Never done drugs before. Is Xanax good? How much should I take?

Never done drugs before. Is Xanax good? How much should I take?

However much your doctor prescribes, upon diagnosis.

Was it prescribed to you? If not. you shouldn't use it at all. I am a recovering addict. I am on a taper schedule. I went from 10-16 mgs a day to now 2 mgs a day. it took me a month to cut down this much. Withdrawals from it is not fun. One of the worst withdrawals out of every drug in the world

like .5 mg or .25 and ONE beer. or hell take a handful of them and down that entire bottle of red wine you were saving for that special night with your girlfriend. she won't be coming around anymore anyways

If you don't mind me asking.. How did you get to that point? I'll take a xanax and drink a beer or two to mellow out every Saturday or something like that. Is that putting me at a risk?

Well I hated drinking so i took Xanax and smoke weed. I buy it from a dealer. If I buy a lot of them. Say 50 bars, ill just pay 100$ instead of spending 4-5$ on one pill. I started selling and taking them at the same time. I sell 25 bars for 4$ each and I make 100$ so I re-up again with 25 bars left over from before...Long story short, the tolerance level builds up really fast so i had to take like 4-5 bars at the same time just to get the same effect from the first time. Taking it once a week is not that bad. just dont get addicted to it.

Enough to kill yourself

This OP go big or go home

Xanax is one of my favorite drugs but be extremely careful with it. It's really easy to fall into addiction which is the worst thing ever. I've had heroin withdrawal and that was hell, but it wasn't as terrible as benzo withdrawal. Tolerance can build really fast and addiction is easy to fall into. But now that I've gotten clean, Im back in the drug game and Im way more careful. Sub one bar, slap a bag of wine for a bit, not nearly as much as you would to get drunk, and smoke a blunt. You'll feel pretty fantastic. But respect the benzos, and don't fuck around with it too often.

I work at an addiction recovery program, and the patients that have the hardest time are the benzo addicts honestly. When people say they know someone whose medication makes them into zombies, they're probably talking about benzos.

Personally, benzos make me suicidal as soon as they hit. I have generalized anxiety and major depressive disorder and they absolutely did not help. They do for some people. Just have someone nearby to help you out if it doesn't jive.

I wouldn't recommend any prescription pills at all. I should've never even tried it. My brain isn't the same anymore. Yeah, I felt like I was in Heaven the first time but I should've never kept chasing it. And chasing it, is where I fucked up.

It's just a bad road to go down without professional help, especially if you've already got a mis-wired brain. It fucking sucks, and the societal stigma for it is fucking tragic.

This kid's parents came in with him for like 4 months straight, because he could not communicate like at all. It was like he was on another plane. his parents were extra worried because they'd already lost their other kid to benzo addiction (I think it was drug interaction but I'm honestly not sure, didn't pry). He was a total zombie. We thought he would die before he even got the chance to quit the program.
By some miracle, dude is totally benzo free now almost a year later. We got him cookies after his first clear urine screen and talked to him about how proud we were and how strong he was because he looked like he'd been through hell. He started telling us about how he couldn't remember much of the past 5 or so years other than it being hell. He didn't know how he was alive. His parents still come in sometimes, and they'll thank us and they're always super happy to see us now. Glad he's got supportive parents, glad he's made it so far.

Honestly I would rather deal with the opiate addicts. Benzo addicts are a lot more existentially scary. at least when people are on oxy or heroin, some part of them is still functioning decently. Benzos? They aren't even on earth anymore.

So yeah, I wouldn't suggest taking them either, but if OP has drugs right now and is considering taking them? I want to at least tell them to be somewhat safe about it and have a babysitter, since I don't have much faith in dissuading someone online from doing drugs.

Xanax is garbage...always feel like you need more and then its too late and you wake up naked 5 miles away on the side of a highway

Damn i'm glad the Kid is doing a lot better! It sounds like his case is far more worse than mine. I only take one pill a day now which is 2mgs. I break them down into 4's with a razor blade. I'm quitting on my own which is a good thing for me because I know I can do it by myself. But my brain just isnt the same. I tried many many times quitting, I even went 3 nd a half months clean before from benzos but I still never felt the same as I used to. This time, I hope its for good. Lucky for me, I haven't suffered a seizure yet.

