/ff/ - Fantasy Football General

We're back, bitches. Time to get this season rolling.

>League Hosting
espn.go.com/fantasy/football/
fantasy.nfl.com/
football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
>Player and Team News
rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl
>Depth Charts
ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/
>Mock Drafting
fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mockdrafts

And for fuck's sake, if you want your mocks rated post league size, scoring, and format if it's not a 12-man standard snake.

TY Hilton is a steal

David Johnson will bust

I mean, almost any player worth drafting can be a steal if you get him in a late enough round? as for johnson I think his stock will play out well in the long run since once carson goes down (it's gotta happen sooner or later, I just feel it) they're going to need a bellcow to run that offense through.

I guess we should probably set up an official Sup Forums pick'em league too, and an eliminator/survival one.

Does sp have a fantasy league on yahoo?

as far as actual leagues go I don't think there's an official Sup Forums anything. people just set up their own leagues however they want, and some of them might use yahoo or nfl.com. espn is still used the most that I've seen, though.

ITT post your Fantasy team name
>Greg Hits Hard-y

I wanna join an /nfl/ fantasy league.

Where do I start?

BB's Kirin Suit

just lurk a bit, someone will post in here sooner or later about how they're starting one and need people, you'll have like 20+ chances without even really trying. the problem is finding a good one that actually shows up for the draft and stays active after week 3.

Trying to use 2016 memes
>Suicide Schaub
>Dab Newton
>FantaTSUUU Football

>as for johnson I think his stock will play out well in the long run since once carson goes down
But theyre gonna stack the box agaibst the run at that point
I think hes gonna blow it up desu

Those are good, I enjoy those

Peaceful draymondstrations

>Still no Youll Cowards
Why even bother with /ff/ threads anymore
Sadpepe.jpg

>tfw all white team
>defeated only once all season
>#1 spot, 1st bye week

>one and done in the playoffs

What do you guys think of Jordy? Worth it in the second round?

Bowe a bust

A BUST

Abbreviated BLM of course

isn't he on PUP right now? I'd wait and see.

He had a minor issue with his other leg I think, he'll probably be out for a couple weeks. For the purposes of the question though I'm assuming he'll be good to go for the start of the season.

>Packers
>health
pick one. they have had several major players get hurt every year since 2010

probably a second rounder then, yeah. good enough to be some people's WR1, he's the primary target on a passing team with a good QB, but unlike some of the better options his team actually has an RB so that will bump him out of the first.

>Buck Lives Matter
>All about that Bosa
>Freaky Zekiel
>Tunsillectomy
>

What about
>Freaky Zekey

Best D/ST?

I have a feeling the Broncos are going to regress a bit.
Iggles might be better with Jim Schwartz and as always Sproles at PR.

What's a realistic top 3?

Panthers
Seahawks
Chiefs
Texans

some to consider

WRs don't come back from ACLs.

Cardinals should be up there

How many points do you think having a single decent quarterback adds to Hopkin's season

Standard mock

r8

not as much as you may think

with lamar miller they're going to run it a shit ton

hopkins is being way overdrafted

>could have had Charles
>drafts Freeman instead

honestly i dont like it much at all

freeman is very likely to regress, his first half in the season was a bit of a perfect storm and i dont think it'll happen again. there are better players at 10

the cowboys will be a run first team and dez is coming off a foot injury. i'd take allen robinson over him.

cooks is great

hurns won't get as many garbage time td's as he did last year

melvin gordon is terrible

want your guys' unbiased opinion on carlos hyde, our team is currently battling kaep and gabbert for QB time and our best receivers right now are torrey smith and bruce ellington. hyde is ranked around 15th on most ADP boards right now though.

Hyde is going to be doomed by the 9ers being behind the entire season, also a shitty o-line.

So everyone at work plays this shit, and they invited me this year (I follow Hockey like a faggot)

How do I learn shit so I dont embarrass myself?

Rate my mock draft (12-man standard,, 11th pick)

>QB - Drew Brees
>RB - Lamar Miller
>RB - Doug Martin
>WR - Kelvin Benjamin
>WR - Eric Decker
>TE - Delanie Walker
>FLEX - Michael Crabtree
>K - Stephen Gostkowski
>D/ST - Carolina Panthers

BENCH:

>QB - Marcus Mariota
>RB - Tevin Coleman
>RB - Jerick McKinnon
>WR - Sterling Shephard
>WR - Victor Cruz
>WR - Travis Benjamin
>TE - Eric Ebron

>how do I learn shit
Is this really a question? You learn shit by looking shit up constantly and learning from experience just like anything else. The only difference between things is what you need to learn. Fucking retard.

