>I will try twice as hard.
>I know I've been complacent.
>I'll turn this place around if you say it's not definite >starting from now

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf100kkIm48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

superior 2 series to the US meme version of 50 series

I miss when Merchant and Gerv were GOAT.

I still slightly prefer Extras because I think season 2 has a lot to say and isn't as abrupt in the character development

why do bongs say redundant instead of fired

Redundant means being sacked through no fault of your own, fired/sacked usually implies you did something wrong and that's why you've been let go

Because there's a level of compensation given to someone being made redundant, a certain amount of pay and sometimes references to find employment elsewhere.

Unlike being fired which is taken to mean being kicked out without anything.

redundancy has better connotations than firing

redundancy usually comes about if they no longer need that person to do that job, firing is when you fuck up big time and the company wants to get rid of you

Interesting how Gervais plays Brent so well, but all his other roles are terrible. Including his character on Extras, he's literally playing himself in that.

We say both. Redundant just sounds more official.

He's bretty good in Derek.

I dropped Derek about 2 episodes into season 2, some of the mawkishness was just too much. When he started playing a coldplay track over the finale, I could almost hear Gervais shouting SEE IT'S EMOTIONAL

I disagree, Derek is literally one of his stand-up characters but played straight. Just comes across as a chariacture to me. But if it works for people then fair enough.

The Office is brilliant, but watching some of the outtakes I think i'd want to jump off a building after about 2 days, Gervais corpses so much

How? He is literally just doing a schoolkid-level impression of someone with Down's Syndrome.

It's a different thing.

Redundant means they're getting rid of the role. Fired means they're getting rid of the person.

Ie. in the show either Brent or Neil will retain their jobs, the other will be made redundant. If the other office wasn't closing and Brent was being just straight up replaced, he'd be getting fired.

I didn't say anything about the show. I just I thought he played the character well. I do agree that it beats you over the head with forced emotion. He certainly has a tendency to go overboard with the "you don't need to be special, everyone already is" like he's done countless times before in The Office and especially Extras. But at times it alsofeels very genuine to me.
I haven't seen a lot of his stand-up, so I don't really know what you're talking about, but I get that sometimes it feels like he's poaying a charicature that's mocking disabled people, but for the most part it feels warm and genuine (his performance that is), even when the emotional depth of the plot feels forced and like it's something out of a writers room for a teen-sitcom in the 80's.

Derek is his autograph hunter character he uses for stand-up

Black face for disabled people. No idea how he gets away with it

at first he didn't really, but he stopped doing it once people gave a shit about cripples, and when he did it for Derek he played it straight and much more genuine, which ended up getting him a lot of praise.

Why do Americans say "fired"?

Is it because the cunts like to shoot everything?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf100kkIm48

ayyy

UK Office has character development and a full story arc with a conclusion.
US Office is open ended and repetitive.

>dat Brent-Finchy "friendship" dynamic

The Office is so well observed, makes you wonder why everything else Gervais/Merchant has done is nowhere near the same level

Because normies don't actually care about black people, they just follow whatever the outrage of the week is.

>a full story arc with a conclusion.

yeah, the last episode of season 2.

the christmas special was actually a massive cop-out and the tone feels more like Extras with Ricky playing a character desperate for fame, parodying his own music career, etc.

Because if you don't leave they'll shoot you

Top Kek

inferior 2 to the US based version and extra cucky since britfat

>this butthurt yank

Wew lad

there are a couple of weak episodes and generally you can tell that the "everyone stares awkwardly" moments were getting played out. I wasn't surprised when Extras wasn't as good (and in fact tried to awkwardly emulate the rom-com success of The Office).

Complete horseshit. All the character arcs tie up in the special.

try again wew lad

Tower Hamlets is there because the people are literally starving and only eating ketchup sandwiches

>poms are entirely fat cunts

No wonder they're all so sour

kek

KEK

K E M

This may be offensive,but I really think English bureaucracy is really neat. All the terms and phrases are interesting and I like the titles too.

Anyone reading this post is imagining the poster is a Mongoloid in a shit filled diaper, right?

Delete this immediately.

IMMEDIATELY.

Delete this as well.

>all these triggered lard ass rosbif

ez (You)s hehehe

You british cucks are so bad with banter. Did the pakis steal your brains as well as your women?

Banter is against their Queen's no bully laws it is outlaw and they send you to Australia if you are bantering too much

Because they have a better mastery of the English language than Americans. A broad vocabulary is nothing to be ashamed of user.

Well they have to find SOME use for their vast empire.... oh wait

It's equivalent to how we use "laid off" in America. You didn't fuck up to lose the job, the job just stopped needing to be done and so you're outta here.

rosbif BTFO

anglo language shit anyway

Probably because there's a difference? Redundancy means they can't justify your position anymore. You usually get a bit of money because they have to let you go. Being fired means they don't want to employ you specifically anymore. You won't get any money because they (should) have cause to get rid of you.

You're talking about a country where you can be put in jail for being mean on twitter.

LOL look at his funny face!

gervais is easily the least talented person ever to achieve that level of success.

Well I know one thing that Brits will always be proud of: Their wonderful progressive record

I wouldn't go that far, are you forgetting Adam Sandler, and Seth Rogan? The Office, Extras, and the work he did with Karl and Steve have been at least half decent.

cause its all he knows

he studied at uni too so he could probably make a satire of 1980s college, but he'd have to play a professor and he wouldn't be the main character (a student would be) and he'd feel left out and sad feels

sandler is underrated. rogen might be richer but I'd argue that gervais is far more famous.

>whats your fantasy?
>2 lesbians. sisters preferebly. probably in a dungeon

my sides

This

He was a good writer. Office and Extras are great in their own right, and his radio stuff is comfy to listen to

his talent was just incredibly specific, and based on the oldest trick in the book: write what you know.

what's funny was how he did stand-up tours for a few years after The Office and just got shat on constantly by the media because of how underwhelming he is at it.

>It's a Jim asks out that slag and she regrets him and it's so pure

been there Jim, fuck mate, rough times, lucky i wasnt as old as you and it wasnt a colleague though

the Office Christmas Special was a flat-out audience pander. everyone's arc gets "resolved" because they get the happy ending option so there is no more story to tell, and no irony or questions.

Brent making a banal comment about Dolly Parton's tits was a far more fitting way to say farewell to his character. giving him a gf and have him tell Finch to fuck off was literally when Gervais/Merchant's creative rot started.

the best is chris rock calling him a nobody during the comedian round table with seinfeld and lck

rock just does not give a shit about him

and hes fucked and talks over everyone like a retard

Neither Brit nor American, reporting in

Kill yourself, a.s.a.f.p.

Seems like the original office would've been a fuckin laugh to work on.

Both of those statements are dead wrong.

Chris Rock depends on Adam Sandler for a career now so.....

The Office is better than anything Chris Rock has ever done

What happened?

>Obesity literally proportional to the number of Greggs per square mile

Steve got tired of being Ricky's bitch and Karl earned enough money to quit.

They moved on with their lives.

They all wanted to do their own thing

What kind of fucked up labor laws are those? If they have no legal reasons why they're firing you, they can't just terminate your contract and get rid of you, they should be compensating you properly. They can't just "stop liking" you anymore and let you go without severance, unless you broke your contract somehow.
This is true even in third world countries.

I think you misread his post.

You get redundancy pay if you're made redundant

>tfw dawn comes back at the end of the last episode

Karl got richer and famous-er

>send you to Australia if you are bantering too much

Yeah i fucking wish mate.

>iiiiiiim coming up so you better get this party starte- shamone

that computer

I'd love to go for a pint with early 00s Gerv