>tfw tinnitus

What can I do, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGKg4i65ivg
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

always listen to music
It gets rid of the ping

almost nothing, if you've been officially diagnosed you physician would tell you that

all you can do know is prevent further damage, that's how hearing loss goes for everyone

this is the sad truth of your situation OP, this user summed it up pretty well

t. Person with tinnitus

>What can I do, Sup Forums?

enjoy this work of art

youtube.com/watch?v=JGKg4i65ivg

Are you sure?
I haven't been diagnosed, I just started to get the pings since yesterday.

like I said prevention is all you can do man

I don't know how bad my tinnitus is but I've had it for the last 6 months, it's pretty depressing to start with but either I've gotten used to it or it has lessened, the only times it really affects me is when I have just woken up and I hear it and I can't enjoy a few minutes extra sleep, it's a minor nitpick though
Definitely pick up some ear plugs though to stop it getting worse though

>tfw i listen to 6+ hours of music a day and it's my only fucking comfort in this shit life
My worst fucking nightmare senpai. I fucking feel for you bro. Find whatever happiness you can scrounge and if it isn't enough then just fucking end it painlessly.

IF you know the frequency of your tinnitus (I think doctors test you to find this) can't you listen to music with an EQ cutting that frequency out and it will lessen the impact of it?

Or since it wouldn't work perfectly with music, can you listen to noise with that frequency cut out and make it almost unnoticeable?

Also does it get worse if you clench your jaw? It can be related to TMJ issues and improve if you do methods to relax the muscles in your face.

as someone who has lived with it for years OP
white noise is your best friend.
keep fans on around the house, and live in areas that always have traffic noise.

the worst place in the world to be is in a field after a snowfall.

listen to white noise at night when you sleep

take some decongestant for quite a while to unclog your eustachian tubes

a totally clear eustachian tube will reduce tinnitus

get some proper professional earplugs, molded to your ears and use them to go to a show

don't play your music too loud in the headphone

give it time

t. med fag

Yes. Google Audionotch

There is some science saying it can benefit, but not for everyone

So you can get tested for tinnitus?
I can hear a faint ringing sound over music at a low level and occasionally my start hearing ringing very loudly for 1-2 seconds. Am I fucked?

I'll see a doctor tomorrow to check all of his
How did it start for you guys?
It gets stronger, so far im only getting it at random and then it fades
Thanks, user.

>How did it start for you guys?

my guess is building skateboard ramps without ear protection, home made fireworks, and playing Slayer at 11.
first noticed it at 16 when my parents bought and moved to an acreage, I went insane from the whine. It sounds like an old CRT screen that's on the blink. it has been getting progressively worse every few years.

sometimes it is loud enough that it comes over any music or noise.

oh yeah ... headaches, headaches, headaches,

drink or medical MJ just to sleep

Figure this is a good thread to ask in. I'm 21 and only have very mild ringing most of the time if any, but for some reason I get really loud ringing if I jut my jaw out forwards. Why is this? Is it a bad sign?

FUCK YEAH ELEH DUDE

I don't think white noise or fans or whatever is a good idea. Everyone who plays a band instrument has tinnitus. I have it permanently and I don't focus on it and spend times when its louder listening to absolute silence with bose noise reduction headphones and ear plugs, de-stresses your ears fairly quickly.

It could be wax in your ears. Does diminish greatly if you stop listening to music for a time.

it might actually not be because of noise induced ear damage if you're getting it that young. mine started at 18 and my grandfather, who is a dentist, said that it may be due to the way my jaw was shifted during orthodontia. I know he did orthodontia on himself to relieve pressure on the nerves to his ear and iirc it did actually reduce his tinnitus to some degree.

user it really sucks at first but after about 6 months you get used to it and can go back to listening to shit like before. everything is relative, your body just has to adapt to it

>it might actually not be because of noise induced ear damage if you're getting it that young
OP here, im 18.
And I have some teeth problems, so maybe there is still hope, rigth?

I CAN'T STAND IT

I CAN'T STAND THE RINGING

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>yesterday
>6 months
>years
>16 years old
Cry me a river, bitches. I've had tinnitus since I was 3.

how can you prevent further damage?

when I read of audio phase in music production I thought of something in that direction
the phasing probably doesn't work, but the EQ cutting sounds promising

Review some peng chicken