to cook like they do in restaurants. I have a good stove and cast iron pans - how do I cook it right?

common sense
cook a small thigh till its almost done set aside
cook a large breast till its almost done set aside
cook wings till almost done...set aside
then once cooled, second fry till crispy

How do you milk an almond?

suck my dick faggot!!!!!!!!!!!

how do I cook chicken wings in a barbecue

here, watching
as well

take that money and go to France and Italy and work in the kitchens of the best chefs in the country
money well spent
they will teach you things no school could

Whenever I roast/bake meat that a recipe says cover tightly with foil, it always comes out undercooked/raw. Even if I let the meat come up to room temp and cook it for the time specified, it always requires more time. What is happening?

never watched it

Is the CIA a good school? My friend went there, would like an outside perspective on how good they are at preparing a guy to be a good cook

What is "roo" and how do you make it?

How much cooking are peni need for feeding babies?

>implying best chefs in the country would hire people with no culinary experience

Why do you suck so many dicks a night?

I want to shear a steak, but i dont grasp shearing. Also can i flambee a steak with vodka and get a nice sear?

well it depends on the thickness and how you cook it....gas, barbeque, grill, oven...learn how to touch it...google that

What's your favorite cereal? And don't say plain Cheerios or some crap like that. I mean something so sugary that it's basically dessert you can eat when you wake up.

It's slang for 'kangaroo.' They make themselves.

like this

You really think they would take a guy from California that's only cooked Mexican food. Seems like it would be hard to find a job. Plus I don't have the money on hand, was going to get a student loan.

You mean a roux? Melt butter, add flour stir constantly until brown.
Learn2google

>claims to be chef
>doesn't know what roux is

OP is a giant cock sucking faggot

Go on "chopped" OP and mention Sup Forums so we know who to root for.

Roux is equal parts fat and flour. The longer you cook it the more flavor it develops, but it also loses thickening power.

You don't get paid when you do a stage overseas. It's like interning.

ever spit in anybodys food?

>Thinking I was OP...

How to tell how well your steak is cooked? I like med rare

Why is my fork make lightning?

like anything else...brush olive oil on the grill...not virgin olive oil
flip often...every 45 sec or so
or slow cook them in the barby...falls off the bone

Absolutely not.

So how much does Hardee's pay these days?

Please answer fish questions, op, I like fish.

I can grill a block of tuna for 30 seconds per side and make that boring dish. What I'm asking is how to make those halibut and salmon dishes where the meat is fully cooked but still juicy and flaking.

tell me a good marinade or spice rub yo

I gots to eat to keep my blubber in top shape for defending my virginity

These chicken breasts are raw wtf are you doing op?

you mean you like penis you sperm sucking faggot. I hope you get herpes and die from complications

shitty oven buy a cheap oven thermometer
put range on 350f once up to temp check thermometer
probably running at 325f actually

What's your favorite country's cuisine and why?

Can clarified butter serve as a sex lube in a pinch?

Favorite dish?

Because you put it in microwave oven.

What will you do when eating meat will become illegal?

I'm not American so I have no idea

No, I'm pretty sure it's fish.

Op answer this plz

Is it bad to eat two eggs on a day to day basis?

roo is a Kangaroo and i suspect a lot
if you mean rue....look it up faggot
flour and butter

answer my question fuckwit

what are you fucking gay?

how do I learn to like fish user

I want to die from mercury poisoning but I hate the taste of those slimy fuckers

he is already working in a restaurant faggot pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!

KYS

>ask me anything
>look it up faggot

Not op but i use this marinade on cheap cuts of steak just let it sit for at least an hour or overnight tender.

Not OP but also a chef, you have to learn how to feel your steaks. A rarer steak is softer to the touch, a more well-done steak is firmer.

FUCKING SHIT FUCK

Not roo, not rue, it's fucking ROUX

ITT: OP didn't realize people were going to ask good questions that he would have to be an actual chef to answer.

That's actually pretty healthy. Unless the eggs are all you eat in a day. Then you're going to get malnourished.

Is it better to cook things on high heats? Every time I see footage from inside a high end restaurant kitchen the heat seems super high but at home I just use low heats mostly.

cool thanks friendo

worst shit you could put in your body except bran

Why does a steak taste best well done and with ketchup?

How often do you think about killing yourself user? I do not look back to being a chef. Quitting the hellhole job was the best I could do. Used to serve 500 peeps per night in a Michelin guide restaurant. Hell I tell you

Do you spit in someone's food from time to time?

i've been watching a lot of gordon ramsey lately, and he keeps using coriander but its a leafy green vegetable not a crushed seed like i'm used to. when a britbong says coriander what murican ingredient is he using?

because you have shit taste

How much do you weigh?

what sort of controlled substances do you use in order to cope with how shitty your life presumably is?

Not OP, but also a chef. Depends on what you're cooking. For steaks, pork, lamb, etc. you'd typically cook on high heat. For more delicate things like chicken, eggs, fish you'd typically cook on medium heat. The most important thing is to bring your meats up to room temp prior to putting them in the pan.
I'd say I probably cook 60% of my food at medium high.

that wasn't me you steaming pile of shit
we need id's back here because of faggots like that wanker

best recipe for cafe de pari?

Outside the US, cilantro is called coriander.

Yup...Chef is just a name. It's like a barista, it's a fancy name but they're just waiters in the end. Doesn't mean they know shit about coffee.

Same thing with chef. It's a glorified summer job.

you get room and board and food

only yours

Yeah, but Toucan Sam and I go way back. I want to know what colorful cereal matches Mr. Chef's tastes.

oh thats dumb as fuck. thanks op

The standard method I learned for meat except poultry is to use high temperature (just before the fat is turning and gets dark, you'll learn the timing) to fry it from every side. Then you'll take that and out it on low heat for some time.

Also we had some hand pressure trick to tell us when it's rare or medium or done.

it's a touch thing as i said before goggle it

What's the best way to boil a woodchuck?

Ah ok thanks. So if I wanted to make a lamb curry I would fry the lamb off first at a high heat until it's fully cooked and then add sauce/other ingredients and simmer?