If time travel were possible, why doesn't anybody came to visit us...

If time travel were possible, why doesn't anybody came to visit us... UNLESS humans die before we could invent a time machine! any thoughts?

or complex, reality breaking technology doesn't exist.

you dont believe we eventually can break that barrier?

or you can only go back as far as when the time travel technology was created (like creating a worm hole that can be used to travel to this exact time-space)

If.

but how would creating time travel technology create a waypoint in the timeline

>visit us
Well they obviously wouldnt visit a bunch of faggots on a Somalian Trading Card image board. How's to say they havent come back to hang out incognito?

Because time machines dont work unless the song Crazy Train is being played, and, in an upcoming war, all music is destroyed.

Maybe people have successfully made time machines but didnt realize that our galaxy cluster is traveling like 350 miles a second. And so they traveled back or forward in time and end up in empty space and thus die and cannot reveal to us that their machine worked.

I don't think anybody can create a machine to pin point a certain date in time to go back to. If anyone has traveled they probably went back to a random ass time they didn't intend on going to.

Im 100 % sure that anyone who travels time ultimately stops himself from discovering and using it in the end

you can only travel forward in time because it would not change your time line.

thats something i believe too, but still if we somehow alter time space line

i like the incognito part

because it would be a bad thing or just very scary

Or they came back messed everything up and then someone fixed all without us knowing

Maybe time doesn’t exist. It’s a construct developed by humans to handle their mortality.

could very well be, but if time doesnt exist and we have some sort of motion. wouldnt it be possible to alter this "motion" we call time

Butterflies

because time isnt already set, there is one motion of the universe and it is to go back on what is already there assuming it is in some way stored that is time travel.

i love the movie, any other suggestions? i might even watch it right now

Primer

do you mean that time is static and already certain

Actually, time travel IS possible, but due to the OBSERVERS PARADOX, you can't interact with the past. Any change to the timeline causes a CASCADE EFFECT that prevents you from going into the past. Also, due to the INFINITE FUTURE THEOREM, going to the future will put you in any one of an INFINITE number of possible futures, not necessarily the one you will end up in.

Time is just another dimension, just like the three dimensions of space. When you go back in time (if it is possible) any changes that you make stay in that exact moment of time, they do not influence anything that happens afterwards. Think about it, if you move something in space, the things in front of it or behind it do not change position. The same happens when you change something in the dimension of time. If someone were to go back in time and start fucking shit up, everything would pop back the way it was the moment that person left the past. Which means that there probably will be a time machine made sometime in the future, only the changes that we make to the past wont have any influence on the future.

It could also be a question of ancient phenomenon of “perpetuum mobile” – a self-driving, self-regenerating instance. Maybe human’s mission is become the first one of the kind.

Cognito is a shit hole

many researchers believe travelling back in time may be impossible but going forward in time is possible.

what if you stayed in the same time when you fuck up shit. will you then enter a parallel universe?

You can't travel backwards in time.
It is conceptually impossible.
You are always travelling forward.

seems the most logical yes, i've heared most scientist think that thats the thing

Time travel into the past is impossible within the same universe. You can however travel into the past but into a different universe, i.e. you can go back and kill Hitler, but this has no effect on your native universe, only on the new one you entered when you went back. There's no paradox. So, it is possible that this universe was created as a result of someone traveling back in time, but it could have been some dopey alien a million light years away a million years ago who went back two hours to watch an epic handegg game all over again.

Time exists. Relativity proves it. That's why if you travel at certain speeds, or are in the field of a black hole you'll age at a much slower rate than someone who stays on earth.

>epic handegg game all over again.
Topkek

+1

Unless you find some twisted method of manipulating beyond the third dimension, you'll only ever go forwards.

Time is very real, and it *is* the fourth dimension. Every living being perceives time at a different point and at a different speed. Think of a fourth-dimensional being, which would be able to traverse length, width, and height to get to a certain location, like the third dimension. Only, once they arrive to the same location, they can walk in a direction that we could not even begin to perceive and arrive at their destination before they left their previous location. Or so it would seem, to us.

Trump wins, all the scientists races to make the machine complete, but they are killed from all nuclear fallout.

Dumb children talking about time travel like they knew anything about it. This is more entertaining than time travel itself.