You went off-course near the end, there. I didn't take Hurns or Gordon.

yeah i'm retarded lol

I see him as a fringe RB2 due to the line issues and the general lack of talent

My gut says no to taking carlos hyde but my head says take him
my gut is usually right in these battles so im staying away

honestly the only picks i like are cruz and baldwin
i strongly dislike every single other pick you made

Would you rather pick 1st or 12th in a 12-man standard?

I gotta go with 1st, although I'd take 10th in a 10-man.

1st.

statistically, picking last puts you at a disadvantage in a odd-number round draft.

1st

I like picking in the middle though, that way if you see runs on certain positions coming you can get the guys you're targeting before they go

3rd-7th is the sweet spot

What's the worst position to pick first?

you mean other than memeshit like kicker and defense?

TE, every season.

Kicker, obviously.

>tfw FFC will never have 16-team rooms

fucking hell, is it just me or did ESPN remove NFL Pick'em and Eliminator? I'm hoping I'm just being retarded and can't find it.

There is literally nothing wrong with drafting Gronk at 10-12.

>mfw autodrafted in money league
>mfw won league
>mfw friends are eternally shook

>mfw im gonna do it AGAIN

smart players wouldn't touch gronk until mid 2nd round at the earliest

I'm considering playing GoyKings this season if New York can get the gambling lobby's dick out of its mouth.

How much money can I make if I play in a $25 pool (Or is this a question for /bet/)?

championships are won with waivers and trades
draft day dont mean shit

dont do it senpai
its a scam. not scam as in rigged. There are people who create 100 different teams every week. assuring themselves a top spot

Bell owner should I give up a 2017 1st round for Deangelo Williams? I'm thinking about going after this guy's Arian Foster as well.

SUPER SECRET OFFICIAL STANDARD TOP 12:

1. AB
2. ODB
3. Julio
4. Gurley
5. AD
6. Bell
7. Hopkins
8. Ezekiel "Neener neener girlfriend beater" Elliot
9. David Johnson
10. Gronk
11. Allen Robinson
12. AJ Green

>drafting Freeman

>super secret
>posting Yahoo's top 12 default

literally didn't even remember that yahoo existed lad

What do you guys use for Draft Day? Whether its on a site or its a live draft with other managers what do you like to have in front of you for reference?

For me....
My league has been doing live drafts in person for the past 10 years So there is no search or updating list.

In the past I have just printed out a Top 300 list from ESPN and the Draftboard version of Fantasy Football Calculators ADP. And crossed off names as they were called out.

It can get a little hectic though because I have some dopes calling out names so far down the list that I have trouble finding them. I once tried to also have a 3rd list of Top 100 for each position, and that was quite frantic.

The weird thing is I like to have all this but by Round 8 or so I stop giving a fuck and toss the lists out because I'm usually drunk enough to have the confidence to draft from my gut, or I'll have sleepers/rookies/personal-fav reaches in mind that I just go for.

I know a "pro" wouldn't need to rely on lists but sometimes it just goes so quick and you forget who's there and who's not.

I would just do one list but sometimes seeing the one list puts a bias in my head. I like to have two from different sources because it reminds me to think for myself.

Also, how bad was this?

Pretty weak at WR.

Throwaway league did an early draft. How'd I do, famalams?

Are you going to be doing a league again this year?

Jags are probably high risk high reward.

Pretty horrible, actually.

I had the last pick of the draft, my options were kind of shit to begin with.

This is fucking disgusting.

Vince Willfuck

Post the draft recap, I guarantee you just fucked up. Your only good pick is Green.

Brees is consistent every single year, and I would think Hilton should be good this year with Luck not being a complete bag of shit. Matthews should be a high volume starter, so he at least just fills a spot, and Edelman is a flex play for 4 weeks and then an easy every week start, I would think.

I didn't think this was a particularly great draft, but "maximum garbage" wasn't really what I was seeing here, either.

>Bell fell to you but you didn't take him
>took literal devonta fucking freeman instead

saged reported and called the cops

Looking at the board TY wasn't a bad pick, but you should have taken JStew or Lat Murray over Deadelman. Matt Jones might have fumbleitis but his ceiling is infinitely higher than shitty Ryan Matthews, who not only is always injured but still has Sproles stealing half his touches. I would have gone with Delanie Walker over Brees too.

