Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was...

Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?

Oh wait, that didn't happen. Most people actually gave those movies a chance even though they were obviously shit compared to the originals. Even people who weren't going to watch them didn't bother with trying to downvote their trailers into oblivion. They just ignored them.

Yeah, don't tell me all the hate for the new Ghostbusters isn't based on sexism. The fact is you just can't stand the thought of women "appropriating" your stuff even though the original movies aren't going anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc
youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM
youtube.com/watch?v=r8HPIH5JCak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is literally nothing wrong with sexism

>Oh wait, that didn't happen.
yes it did

>Yeah, don't tell me all the hate for the new Ghostbusters isn't based on sexism.
It is. Don't listen to Sup Forumstards.

remember when people were called horrible things for shitting on those movies? me either.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What are you trolling about?

People raged online about the new Robocop all the time, up until release basically. Then they either stopped caring or saw the movie and realized it wasn't a piece of shit.

Everyone is talking about the "hate" for the new Ghostbusters as if it's a new thing. It's always been the same for any reboot that seems awful. THIS ISN'T NEWS.

Nobody talked about them because they were garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q

No it didn't.

Oh I get it, you just found Sup Forums a couple weeks ago
You don't remember the shitstorms here

The Robocop one certainly made a shitstorm

>"They're rebooting Robocop with a PG13 rating, it's gonna be shit."
>"Yeah you're probably right."

>"They're rebooting Ghostbusters with a female cast, it's gonna be shit."
>"Why are you saying that? Are you some kind of sexist? Give it a chance geez."
>"Fuck you it's gonna be shit."
>"No it won't you misogynist, I'll see it twice if you wont."
>Argument repeats ad infinitum

its working

>Even people who weren't going to watch them didn't bother with trying to downvote their trailers into oblivion.

Downvoting a trailer only became a thing after media talked about the Ghostbusters trailer. No one cared to downvote before, especially not when you were required to have a G+ account to vote (which may have been the case when Total Recall and Robocop trailers were released, I dunno).

If media hadn't written all over the internet that "People are downvoting the Ghostbusters trailer" it wouldn't have been a thing.

There was no shitstorm, newfriend. Everyone was like "meh, another shitty remake, who cares".

>12,004 likes
>1,142 dislikes
Now compare it to the Ghostbusters trailer.

probably because there wasn't the same build up that the ghostbusters movie had where everyone had something specific that they were hoping for for a long time. and there were no leaks showing the studio freezing out the original creators/threatening to sue them like there were with ghostbusters.

if they had cast a fat chick as robocop and a female gorilla as ED-209 then I expect dislikes would have followed.

See

It has to do with the trailers. The trailers for Total Recall and Robocop weren't great, but they were not as bad as the new Ghostbusters trailer was.

"DA POWA OF BETTY COMPELS YOU!!"
"GET OUTTA MA FRIEND GHOST!!!"

It's a shit trailer, and got the reaction it deserved.

why are you completely disregarding the fact that I stated in this post:
that no one cared to downvote trailers before. voting on videos in general wasn't as common a few years ago when G+ accounts were required.

Furthermore, votes on YouTube is not indicative of the hate for a reboot. If you would have spent time on Sup Forums or even on r/movies when those trailers were published you would know that.

I'm calling troll here and I'm not playing along anymore.

This. Women are inferior in every way. It's logical to only want them around for sex. It's the only thing they can do that a man can't do better (and that's only because I'm not gay).

youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

This is one of the worst trailers of all time. It shits on the original movie, reveals the stupid plot twist and looks like complete garbage, and yet, it's not even disliked.

Is there something wrong down voting a movie because it has an ulterior political agenda?

That trailer didn't recast the T-800 with a black stereotype. It also respected the previous movies and stuck to the established timeline, instead of rebooting everything. It's not a shitty trailer, just a bad one. I don't think it deserves a dislike.

OP blows out gamer gate women hating nerds

There wasn't a defense force of retards telling people who knew it was going to be shit to give it a chance

Speak for yourself. I had not seen either, especially the new Robocop since the old one is one of my favorite movies. In fact, I was furious to see they were remaking it. Both are horribly reviewed as well.

Sup Forums has gone so far downhill the past year or two, it's not surprising that you faggots would start shilling for the Ghostbusters remake. Hollywood is milking the shit out of you for being such mindless drones.

