Not set on an Enterprise ship

>not set on an Enterprise ship
>heavily serialized
>Alex Kurtzman

They fucked it up. Haven't even released it yet and they already fucked it up.

Why, new age television? Why must you ruin everything? Is there nothing sacred?

God fucking damn it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA
youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Wgop9VLM
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Alex Kurtzman in TV mode
youtube.com/watch?v=aEmAi8Yp-A0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They already dragged it through the mud with the movies. Stop beating on the dead horse.

I'll wait to see, but even if they do, it's not a disappointment. They got DS9 to compete with and that almost killed off Star Trek permanently.

What the fucks with this sacred thing? You honestly think that after 5 tv series, and 20 something movies that star trek is sacred?

Tell that to Spock's younger self.

There's like 500 episodes and 50 movies.

"""Scared"""

When is it gonna be set? TOS era? After TNG?

DS9 wasn't that bad. Got into the politics of Star Trek more and that was a nice change from the usual "oh look at us, we're flying through and encountering the most bat shit insane things and somehow handling them with ease".

But I see your point about it almost killing Star Trek. Then again, Enterprise is probably what this new series will be getting compared to the most if it somehow tanks and once again destroys Star Trek for another 12 years.

Pre-TNG, that's all we know

They better get the god damn uniforms right.

Shame, I hoped for 25th century.

Yeah, it would have been nice to finally push the damn series further into the future.

I want to see the Enterprise-E

>What is First Contact/Insurrection/Nemesis

Even further, Im talking 50 years after Nemesis

Aw shit, meant the Enterprise-F

The one from STO with the Andorian captain. Though I don't think they would follow that lore if they went in that direction.

Why settle for E when you could have J?

Absolutely disgusting.

This is why you were canceled, Enterprise. Your ship designs are not aesthetic.

>NX is just a flipped Akira
>NX refit is an unholy abomination
>J is so pointlessly big that it belongs in Star Wars

>NX Refit

Oh my god, I hadn't even seen that one until you mentioned it just now.

I can see what they were going for, they were trying to explain why the star trek ships have the design they do and why it's so different than the NX class, but wow is this one ugly

According to Memory Alpha the designer wanted it to look something like this, but they rejected it and they had to hack together the final design very quickly

In other news.
>Paramount is dropping lawsuit against Axanar.
>Second Beyond trailer looks far better than the first.

Isnt this gonna be an anthology ST series?

DS9 nearly killed off Star Trek? What the fuck?

I hope the exocomps don't look too fake

>Paramount is dropping lawsuit against Axanar
It's a miracle.

Daily Reminder that this is what they sued:
youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA

And this is what they didn't sue:
youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Wgop9VLM

Actually I wouldn't mind some Enterprise-B action.

>The Excelsior-class ship series everyone wanted
>Captain is depressed all the time since he thinks he killed Kirk

Voyager killed off Star Trek.

Well, technically Enterprise killed it, but really Paramount should have learned the lesson from Voyager that the Berman/Braga/UPN combination didn't work.

>a vulcan admitting being inferior to a klingon

That's no vulcan. That's a human in disguise!

What will the new series take be on warp 10?

According to TOS, you go back in time by doing warp 9 around the curve of the sun to get some kind of gravity boost...or something.

TNG had Warp 13 in the future vision that picard had during that one Q episode.

Voyager = you're everywhere and everywhen so you turn into slug lizards and get kinky with each other.

DS9 = I didn't watch this garbage.

Enterprise = see above.

Voyager was simply shit..

Logo looks like Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

>heavily serialized

How is that a bad thing. "Alien of the week" shit is so dumb.

DS9 is actually excellent once you get past the first few seasons. Seasons 4-6 are propably the best Star Trek

>Voyager = you're everywhere and everywhen so you turn into slug lizards and get kinky with each other.
And you call any other show "garbage".

*Tuvok: Dinosaur Hunter

Voyager was great. You're just a tasteless pleb.

Ehm..