Honestly, the best feeling drugs out there. If you want insane focus, feeling productive and can fuck/masterbate for hours, stay up for days. Adderall/Meth/Vyvanse. If you want a more relaxed, floating on a cloud, hugged by God/Sunlight feeling, Heroin/Opiates. If you want to trip, DMT or good acid will do the trick. I prefer Painkillers/Adderall combo.

Yeah, he was basically taking anything even remotely related to mainstream benzos. I think he said he was so far gone he was buying deep-web too? I'd have to look at the intake record. I'm proud of the kid. if he can do it, you can too. Just gotta find the right approach.
Have you gone to NA meetings? They really do help some people, and if you aren't huge into God I know we have some patients that substitute the God language with their own spirituality or just their own strength.
Plus if you can talk to someone (professional, preferably, obv) and try and identify any triggers you have that give you the urge to use, it can help give you a bit more stability.
Ashton taper is what we put most of our patients on iirc. some doctors also go the med replacement route and substitute with gabapentin. If you have problems sleeping, try asking a doctor for clonidine. Non-narcotic that's pretty risk-free and helps with sleep.

Yeah, the seizures can be a bitch, but it sounds like you're tapering down pretty well so that should minimize risk of them.

Isnt that how you always wake up, nigger?

What do people mean by "My brain isn't the same"?
how is it different now?

How can I get Adderall without a prescription

Doctor lag here. Bentos literally shrink your brain, causing significant cognitive decline over periods of time, depending on usage. I had a patient of mine who was a certified genius before I started treating his insomnia, in a 4 year period, his cognitive abilities drastically suffered from the Benzo usage.

I have a fear of riding in cars, roller coasters. I can't be in a Hospital anymore without feeling sick and dizzy. Dizziness and the feeling of faintness won't go away anymore. If I think too deep into things, I get dizzy and sometimes I have to sit down and drink a glass of water. Basically, I gave myself anxiety which I never had before I started taking them. I can't even smoke weed without a fear of having a panic attack anymore. Weed makes me think a lot which is the last thing any recovering benzo addict wants.

Hard to describe if you haven't experienced something similar. Basically, the chemicals that force your brain to produce certain substances create a chemical dependence on the drug, because your brain gets "lazy" for lack of a better word. It stops producing the chemicals that a healthy brain makes. It sends people into spiraling depression, the shits or constipation, shaking constantly. Paranoia depending on the drug. Increased anxiety in the case of benzos, severely decreased pain threshold in the case of most opiates. Vomiting.
Withdrawal is the worst flu you've ever had in your life, combined with crippling depression and possible anxiety. But you know there's an instant cure if you can get your drugs. That craving stays with you for the rest of your life, even if you make it through withdrawal. That's why people relapse so often. That's why addicts are always addicts.

The aftermath, other than those triggers for the craving, can mean a fucking wrecked mind. The depression can become persistent, you lose sleep, your anxiety is uncontrollable. Your only way of controlling those things, your drugs, are gone, so you have to learn to cope.

PT 1

PT 2
On top of that, your brain is literally rewired. You aren't quite the same. Your brain isn't working as well as it used to, it got lazy because it wasn't producing endorphins and shit on its own, and you've lost brain cells. You're functioning at a percentage of what you were before. God help you if you started abusing drugs before your brain was fully developed as an adult.

It's like if your brain got hit by a truck. People can get rods in their backs and plates in their skulls, but those pieces aren't ever the same again. You're trying to function on less than you had before.

People with mental illnesses can understand addiction a bit better than most people can, but on the end addiction is a purely unique experience and it's hell.

Sorry if this was badly written. Trying to simplify it to be easy to understand.

Thanks for the advice. I do have trouble sleeping even though I take .25 mg before I go to bed. It helps a tiny bit but not as much. Ima give this about a week and then i'll cut down some more by taking .50 mg a day. I knew this one guy who was a friend of a friend take 30 bars right in front me! he would get a handful of pills and dont even count them and just swallow them all. next 5 mins, he was gone. Head down, mumbling words, can't even get up from the couch. his friends had to pick him up and carry him to the car like a baby lol I felt very sorry for the guy. He's probably dead by now because that was like a year ago...