They make John Connor a fucking terminator.

>It also respected the previous movies and stuck to the established timeline
So you haven't seen it? It literally retconned the first movie.

>A youtube dislike button count proves how discussion went in internet
Fucking newfag, there were dozens of threads daily of how shitty robocop would be, people chimping out and insulting each other just as they do with Ghostbusters. Youtube is not a mirror to Sup Forums neither internet. A pretty shitty example, but Boxxy video has 20M views and only 44K dislikes, the day Sup Forums found Boxxy, there were THOUSANDS of threads daily, mods and janis went crazy, people went crazy, there was even like 7 days went "boxxy" was a banned word in Sup Forums and people posting stuff related was banned.

So it is sexism/racism. Thanks for letting me know.

Neither of those movies were considered as sacred as the ghost busters. The ghost busters was the most iconic movie of that era, only to be challanged by back to the future.

This also happened to dragonall evolution, it was shit on by literally everybody. Its not a good movie but definitely not the worst movie ever made. Yet most dragonball fans will say its the worst because it was so iconic and they fucked it up.

> Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?

Yes, yes I do. We just didn't have this huge sjw pushback like with Ghostbusters. Add Jem to that list. Everyone said that looked like shit also.

remember when those films looked shit and did in fact turn out to be utter shit? remember when people could accuse them of looking and being shit without allegations of sexism?

yeah

Nah.

It looks like a good time.

Robocop and Total Recall were not the same tier as Ghostbusters. They were cult, but not as perfect.

>first world female oppression

remember when feminist fought real female problems?

me neither

No, it's not. If they changed the Charlie's Angels in Arnold Swarzenegger, The Rock and Sylvester Stallone, people would be shitting all over it as well.

It has nothing to do with sexism/racism. It has to do with respecting the source material.

And the Ghostbusters trailer, besides being a cynical cash grab, seems like an SNL skit that goes on for too long.

Then I haven't even mentioned that the movie itself is racist towards its black character by making it so stereotypical that it's revolting.

And it's sexist because it treats Hemsworth literally as nothing else than a sex object.

See, two can play that game.

>we're not misogynist, I'm sick of feminists accusing us of that
>claimed movie wouldn't be funny before the first trailer came out
>ignoring the strings of misogynist insults hurled at the movie
>ignoring the dozens of other bad remakes/reboots out there that don't get this much hate

This reminds me of the gamergate bullshit.
>what do you mean we're sexist? Lying media
>lol 5 guys, here are Zoe quinn's nudes, women don't belong in video games

Remember when Sup Forums wasn't a bunch of summerfag underage b&s and film discussion wasn't about how they were excited to see the latest cash grab because they have no fucking taste? Maybe I've just been here for a while and I'm thinking there used to be better times, but holy fuck has this board gone to shit. The mods ban threads that shouldn't be banned, yet Sup Forums is fucking consumed by Ghostbusters threads as if that fucking movie is really relevant or has any substance whatsoever.

Did you not see the comment I was replying to or are you that fucking dense?

They collectively lost their shit over Robocop so fucking hard there's even a fan remake of robocop in PROTEST

IT WAS SUCH A SHIT THROWING FEST IT ACTUALLY SPAWNED ITS OWN FUCKING MOVIE

THAT WAS FROM BEFORE THE TRAILER YOU FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD FUCK

btw, suicide.

As if it's not the haters making the threads

There is literally nothing to do with sexism, that was the controversy ploy that used to bait people with a shitty remake. you don't understand the real game being played.

Funny because they are both better than the original Ghostbusters.

Remember when Robocop was the most disliked video on youtube? Wait, that didn't happen?

But it isn't based on sexism, you brainless twit. stop using women as an alibi because that defense is retardingly vulnerable with each minute you regurgitate it. It's terrible because the fucking script forces the characters to try so hard to be funny. i.e.

"I don't know if it's a race thing or a sex thing, but I'm mad as hell."

or

"The power of pain compels you!" every scene strays away from the point of Ghostbusters and tries to hard to be random. This reboot got shat on because everyone is tired of remakes, and remakes, and remakes, and remakes, and reboots, and RE-IMAGINING! AND MORE remakes!

It

is

Sickening. This movie seems to focus TOO much on trying to be funny with no sense of adventure. It's like a typical "comedic" movie that has Kevin Hart or something.

