Hey Sup Forums I'm starting college in a few weeks. What's your best advice regarding doing well, having fun...

Hey Sup Forums I'm starting college in a few weeks. What's your best advice regarding doing well, having fun, getting laid, etc.

getting laid is a myth, this isn't American pie, study you sperg.

which school?

Pick one, having fun or doing well.

Just be yourself.

You're wrong about the fuckin, you cant put thousands of 20 year olds in one place and not have fuckin occuring

Not gonna say, but I'll be majoring in chemical engineering

this

dont waste your money on a shit degree

Adhd pills help a shit ton

user, you faggot.

The trick is creating a day that you won't regret tomorrow, while not creating a tomorrow you'll regret. Invest yourself in your studies, find things you enjoy, do said things, don't make fucking a priority--getting laid, especially for you op, is a very temporal thing--and place a priority on hanging out with people you like, rather than worrying whether or not the people you hang out with like you.

Live for you in the best way, one that lasts 'til tomorrow, so that when tomorrow comes, you won't regret today.

Now fuck off.

tfw you have to pay for college

Study constantly, focus on school 99% of the time and learn all you can.

For off-topic stuff like English, take the easiest classes possible. For classes relevant to your major, do NOT shy away from difficult classes, and do not take easy classes for high marks. You learn nothing this way.

Ask questions and visit professors during their office hours for help/advice/questions for two reasons: 1) they do actually know a lot and you can learn new things that no one else in class will and 2) honestly, putting in face time helps in case you ever need letters of recommendation or a reference, and it can help your grades because they recognise you and know you worked your ass off.

Study sessions with cute girls can end well sometimes~

There is a balance between doing well and having fun. My GPA took the biggest hit my freshman year because I was having too good of a time. Find the balance OP, schoolwork first but you'll know when its time to have fun. You'll be able to gauge what places are lame and not worth you're time, and the legit party places where you go to get laid. Takes some time to figure it out but, you're an engineer, most engineering takes some significant work and pays off ten fold in the later years. School first, party second. Both are for sure attainable

Smoke weed instead of getting drunk all the time.

don't bother with college. it teaches workers to stay between the lines.

enjoy the crippling debt and no guaranteed job.

do a startup

Don't let people take over you. Try to make or not make friends and move on to your task at hand.

Yeah having sex is a myth just focus on your studies and dont slack off and youll be done this is my last semester and it went by so fast college is great man

starting my second year in a few weeks, so i feel like i have the bare bones down.

there are probably going to be a ton of festivals for recruiting new students to clubs, giving tours around campus, explaining the basics, random seminars. do all of these things (especially the ones that interest you.) even if you don't get a ton of knowledge from them, you still get eased in to the campus environment and you'll meet a few people in the process.

join some clubs. like 3-5. even if you drop all but one after the first week, that's fine, everyone does it, and hopefully at least one club will stick and you'll get some kind of social group from that. you're going to need some kind of social interaction, no matter how introverted you are, and a once-or-twice-weekly club meeting is the perfect way to get your dose of that in a structured environment that won't hinge on your own social abilities. if you get a friend group from there, perfect. that's how i found my current roommates and we're all Sup Forums-dwelling Pathfinder nerds.

Schedule yourself. This is especially important if it's your first year away from home. Get a calendar or a planner if you need to, and block out times during the day/week that are meant specifically for studying/homework, club meetings, class time, work, etc. Everything else is free time to do whatever you please, and it's the most important time block of all, tbh. I don't know about you, but by giving myself structure like that it's easier for me to stay caught up and feel like I know what I'm doing. Even if the world is crashing down around me, I have my schedule to stick to and remember. (Obviously you can change your schedule as many times as you like, but it's good to keep it consistent.)

tl;dr Be consistent and try to make friends.

If you think your gonna get laid it's not going to happen best thing to do is go to lunch and sit at a table with people and ask them about their major, do a ton of activities, join groups, talk to people in your class, make study groups,go to the gym, the library, student union and talk to people cashiers doesn't matter, get an on campus job. Do any of those things and you'll find more friends then you could ever imagine. Also don't be afraid of getting out of your comfort zone.