Thank you for the info.

So, how bad can a person get with out intervention? excluding the OD possibility.

Don't do xanax.

I've done more drugs than I care to list. None of them have ever made me jump out of a window.

Yes, there were other circumstances, but xanax is a special little trap. I can't stop you man, but do your research. This is NOT a substance to fuck around with.

Literally go do shrooms, LSD, Molly, anything else. Stay away from pharma.

ever heard of a drug dealer m8?

You spend all your savings that grandma saved up for you on Xanax. You lose your job because you can't handle the physical work anymore. You can't eat or sleep without the pills. You can't even leave your room without a pill. You can't remember things anymore. A month feels like a week and a day feels like an hour or 2. I can go on forever...

God, that fucking sucks. I've been told that getting absolutely suicidal on benzos is a gift by some of our patients. Seeing the ones who are really far gone makes me apt to agree.

The only positive is that, with Valium at least, the OD threshold for single drug usage is incredibly high. Unless he was taking unheard of amounts, or combining it with alcohol and/or other respiratory depressants, he may still be alive.
It's amazing and scary how much the body can handle. The fact that we as humans can build up so much of a tolerance to a substance that we could take what would kill a first time user, is amazing. But it builds that dependence too.

Hopefully I helped a little. I know you said you're doing it by yourself, but having a fallback and a good support system does wonders for people. It's never bad to have help, but I completely understand wanting to do it by yourself. I tried dealing with my depression, anxiety, and ADD for about a decade and a half before I realized I needed to stop beating myself up and needed help.

Oh yeah, OTC you could try some melatonin supplements or even benadryl when you're having a lot of trouble sleeping. Anxiety, you could try meditation (sounds dumb but legit works for some people), some teas, or just throwing yourself into hobbies reading and gaming help me cope with my anxiety a bit.

Hey , everytime i take some benzo, the next day when I wake up : I feel so fucking tired and my brain is so fucking slow for half the day.

Any other user experiencing this problem ?

Like the dude I was talking about, before he entered the program. he was legit like a zombie when I met him. We communicated mostly through his parents, he was unresponsive much of the time, buying drugs through deep-web and holed up in his room with panic attacks and unable to sleep when he couldn't get drugs. unable to remember chunks of time, unwillingness to live. Disassociating from reality.

Like you aren't even here.

That's just what I've heard from a few patients. I deal with anxiety on a daily basis, disassociation due to anxiety/depression sometimes, and I couldn't begin to imagine going through what addicts go through.

He was taking all of them with an Arizona green tea. He wasnt drinking beer because we told him not too. He probably would've taken them with alcohol if we weren't there. Yeah it's surprising what the human body can take. I was using xanax recreationally at the time (Maybe once a month or two) so i didn't fully understand what he's going through. I just thought he felt super good, he didnt want to do anything except FEEL. so i didnt even bother trying to give the guy some advice. Now I was in the same boat as him, except not as extreme. The most I took at once was 8 bars and I felt great but the next day, I felt shitty asf lol that's why i didn't take such drastic amounts like that anymore.

Yeah, people don't realize until they're at that point. Then it's a race between wanting to get off the shit, trying to get the shit, and trying to find the will to stay alive. It's hard to describe to people who've been privileged enough to not suffer from it or be around those suffering from it.

I'm glad you're tapering well dude. I wish you the best.

Yeah, at first I never I felt like that. I felt like I finally got some sleep and had a smile on my face the next morning. Now that I got myself deep into it, I have to take a bar the next morning to get rid of that shitty feeling. If you feel like that and you don't abuse them, then I wouldn't recommend taking them at all because you'll start thinking "Maybe i'll take a bar to get rid of this feeling" and that's when you start taking a lot more than you're supposed too.

Yeah it's fuckin awesome. Take 0.5mg if it's your first time. No more. And only take it once a week. I took it everyday for a week at about 1mg a day, rebound anxiety was one of the worst things I've ever fucking experienced.

Thanks! Hopefully this time will be my last! OP you see how your thread went from "Is Xanax good?" to withdrawal tips? Yeah, it's no bueno lol