Also, name one good character besisides Doctor and Tuvok

Yea no shit, DS9 did alright ratings wise and was actually slightly ahead of the curve when it came to what TV was turning into. In reality, 3/4 of the TNG movies were shit, Nemesis was a huge flop that even Trek fans didn't go see and everyone stopped watching Enterprise in season 1.

Wow, rude. Who hurt you?

>New Trek show turns out to be Tuvok, Jem'Haddar hunter
uh

*Tuvok: Voth Hunter

Suder

>"It is a pity that we are enemies, Tuvok, but my men and I are slaves to the White."
>"Reconsider my offer, First Lz'Rdman. Once you go black, it is unlikely that you will go back."

Janeway is great.

>Blah blah blah Star Trek Beyond blah blah blah blah.
Blegh, who cares?

Star Trek movies are for normies anyway.

I only care about the Star Trek television shows.

Which Enterprise exactly?

1701-B looks like shit and 1701-C was already in TNG along with its crew. Are they gonna retcon that too?

Post-TOS pre-TNG uniforms were my least favorite desu. the ones from the first couple seasons of TNG didn't age very well either

I love how nobody has said anything counter to Alex Kurtzman yet. Fuck Alex Kurtzman.

Doesn't matter if you like them or not, we've seen then several times in the movies and in the series. They are an established part of the lore.

If they retcon the uniforms, then you might as well throw out all hope for a series which is true to the core material.

Good luck, Bryan Fuller

I'm hoping Bryan Fuller will manage to save at least a few episodes.

>This nigga never watched
The Wrath of Kahn
The Voyage Home
The Undiscovered Country
First Contact

Alex Kurtzman in TV mode, so think more along the lines of Hercules and Xena.

The showrunner is Bryan Fuller, responsible for such classic Star Trek episodes as Empok Nor, Mortal Coil, Living Witness, Bride of Chaotica, Couse: Oblivion and Relativity.

He's joined by Nicholas Meyer, responsible for Star Trek II, IV and VI.

They're joined by Rod Roddenberry, who respects his father's legacy, but doesn't deify his father (and made a documentary called Trek Nation where he goes into detail about his father being a sex-obsessed credit-stealing asshole).

Get hyped.

1701-B and its crew were in Star Trek Generations, although they were probably all court martialled for very public gross incompetence leading to the death of Kirk

Fuck off shill

>such classic Star Trek episodes
>referencing Voyager at all

The only "classic" episode in there is Threshold, and only in the sense that it's a textbook example on how to ruin your entire franchise.

Starfleet gives promotions for gross incompetence.

Hey everyone,

Please don't believe this poster: Read Rod Roddenberry's 2015 AMA for his real opinions about Gene.

is posting based on a REALLY old documentary. Rod has changed his opinions about Gene in light of new information, he explains in the AMA.

>user calls for a counter
>receives a counter
>"W-w-why are you bullying me? I n-never wanted this!"
Okay.

>actually admitting to being a Redditor
Wew.

Why don't you share with us Rod's new information and his changed opinions?

>First Contact
Get out.

>Reposting the same post trying to get people excited for the new Star Trek show in every Star Trek thread for days using the same language
>Expects not to be thought of as a shill

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Alex Kurtzman in TV mode

>"It stops being true if you post it more than once!"
Okay.

lol. Gene BTFO

Alex Kurtzman doesn't have a "TV mode", he's an incompetent fuckup who needs to be kept on a tight leash to stop him ruining everything

Bryan "Fill me" Fuller is a fag who needs to be chemically castrated to stop him turning Trek into Homolust: The Show

Nicholas Meyer is an old white man and will be shouted down at every opportunity for not being progressive enough

Rod Roddenberry couldn't help New Voyages and he won't help this.

Get fucked.

>Star Trek: Homolustkino Edition

Mite b entertaining

I bet you liked Threshold.

I can't wait until Sup Forums abandons this franchise in tears, and /trek/ threads become progressive liberal utopias again.

