The Holy Trinity of Modern Spookino

The intro scene of It Follows was better then the rest of the whole thing but still

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1t9cxzrjAE8uTTYCpko
youtube.com/watch?v=sMEgSLetjHw
youtube.com/watch?v=Voa_7sLL7dQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XwWwPT8LE
youtube.com/watch?v=i4nhmTR9bc0
youtube.com/watch?v=SrJiltfB_Cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's with the cross?

It follows was terrible and the babadook while a good flick wasn't scary in the least bit.

YOU'RE not scary in the least bit.

The Witch is the only true kino here.

Babadook was a drama about depression and It Follows was just some lame analogy about having kids.

Are there any good upcoming 'scary' movies? I haven't really heard anything anything, but I don't look hard either.

Also, it follows should have been more gory. That scene with the dudes mom raping him was kind of comical.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1t9cxzrjAE8uTTYCpko

Robert Eggers the writer and director of the Witch is working on Nosferatu.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMEgSLetjHw

this could be good or bad, the trailer doesn't really show anything, but I trust Adam Wingard.

Shouldn't the cross be upside down OP?

#tru

Learn theology.

What does St. Peter have to do with those movies?

take out It Follows, and replace it with Creep

Do actual horror fans get "scared" by films ? I mean i could understand the casual viewer being scared, but not someone that watches them all of the time.

What's the next addition gonna be?

babadook was terrible.

babadook was fucking trash

I don't know why, but everytime I see someone praising It Follows I get triggered like a tumblr user
This movie is just so damn bland, except for the great intro scene

Witch and Babaduks are actually pretty good

I am a super horror casual and The Babadook wasn't scary. Signs was a scarier movie.

>Holy trinity

>a cross has four arms

youtube.com/watch?v=Voa_7sLL7dQ

The bottom holds it up you retard.

Three arms and a leg, actually

if we get over the fact that all theese movies sucked then i might be able to agree with you

I actually think Oculus is better than It Follows and Babadook. It's very underrated. I uniquely tells a story that isn't just a slasher or paranormal movie. One of the scariest things I've seen in a movie was how they're unaware they're being manipulated.

What about V/H/S? Just the first one, of course.

Oculus and Annabelle are as good as if not better than anything in OP's bait.

>that religion knowledge
God bless you

God doesn't exist.

im sorry sir i think you dropped your passport

>maxresdefault.jpg

>memekino

ftfy

Haven't watch The Witch

is it really that spooky? elaborate

so reading this thread it's obvious the witch is a legit good horror-movie, right?

And I should have wrote
>(un)Holy

Did I ruin the whole thing? :(

It's not spooky, it's eerie.

its creepy in a Blair Witch kind of way. no jump scares and some geniunely unsettling moments. the 16th century Olde English dialog is hard work for some.

4U

>No jump scares

Incorrect. The goat thing at the end was definitely a jump scare.

this "the witch is a good movie" meme has to fucking end
its as bad as /lit/ recommending the worst shit they can think of since its le funny to troll people asking for recomendations

It should be upside down.

Great bate.

Don't Breathe doesn't look awful

Babadook and It Follows were fucking disappointments
I haven't watched The Vvitch yet, but I'm sure it's the same overpraised shit like the rest

I don't know why people thought It Follows was good. I mean yeah it had a strong opening but as soon as the thing attacks the girls when they're at the beach the whole thing becomes laughably bad.

>I haven't watched The Vvitch yet, but I'm sure it's the same overpraised shit like the rest
oh man, if you didnt like it fallows then dont even come near the witch, its even slower and with more symbolism and less explenations

There's really not that much symbolism in the Witch

Only horror movie to scare me as an adult was Noroi: The Curse.

There's actually Tarot symbolism like every 20 minutes but I could understand how you might miss that

The VVitch sucks.

it follows was pretty shit desu

I'm not familiar with Tarot cards. Seemed like a fairly straightforward suspense film to me. Not a lot of layers to it.

jesus when will this witch dick sucking end
its an awful fucking movie

YOU'RE an awful movie.

the silver cup, the part when the crow bites the moms tit, even the baby paste

Don't breathe looks at least fun
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XwWwPT8LE

the fourth kind? no?

I just don't get it, most of Creep was ok but the final scene when the guy just walked up to him and took him out with the axe was fucking jarring and I just don't know why

Horror thread?
This shit right here was fantastic. Watch if you're a fan of Raimi/Jackson-esque horror comedy. Also legitimately creepy at times.

