What does Sup Forums think of Black Sails?

What does Sup Forums think of Black Sails?

Other urls found in this thread:

black-sails.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Hornigold
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A strong concept, but ruined by trying to be Game of Thrones.

Oh look, another gratuitous sex scene. Wow.

Really good, imo. If you're into age of sail stuff there is really nothing better.

this

Sharpe, Hornblower.

This shit is just another example of the annoying trend in TV shows all being "LOOK BOOBS LOL WE'RE SO EDGY AND NOT LIKE OTHER SHOWS"

Sup Forums was really into it for a while, then we had like 3 weeks of DROPPED threads when they showed that gay backstory. It wasn't as popular last season and that's understandable, but that might have been more about how slow it went til the last few episodes.

They're not very focused on ship stuff, especially not Sharpe. They are excellent as well though. I don't get so triggered by sex though.

People aren't paying for premium cable to not see boobs.

If it was more ship and piracy it would be good. Captain baldy and dreadlocks are literally the worst parts of the show.

Underrated, great show. First season starts slow, but it just gets better and better with every episode and season.

But season 2 was shit.

It was far better than 1 and 4.

Hornigold a shit

Did he get killed in the show yet? I don't recall.

Hornigold is man fighting for relevancy.

Unfortunately not, they're set on keeping him as the MC even though he is literally the worst and least interesting character.

I think it's a sleeper hit, great stuff. The sex was a bit gratuitous in earlier seasons but lately they've risen above it and actually have some really great dialogue that isn't 2deep4u or a hamfisted attempt at being philosophical. Gay plotline made a decent amount of sense to me and doesn't ruin what is mostly a great show

Strong charachters and their arcs + the focus on ships are the best parts of the show imo

Yes. Flint shot him in the chest

far cry from dying in a hurricane

Season finale won me back over, but they better dump the romantic subplots and focus on the piracy.

I love it, season 1 was pretty slow, season 2 was kind of gay and season 3 was just great. Max needs to learn how to fuckign act though, every time she's ons creen i just get so annoyed with her stupid fucking accent and slow delivery. such a worthless dumb slut why is she even relevant, to become Eleanor 2.0 when they reclaim Nassau?

if Blackbeard doesn't like fuses under his hat whilst in battle im dropping the show

>Max needs to learn how to fuckign act though
I'll take her to my casting couch

Ok one of you is wrong.

I saw the episode and I don't recall and google won't help me. I know he died historically in a storm, but did they have Flint shoot him?

Sorry, I just can't fucking remember.

>you will watch Blackbeard die in season 4
>Silver will take all the power and fuck everyone
>you will watch Billy go crazy
>you will watch Flint being broken and turning into a depressed suicidal drunk

Not sure I want to keep watching.

how come all the ships have no decks? like don't they usually have the main deck with some canons and then you go under to fire the rest of the canons? is it a budget issue?

>Hornigold returns to the island accompanying an overwhelming English fleet. After clearing the beach, one of Flint’s men, Dobbs, seems to betray him. However, Dobbs leads them into an ambush, where Flint’s concealed men begin slaughtering the English soldiers. In the ensuing chaos, Hornigold kills Dobbs, but Flint shoots him fatally in the chest and proudly stands over Hornigold's dying body.

black-sails.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Hornigold

>decks
But they do show them sometimes. Like when Flint and Silver sneaked on the Man'O'War in season 2. Keep in mind that historically ships weren't as fuck huge as they become by the end of the century when you have ships with 100+ guns on it.

I mixed shit up and thought Baldy McFlint was actually Hornigold. I wish Hornigold was still alive, he was actually an interesting character I wanted to see more of. He actually acted like a fucking pirate.

And yes, Max needs to go.

Thanks bro.

i guess i'm just too familiar with the common ships you see in media, ones with the wheel on top at the back and a full deck

Hornigold didn't get the backstory he deserved. The guy helped to make the Age of Piracy what it was, but he never seemed to have gotten the credit he deserved for his history.

This is the biggest flaw with the show.

Hornigold:
>Cool as shit
>Classy as fuck
>dat beard
>No backstory, little screantime

Blackbeard:
>Fucking blackbeard
>Pirate as fuck
>One fucking episode

Some fucking prostitute
>le french accent
>eeet ieeez suuh fuhreeench
>20 minutes per episode minimum

Some other dumb bitch:
>THIS ISLAND IS MINE MINE MINE MINE
>DADDY GAVE ME ISLAND

Like the other user said they show them sometimes and lots of ships didn't have that many levels of guns, faster ships means less cannons and pirates needed speed because navies could almost always outgun them.

dubs of truth confirm