You could have just taken Rivers or Eli from the 8th round or so on and gotten nearly equal production to Brees for a much lower cost.

r8?

>Shady lasted until pick 39

everyone in this league is bad

I had regrets about Bell later on, but in the moment I didn't want to ass around with filling a bench spot for 5 weeks and needing another RB when I already feel like RB's are threadbare.

Ryan Matthews was basically an "aww fuck it" flier because I want to see what he does under the new staff.

Brees is a fair point, but I got sold on him early on and fixated too much.

bruh

Holy shit these rankings are horrible.

>DJ the #1 RB after having one (1) huge week and being otherwise unspectacular
>Jamaal "Exploding Knees" Charles above Gurley when probably 40% of his snaps will be lost to Charc and Ware

I'd love to draft with people who think they're accurate though.

2nd Annual Sup Forums Money FF League

-16 Teams
-QB, RB, WR x2, Flex x2, K, DST
-3 Bench Spots
-1 IR spot

Draft Time: TBD

1st place - 50$ gift card
2nd place 25$ gift card
3rd place 10$ gift card

Last Year's Winner: Big Ben's Dragons

Dedicated applicants only. If you can make this your Main Fantasy Football league then post an Email. I do not accept applicants that join more than 2 leagues in a season. Last season was a huge success with 13 of the 16 owners staying active all year.

To the post above me. Is there monetary inout from us or are the gift cards provided? I would be very down to try it out.

>1 less RB
>no mandatory TE
>extra RB/WR/TE flex
>adds up to 1 less starter total
>only 3 bench spots since its 16-man
>1 IR for mid-season wiggle room
this is actually pretty interesting and probably a nice way to do 16-man. did you modify the scoring too, or is that just standard? sounds like there's no keepers either, right?

Entrance fee?
PPR?
Snake or auction draft?

Need some more details my man

Who /zero RB/ here?

explain

Long story short: You draft only WRs/high end TEs on the first 4/5 rounds.

After that you draft 2 pass catching RBs or RBs that have the potential to be 3 down runners i.e. Duke Johnson and Dion Lewis

>wasting high picks on TEs

c'mon man

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he only means Gronk.

doesn't that mean you'll just get price gouged when trying to trade for a bellcow RB1 with the pieces you picked up? or did you mean actually playing with the players you drafted like that? either way I wouldn't do it, the absolute latest I draft my RB1 is round 3 and RB2 at round 5, but usually I try to get them by the 2nd and 4th.

Yea with a 16 man league the biggest problem is always FA pool depth. The small bench helps that. I decided not to have a TE spot because good TEs with consistent point output is already thin even in a standard 12 man league, so I instead just made it into a Flex spot.

Keepers I haven't decided. I wanted to do it last year with the 1st one but I wasn't sure how much retention I would get with owners

No entrance fee, mainly just a strict application process since I don't want anyone that will easily quit if they start off bad which I try hard to make it so there are actual comebacks. Big Ben's Dragon actually was below .500 for the first 4 weeks of the season and managed to win the whole thing

PPR
Snake draft.

I'll edit it to include those

well also you can afford to have a smaller bench if the variety of positions you need to have starter spots for is larger, so for example if it had no RBs or WRs either, just more FLEX, then you could feasibly make the bench even smaller despite being at the same level of FA depth due to being a 16-man league. not that we should do that, just trying to illustrate the point.

speaking of retention, how many of your old owners look like they'll be coming back this time? that makes me curious too.

what are your thoughts on half PPR? the times I've played in full PPR leagues it almost feels like the meta is a different beast entirely sometimes. not that that's necessarily bad.

One right now that I know of. I'm trying to get the others back 7 or 8 of which were /nfl/ trips and most of them I haven't seen post yet, but when I do I ask if they want back in. Big Ben's Dragons gets a reserved spot since he is returning champion

Sounds awesome.

I'll go make an email specifically for this and drop it in here.

What website? ESPN? Yahoo?

Points has been one of those things that I have been tweaking every year. I always perfer PPR over Standard. Usually my tweaks put some stuff at a half PPR.

Its ESPN

yeah the two biggest issues I've seen in league scoring (outside of irregular stuff like IDPs I mean, just typical rosters) is the amount of PPR, and the weight and yards rate on passing TDs. other than that, I don't see many people having much issue with scoring.