>stupid bitch paints all people who play gamers as bad
>surprised that she gets backlash
>till this day people STILL pits everyone together

>people outright claiming they're misogynist and hate women
>still feel a need to defend them and claim they aren't sexist

Jesus fucking christ

>We just didn't have this huge sjw pushback like with Ghostbusters.

I think this is the key here. Nobody was calling you a bad person and saying you were basically Hitler incarnate for not wanting to watch the new Robocop reboot.

>Most people actually gave those movies a chance

hahah

No. We knew they were shit from the beginning and just ignored them. Which is exactly what people should do with Ghost busters.

>if they had cast a fat chick as robocop and a female gorilla as ED-209 then I expect dislikes would have followed.

>So it is sexism/racism. Thanks for letting me know.

What is sexist/racist about it? The dude is just saying it's bad casting. The people they chose are wrong for the roles. He uses inflammatory language but that is what it boils down to.

Being this easily triggered.

Kek

>They make John Connor a fucking terminator.
I was talking about the trailer, not the movie. In fact, this whole thread is about trailers.

You're getting your literally who's mixed up there. And it's still sexism even if you don't like her

>we

Speak for yourself, new Robocop was great.

>calling a black woman a gorilla isn't racist

Some of you are too far gone it seems

It's in the trailer.

Stop trying to make me gay for a hack fraud.

sexism =/= misogyny

>Speak for yourself, new Robocop was great.

Feels like a Made for TV movie shot in Toronto.

It's boring and forgettable.

I can't even tell you the race of the two corrupt cop guys.

If I called you a bleached chimpanzee would you considered that racist too?

Fucking tard. Do you even banter?

But it's not, you little cockroach. Sexism defines someone as "discriminating against women" and "typically against women" Stop trying to change the definition to defend your weak ego.

I'm not against women being the main roles. I could pull a huge list of my favorite female stars but you faggots try EVER SO HARD to think it's because its women and you fail everytime you mention it.

In almost no way objectively, but artistically robocop has jesus symbology, and total recall the same as all philip k dick novels about the nature of true reality, but Ghostbusters went to new territory about Relgion v Science and didn't even end up where EVERY FUCKING OTHER WORK OF ART IN HISTORY HAS EVER GONE saying that science will fail because religion is truth and made a bold statement destroying the actual "god" of old religions, with good symbolism and even had a better message of equality then the remake.

not to mention bill murray, and sigourney weaver.

remember when people didn't make a big deal about youtube trailers? wait, that didn't happen?

>her smile and enthusiasm
>gone

Actually I do, there was non-stop bitching on Sup Forums for months.

The thing is though you think there's way more hate for Ghostbusters because there's 9999999999 clickbait SJW articles about how there's so much hate for it, it's literally twitter dipshits looking for haters to hate on.

Is that what sexism is?
Is that why the trailers suck?
Is that why people hated the Robocop remake before it was released?
Oh wait, that never happened?

>RT
No.

under fucking rated post fuck retarded bullshit

Well, I am just doing that long well thought out reply to the one line comment bit, so this is actually the response I deserved. Thanks m8.

>because there's 9999999999 clickbait SJW articles about how there's so much hate for it
Maybe because there is so much hate for it?
>it's literally twitter dipshits looking for haters to hate
So they are like Sup Forumsfags getting triggered by petty things? How are you guys different?

This only proves that women and people who whiteknight them are fucking weak-minded. This remake could have had Aliens, Vampires, and Fairies and people would be in agreement that it's absurd. But HOOO, if it's a woman? It's sexist!

>That nose on the guy on the right

Why do you keep making these bait threads?
The trailers look like shit,the jokes are cringeworthy and they actually cast a female gorilla to compensate for the lack of a male one.

>lots of nigger talk
>lots of jew talk
>people clearly racist or at least promoting racist talk
>nobody really gives a shit, but hops on someones dick about being sexist or a misogynist

Why has Sup Forums become such cucks? Is it because you're all virgins so you think if you become an SJW you'll get pussy?

I noticed that people are trying to be SJW and I hope this is only a new troll tactic and they're not THIS retarded. I really fucking hope so.