>The Sup Forums vitch

wut.

This is what we get for removing God from schools

The Babadook was shit. It Follows didn't do anything for me but I at least respect it, plus it had a killer soundtrack.

Actually I haven't seen The Witch yet, but seeing it compared to those movies worries me. I wanted a good movie, not an overrated one.

>It Follows was just some lame analogy about having kids
It was a metaphor for STDs, you idiot. How could that not have been more obvious?

Fucking loved You're Next and I loved that song.

>It Follows
>good
Can we stop shilling this shit movie already?

ESSENTIAL /RAIMICORE/
> Evil Dead 2
> Army of Darkness
> Braindead/Dead-Alive
> Out of the Dark
> Deathgasm
Any suggestions?

The Witch is endorsed by the Satanic Temple.
youtube.com/watch?v=i4nhmTR9bc0

Just to clarify, I mean this out of the Dark, not the 2014 one. It leans more towards Peter Jackson's hprror roots than Raimi's but it belongs nonetheless.

>Braindead/Dead-Alive
That's Peter Jackson dumbo

Yeah but I'd say it belongs on the goofy horror/comedy list. And horror comedy is a broad genre in itself, so I figured this particular type of movie should be called Raimicore.

Annabelle was shit

youtube.com/watch?v=SrJiltfB_Cw

Lights Out, movie based on that one Youtube short film, looks pretty decent.

> doing anything to demons besides ripping and tearing
I'm coming to get you, demons.

I kinda feel like they chose the wrong movie to represent their belief system.
Also
> daemons

Babadook isn't very good and It Follows is very bad.

I'd much rather have Antichrist or even Fatal Frame.

Jesus christ this thread shows just HOW MUCH plebbiness is rampant in Sup Forums

Overrated fucking meme trash. Especially It Follows, dear lord that movie was dogshit.

It Follows is not a metaphor for stds. Fact. But it can work as such.

>people placing the babdook in anywhere near the same league as it follows, let alone the witch

teenagers entranced by babbys first metaphor. you probably think the witch was symbolic too.

The Witch is in another league to Bobbadick and Shit Follows

If we're talking about non-scary overhyped bullshit "horror" where is Hush?

Currently watching "They Look Like People", will report back on quality.

The 2nd half of It Follows was absolute DOGSHIT. But the 1st half is good enough to be considered better than any other modern horror movie except those two

babadook is the only decent one there

it follows? are you fucking kidding me?

the babadook? are YOU kidding ME? babby's first movie metaphor. total dog shit

darkman, spiderman 1 and 2 and 3 (fuck you), evil dead 1 and army of darkness, no evil dead 2.

is the monsyer in it follows a gobernment robot?

All three of these are Megan is Missing tier.

i don't give a shit about the corny metaphors in these flicks

babdook was at least well made and kinda made you care about the mother

it follows is atrocious

Babadook - Really boring. I barely remember anything about besides a girl in the beginning sitting on a bench in miniskirt who I want to make love to.

The VVitch - Pretty good/10. I kept expecting some ebin plot twist about how the witches were metaphorical or something and it never happened. Good ending. Good flick. Well acted.

It Follows - Watchable movie but not really scary. Several fappable girls. Dope OST. I'm still confused by the clamshell kindle thing.

I dont get it

Is it VVitch or Witch?

Why do i get uncanny valley feeling from this pic?

>Robert Eggers was born in 1993 and has directed a hit film
>I turn 31 in October and still live with my parents

Nice triiips.

>tfw all you want is a new monster movie like pic related

Not EXACTLY like pic related, but something with a fucking MONSTER.

fuck it, I'll do it myself.

i never saw "it follows." to say you liked the babadook but dont care about metaphors is fucking ridiculous because the monster is literally a metaphor for the moms grief over her husband dying you retard

>the spirit in it follows can be anyone in order to blend in
>always makes itself completely fucking obvious
>actually catches up to the girl
>just grabs her hair instead of killing her
>launches a guy like 30ft with a swing of its arm
>cant break down locked doors

When I was younger, they would freak me the fuck out but I've gotten desensitized. Watching it in the theaters, I'll definitely feel the tension and the foreboding elements that are so well done in The Witch and It Follows, but I can still sleep that night. Thanks for subscribing to my blog!

Really it should be the unholy trinity...