I've been watching Star Trek since your wife's bull was in diapers son, there's no getting rid of me

Oldfag, here since winter 2014, seen dozens of assholes like you come and go.

Star Trek has always been an ultra-liberal's pet show.

This post is an orchestra.

Actions, events, effects, you name it.

youtube.com/watch?v=aEmAi8Yp-A0

Oh yeah? Well double threshold on you.

Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise are all pleb filters
True patricians enjoyed all three

Nazi Janeway

You are the same shill every time saying the same things posting that fucking yellow wall every thread.
GO AWAY!
If it's good, then we'll have something to talk about.
You should know by now that most "Trekkies" will eventually if not immediately see it when it comes out.
It doesn't need your cock-gobbling, sycophantic, "the producers are as the Grand Nagus was" marketing.
Please just hole up your "GET HYPE!" posts for the sake of dignity.

holy shit haha Gene BTFO

What is the armament of the lollipop?

Still better than not Trek series, stop bitching. I would prefer post TNG series as well, but alas.

Also, there is nothing wrong with "heavily serialized"

Phone ate my text

>Still better than no Trek series on air, stop bitching

>user calls for a counter
>user receives a counter
Why are you so angry though? I only posted a counter because wanted a counter.

Do you not understand context?

>NX refit

Oh hai

You can't even shit on the designer, they told him to do a design in a fucking week.

>And this is what they didn't sue:
Jesus christ that was horrible.

I read the second line in Tuvok's voice

>tripfag
>phoneposter
>tourist
This city's going to hell in a handbasket

I love this.

>tourist

lol you poor newfag

>not set on an Enterprise ship

so boldly hang back mooring progress

gonna be shit

can't wait to hate it anddieinsidehabituallywatchingeveryshitepisode

Tuvix

Wait, the NX didn't have a deflector dish? What the fuck?

The NX deflector is on the front of the saucer.

Yup. And we may get a post-TNG season if the series is successful. You never know with a seasonal anthology. Infinite diversity combinations, as Dr. Spock might say.

Don't fucking steal this one, guys. Pay for CBS All Access. Let's ensure that this series lasts long and prospers.

>Dr. Spock
This meme is older than any poster in this thread.

a true fan enjoys all the series and movies what they are not what you want them to be

>turning Trek into Homolust: The Show

You mean like TOS?

>A """"true fan""" has no judgement when it comes to the series
Now I understand you retards

That's why I always support sci-fi series. If it's shit - fine, but if it's good and popular - we get more series.

A true fan enjoys all Star Trek, but recognizes that not every Star Trek is at the same level of overall quality.

A true fan acknowledges the flaws of the lesser Star Treks, but forgives them and enjoys them anyway.

Also DS9

How is ENT 9gag? I get the general connections with all the other ones but that just seems thrown in because there were no sites left. I think ENT would best fit on some site that is used mainly by hipsters and contrarians, not LE MEME XD children

Motherfucker I was posting about TNG, DS9, and Voyager on usenet groups while you were still shitting yourself.

Then going by your picture and the analogies:
TOS is a show that's old, antiquated, and basically used as a nostalgic reminder of the past.
TNG is a mainstream, "no-one's feelings get hurt" show and we all generally like to agree on most of it's highs and lows.
DS9 is chaotic, filled with a multitude of intentions by posters as well as a multitude of legitimate opinions mixed with "orchestrated" ones due to the anonymity of the posters. Similar to the show, actually, and probably the most accurate in terms of the analogies.
ENT is basically a method of low-tier meme transferral and therefore the show is carrying older races, concepts, ideas with it but to a lesser extent. But this is wrong for reasons...
VOY seems about the rightest mainly because it's used in conjunction with a lot of visual episodes, a lot of quotables and panders to the prime directive's worst interpretations.
JJTrek is Facebook I suppose only through it's marketing making it everywhere, mostly in the more populated social media.

It doesn't always have to be on a ship, DS:9 proved that. The show they originally wanted had Lt. Worf teaching a generation of students at Starfleet Academy, learn to count your blessings.