I'm basically gonna kill myself academically. I'm getting a degree in drama to be a stand up comedian and going into acting. Where I'll promptly kill myself for dooming myself in my early year by destroying any chance I had of getting an engineering ddegre by not even knowing basic algebra. Stay cool user.

One more thing.

Remember that you SHOULD go to every class, but that if you have more important priorities you CAN skip. If you know that Economics 112 today is going to be dull stuff you already understand and you have a test coming up in Philosophy 221 that you're scared of, you can skip class and go to the library to study for the test. Nobody will judge you or notice, especially in those huge lecture hall classes.

Go into it without expectations. That way, if nothing special happens, you're not disappointed. You're not guaranteed parties and pussy, so study and make friends and make the most of your time there.

Download the Google Calendar app and enter everything you have planned. Including classes, study time, work, events, laundry time.

This is either tanner cryder or michael moldovan. Im leaning more towards tanner cryder

Indeed. OP, you're going into Engineering; it's important to learn about risk management and think analytically about how you spend your time.

If an unfinished assignment that'll take a couple hours, but is worth 0.5% of your grade, and you have an exam tomorrow worth 20%, it may be worth it to skip the assignment to study for your exam.

Sometimes skipping all classes is a good idea, even -- if the professor literally lectures from the textbook every class, you can skip that class entirely and just read the textbook. You have to have great discipline, but this can improve your grades. I had an Econ 101 class like this: my grades were higher than my classmates, actually, as I could spend that 1.5h of the lecture more productively by myself.

If you are a STEM major then you will not have any time to party and life will be fairly miserable and resentful. This is because you see all the bullshit majors being able to play frisbee out in the lawn of the student union and talk about going to clubs and parties while you have to bust your balls,

Dont be that faggot op focus on your studies and get the fuck out college is a fun experience but dont be that guy who just goes to party and get laid youll never accomplish anything in life so fuck off

Wut?

Best advice I can give is to plan everything, schedule schedule schedule. Put as much shit as you can think of on a time table and then stick with it. Fun always comes after responsibility. And the entire getting laud thing is untrue for the most part, for me anyway. I didn't get a lot of college pussy until AFTER when I had a nice big wage to get the bitches wet for me.

Focus on your career. You'll have little time for yourself if you do want to ace or do very well on your classes. On your senior year, go nuts but for now make some friends

Forget getting laid. You'll get better pussy after you graduate and become successful.

Along with studying really hard ... NETWORK. Join professional associations, attend presentations and talk to the presenters.

DO attend parties to get to know your peers and make friends but don't be that guy who's getting drunk all the time. You're trying to build relationships that will open doors for you after graduation.

Seriously, put off pussy until after you've graduated.

Actually pay attention to class, never skip, never be late, study the work and your notes. Getting a good grade actually matters for a change.
For girls just got to parties and be a talker

This dude is on base. Take the easy classes for shit that doesn't matter take the hard classes with good instructors that do. Go talk to the instructors. Girls want be hard to get. Go have fun stay caught up on your school work pussy will happen

Beta detected.

Get laid all you want OP, so many slutty 18 year olds, even a good amount of hot virgins wanting to lose it. You're not going to have this chance again.

If it's Purdue or Rose Hulman, remember you can have it all and NOT be a douche. Important***.
Also, good luck at school m8

Rush a fraternity second semester, join a club and work hard/play hard

School advice: Don't expect college to turn you into someone is is ready for a career in (whatever you want a career in). Start pounding the pavement early. Talk to the career center before the last 4 weeks of your senior year. Check into any internship programs that may be available. Talk to your professors. If you treat college just like high school (show up and do just enough to get the grades) then you'll leave with a degree but you won't know anything and will have wasted a lot of money.

Social advice: Say yes to everything. At least until your socializing pretty regularly. They're will be a lot of freshman events that you can attend and they'll probably sound lame, but go anyway. Talk to people.

College faggot here

Remember in high school when you graduated and you had a bunch of fun that came naturally along the way? Remember when even if you focused on making friends or getting laid it could never be forced and it had to just come naturally? Remember when you wished that you focused more on school and slacked off less and didn't focus on that girls ass that you thought was thicc?

This is literally the same shit. It's your second chance, only this second chance is way more important. Don't make the same mistakes and fuck it up, focus on your grades and let the friends and girls come.