Why isn't it talked about more?

Why isn't it talked about more?

>99% asian cast like it should be
>actually hot sex scenes with qts
>amazing sets
>mongolian throat singing
>great characters and goat vilain
>best kung fu-fighting ever done in a serie

It got lambasted by """critics""" for being """""racist"""""". They bitch and moan about humble, loyal Marco Polo and his whiteness whilst turning around and sucking Mother of Burgers on Game of Throne's cock.

>great characters
I mean the show looks great, Kublai was GOAT, but Marco sucked.

New season coming soon so there will be threads

>It got lambasted by """critics""" for being """""racist""""""

[citation needed]

You people may not realize this, but some months ago they came out with a 100 Eyes prequel standalone. It's good.

Historically inaccurate shit with a terrible main character.

Though I did pop wood when that one bitch did a naked cartwheel to kill some ninjas.

It was fantastic!

you can't fool me netflix shill

Not sure, watched it on netflix and was hooked by episode 3. Waiting for Marco Polo season 2 as bad as i waited for Daredevil season 2.

It sure was, hundred eyes was an amazing character.

please tell me this is some prank by mook

Marco Polo ruins the whole thing. He belongs in Game of Thrones.

just your pc, faminem

but it's only happening on the tabs+windows i have Sup Forums open in

>make a series with the Mongols
>it isn't about Hulagu and Möngke
Dropped

Somethings up with your browser or your PC. Have you noticed any other problems?

hiroshima wants you gone

I can't see him and not think of Bam Margera

>le mysterious blind ninja man gary stu

no, tried restarting browser but it doesn't work, everything works in IE will try erasing cookies

>wrench symbol in upper right
>advanced
>scroll down to custom css
>blink, .blink {
-webkit-animation: none;
-moz-animation: none;
-o-animation: none;
animation: none;
}
>and apply
your welcome

found the problem, deactivated Sup Forums x and it just stopped

The Problem is he is the straight man. I get that you need a straight man to explain things to but that should have been dropped 3 Episodes in.

The Guy is apparently an Omniglot, Ship Builder and Engineer. He is learning Martial Arts at an accelerated rate. The Guy is fucking Batman and they write him like a putz.

don't forget
>Kublai Khan is absolutely based

It would be so much better if not for the martial arts bullshit.

>Marco Polo learns Kung Fu from a blind Chinese guy

I'm not making this up. People who haven't seen the show probably think "wow, that's a lazy troll" but no, I swear to god, Marco Polo actually learns Kung Fu from a stereotypical blind kung fu master.

The show makes up for it in showing full frontal nudity, though. 6/10.

Really?

Yeah and he gets his shit wreckt by the Cricket Minister, training or no. It's not like he becomes Neo.

If you just wanted an asian drama I guess you can just watch subbed asian drama from 1980 with 2 dollar production values.

Problem really is that Marco Polo in real life didn't do anything in China besides observe and perform his duties as a member of Kublai's court. So they had to come up with some bullshit for the protagonist to do.

Also his dad and uncle didn't sell him into being a political hostage irl, they were stuck in China with him but I guess the writers wanted some extra drama.

Kublai is the best fucking character in the show. He just wants to finish his grandfather's conquests but he's surrounded by fucktards.

Or he could be a vaguely historically accurate Italian instead of some Hunger Games/Game of Thrones prettyboy with no culture or personality.

so where are the sex scenes ?

I didn't like it, it just felt like it was trying too hard to be Game of Thrones I was bored four episodes in Marco Polo was overpowered, it just felt like I was watching an overproduced docudrama that was supposed to air on PBS before Netflix picked it up.

My point wasn't that he was overpowered or anything, but the very fact that there was something as totally cliche as a blind Kung Fu master ruined my immersion completely. It was the only thing that felt out of place.

Granted
Skinny alllooksames =/= QTs
Sets are fine
Agreed I like that shit
Who the Chinese dude, he's pretty typical
Not much of an accomplishment

It's a TV show.

Asian and Asian-style cinema loves Gary Stus. The Ip Man films are fun but holy fuck that dude is portrayed as Chinese Jesus.

I really didn't like the Marco Polo character. He felt bland and sort of.. fake? I don't know.

The rest of the cast was ok though, except for . He felt like a generic "U rack disiprin!" character.

Can you guys post some examples of the nudity

other guy here

it's still blinking after your fix

thank you

Does anyone know how the Netflix original series economic model works?

This show was fucking absurdly expensive. Like more than a GoT season and nobody watched it. How do they calculate those losses / profits?

Shit was very good.

The show isn't meant to be taken that seriously, senpai

It's loosely based on the accounts of a guy who may or may not have been full of shit to begin with, written 5 centuries ago

Same shit happened to me for a few seconds and then stopped.

Well this is just a guess, but I suspect they did market research and concluded it was important to have a show in this style as part of their core line-up. With the popularity of GoT, it's a reasonably safe bet, and it contributes to whether or not people decided to sign up for Netflix.

I think they focus less on an individual show's performance and more on it being part of a bigger picture that brings in customers.

They should have spent that money on an actual epic medieval series
I'd say lord of the rings, but they'll never get those rights

Eragon? The film did shit and is supposed to be a pretty decent book
Or fuck it and do an actual war of the roses series
Or any of the settings from the assassin's creed games

Marco Polo.. it just doesn't scream epic
I haven't seen it to be fair
Is it actually worth watching?

It's mostly camp mixed with some decent material.

>Eragon is supposed to be a pretty decent book

Literally fantasy Star Wars, written by a 15 year old whose parents had a publishing company.

>Eragon? The film did shit and is supposed to be a pretty decent book

I didn't even knew this existed. I'm gonna check it out on my free time.
Thanks, and also fuck you if it turns out you were just shilling shitty tv

>no Khutulun to wrestle you to the ground

He is not. Everything, but the main character is absolutely great.

Kublai is GOAT