>having selective memory
the Last Airbender was universally panned and efectively destroyed Shyamalan's career. It is to this day considered a benchmark in terms of Hollywood flops.
That Dragon Ball movie basically killed any possible western adaptation of japanese material for a decade.
The Transformer movies are stil lconsidered a symbol of corporate cynicism and pandering, they are still considered the lowest point of mass entertainment and they made Michael Bay the villain if the movie industry and the butt of every joke, to the point that his name will probably never be taken seriously again.
the TMNT movie's early material and trailer were met with such hatred that they had to pretty much rewrite the movie, add in some roles nd change plot points to please the fans and save the movie from being the bomb of the year.
And let's not even talk about the Star Wars prequels.

But nope, it's all about sexism, no reboot or remake has ever flopped, no one in the recent years has ever been annoyed at every big budget flick being a remake. Nope. Only for Ghostbusters.

I didn't loose my shit over them, I just ignored and never watched either. Same thing I'll do with Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters trailer is bad and deserves the hate. But other remakes were also bad and weren't hated as much. What's the difference between Ghostbusters and other remakes of classic franchises for manchildren? The only answer is: female leads.

This.

But we have to acknowledge that just because men are better than women doesn't mean you have to "hate" women, in the same way that you might prefer pizza over pasta, it doesn't mean you "hate" pasta

youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM

Hey remember when the first ghostbusters franchise sucked hard and was never good to begin with
Hey remember when trolling actually meant something and wasn't a copout false flag sjw shilling fest
Hey remember when Sup Forums wasn't shit

>The transformer movies
youtube.com/watch?v=r8HPIH5JCak

Yup, it was so hated the majority liked it.

>directed by the Justin Bieber movie guy
>no Misfits
>no supernatural elements
>5 mil budget
>plays out like a paint by numbers "small band makes it big" plot with a treasure hunt thrown in at the end
>best girl gets no airtime
>they have the gall to sequelbait at the ending

>The only answer is: terrible jokes, no charm and bad CGI.

If you seriously think the female leads are the only problems with the trailer you're a fucking retard.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad

What the fuck were they thinking?

>Downvoting a trailer only became a thing after media talked about the Ghostbusters trailer.

This is actually false.

Media only latched onto the story after the first trailer was downvoted to hell.

I should know, I saw it when it was only up for a few hours and already there was a concentrated effort to downvote it.

The media didn't pick up on it until days later.

What's the difference? The movie is BLATANTLY shitty with it's script alone, you stupid faggot especially accompanied by unfunny women. It's not that they're SOLELY women.

I could make a better Ghostbusters movie as a sequel and if it were female-centric. It's simple really:

Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, whatsherface from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies being the wives of the original cast.

Done.

>What's the difference between Ghostbusters and other remakes of classic franchises for manchildren?
Well, with the Ghostbusters trailer, when people said "this looks like shit", the media screamed MUH SOGGY KNEES, which only brought about more attention, which brought about more dislikes

Also, Ghostbusters has always had a far stronger fanbase than Total Recall or Robocop did combined.

>b-but muh terminator
Terminator hasn't had a good movie since Terminator 2, so when another one comes out and it's shit, nobody gives a fuck anymore

Nobody cares about Total Recall, Robocop, Point Break or even fucking Terminator in the same way they care about Ghostbusters.

Hey remember when 3rd wave feminism wasn't such a big joke that it had to die on it's sword defending a low budget made bycommittee shitty 80's remake movie?

>everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop

Everyone lost their shit when it was announced the new RoboCop movie was PG-13

the majority of mouth breathers liked Star Wars Episode 1 when it debuted

Yeah man, everyone knows that nobody wants females in their sci-fi movies

after all the Alien series is the most hated of all time because nobody liked the female lead

and Terminator? Ew, nobody wanted icky Sarah Connor on the screen at any time, she might have given us cooties!

>Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?
Yes, I do.

Yes it did. It just wasn't about a male-to-female switcheroo. So, nobody cared out loud.

>when people said "this looks like shit", the media screamed MUH SOGGY KNEES
False. See:
>Terminator hasn't had a good movie since Terminator 2
Ghostbusters hasn't had a good movie since the first one.

>the Last Airbender was universally panned and efectively destroyed Shyamalan's career

This was only after people actually watched it. No one downvoted the trailer and people here were even defending the shitty casting choices.

Also it obviously didn't destroy his career since he's still making movies.

MUH GHOSTYBUBSTERS

I will tell you something funny. If Alien was made today, Sup Forums would hate it.

Reminder the vast majority of women do not give a shit about ghostbusters or even feminism.

This.