Just saw this. My first David Lynch movie (I have seen Twin Peaks) Can someone explain to me...

Just saw this. My first David Lynch movie (I have seen Twin Peaks) Can someone explain to me? Would really like to discuss it.

it doesn´t make sense, david lynch is just insane

Also, what Lynch movie should I see next?

I wonder if Sup Forums has solved the 10 clues Lynch gave to understand this. I am sure they have but I'm a newfag so I wouldn't know

Blonde goes to Hollywood to live big dream
Falls in love with brunette
Her career flops
Brunette leaves
brokenhearted Blonde gets brunette murdered
Most of the movie is dream-delusion to replace the fact that blonde's life is a failure and regret that she killed lover
rest of movie is weird because Lynch

He's a master in making weird and surrealist movies, he prefers obviously the photography to the scenario.

His best movies could be :
Elephant Man
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart (where Cage is really acting at last)

M. DR. is pretty meh in comparison (but higly fappable).

She was living in a 'perfect' fantasy dream world that started to fall apart because of her guilt of killing her ex-lover.

It's pretty awesome.

It was supposed to be the pilot for a TV show that never happened, so it'll never really make sense.

Well thank you wikipedia, what's the point of even coming onto Sup Forums if you're just going to copy paste your answer.

It's a criticism on Hollywood using it's talent, lost dreams, infatuation, and jealousy through the eyes of a masturbatory fantasy before suicide.

NO HAY BANDA

This

>censored crotch area on the DVD version

no thanks

anyone has a download link to it?

What about the Theatre scenes?

You might Roger Ebert's review of MD illuminating.

What was in the Blue box? Who was the weird fuck behind the Winkies?

blue velvet is my favorite.

I think I heard something like inside the blue box is Evil. It's probably her guilt or something in there, since in the real world, the Blue Key means that the hit job is complete

If you like MD you should go to Lost Highway next and then Inland Empire. They all have a similar feel, although be aware that Inland Empire is a lot harder than the other two to comprehend - not that sense is the reason you watch these movies.

who was the ginger cowboy?

michael gira from swans

rephrase: what was he supposed to represent?

The blonde arranges for the brunette to be killed, and, believing she has succeeded, commits suicide out of guilt. The brunette actually survives the crash, but with amnesia; the blonde is actually a ghost guide trapped in her own amnesiac purgatory accompanying the brunette as they piece the story of what happened to them both together. In the "Silencio" scene, the blue box contains their memories, and the blonde weeps because she realises she's dead.

Does Lynch have a 'happy' movie?

You should always watch Inland Empire last.

The Straight Story

It's the watered down, Oscar bait version of Lynch's masterpiece, Lost Highway.

it was a joke at your expense.

This, basically the grandparents miniature is guilt of failing them

I'm in the minority who didn't care for Blue Velvet at all. inb4 ebert pls go I'd recommend Lost Highway or Eraserhead.

You couldn't be more wrong

>Who was the weird fuck behind the Winkies?

Fear of failure. You go to Hollywood to become a movie star, but you end up the waitress then the crazy homeless man.

Lost Highway, kind of.

How was Dune, Sup Forums?

I could have watched another 3 hours with ease.