This, it would take too much energy to travel through time, most certainly for recreational purposes. If we had the technology, it would be very dangerous I would imagine for everything around it. Only to be used under the most seriously of circumstances.

This is the future we are talking about, humans have been replaced by cyborgs by that time and they are not retarded like we are, probably.

>dumb children calling dumb children, dumb children
trips checked.

time travel forward is done all the time

time travel backwards is impossible

that should help with your what i did this summer HS essay

>humans have been replaced by cyborgs
Implying we'll ever leave this rock.
I bet you tree fiddy.

Checked. And yes, their theories are extremely unrealistic and stemming off a lack of subject knowledge. More infuriating than entertaining, in my opinion.

Perhaps one can only time travel in a discorporeal or astral form. maybe we're surrounded by tourists from the future who are in some sort of state that disallows them from interacting with our present.

"we" won't. What comes after humans might I think. Personally I believe we will be replaced b robots in a couple hundred years. Just makes sense.

Again, time was made by humans to cope with mortality. Their cells don't divide any slower being a couple light-years apart. Aging happens due to chromosomes deteriorating, not speed at which the human orbits something

Time is an illusion.
Time is just a result of the expansion of the higgs field.

>Space-Time = Higgs field.

I think it might be possible to travel back in time, but since practically everyone has seen the Back to the Future trilogy, they realise what implications time travel might have and refrain from doing it.

>in a couple hundred years
This is what i mean user.
No way is that flying.

Which is it, a result of fields or a illusion? Why does everyone speak like this?

It's not an illusion, it's just not exactly as we perceive it to be.

Shut up! I've seen a lot of pop science videos so I know a lot about this!

>that feel when you know you will never travel the stars or time

meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH

What?

The theory is that you'll be able to time travel back to the time where the first time machine was invented. Sort of like a wormhole, you need 2 points to enter and exit.

So if it's possible, you'd need to actually invent the machine first.

>Taking a movie as a scientific fact

Danelians won't let us.

time travel is real

to say the least ive been here for a long time

If you traveled back in time wouldn't you be traveling to a stagnant moment in time. For instance you travel to today's date last year at 12:00pm. Wouldn't 12pm be the only moment you were able to see? Time would not continue to move as it had once done because that moment already happened. In order to see a moving past you would alter all events afterwards making that moment the present and no longer the past.

That isn't what happened user.
That's what you want to have happened so you can feel better about yourself.

Parallel Universes

LOOK AT THE TIME!

just come to terms with it op. she left and she is never coming back. even if you went back in time, do you really think you could do things any better? your whole life has been nothing but disappointment. one life was plenty. don't make everyone else have to go through the trouble and annoyance that is knowing you, again.

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.

My “time” machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

I will be happy to post pictures of the unit.

Damn autists always posting time travel on Sup Forums and the 16 year old 'science' genuses come out and start debating crap spewing nonsense that sounds smart in their heads like:
'you can only travel back to when you created the time machine'

Time travel in the context of travelling BACK in 'time' is not possible so SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT YOU SOUND LIKE COMPLETE IMBECILES.

Particles move around, Time is the relevant measure between particple interaction. You're going to build a machine and press a button and you will rewind particle interaction?

The universe exists in the moment, IF YOU COULD 'rewind' time you'd theoretically need to harbour more energy than the entire universe has. Goodluck constructing something inside the universe that contains more power than it.

Fuck off and go hoover your room or something instead of talking about time travel on Sup Forums

Being this mad and bored.

Time travel is real, but only if the multiverse theory is correct. And you will never arrive back into your own universe as a result of Time travel

>Not being able to return to this world
I'm ok with that

You could easily travel back into something much much worse

Not a constructive comment. Go kys.

What if this user was telling the truth and we all just disregard it?

So let me make it clear that measurements are made up, time is the measurement of life, none of this applies in the vacuum of space.

There is nothing worse than this.

Actually they do because Time is relative
If one was to travel a year at lightspeed in space and then returned back to earth. Everyone they know would be dead. Its very real,you can look it up

I feel you Sup Forumsro. This happens every summer.
All the wheelchair kids end up here and think theyre little Hawkings.

Time travel backwards isn't theoretically possible according to current physics.

The best we can acknowledge is time traveling to the future, mostly through some advanced conceptual physics that time slows when moving at very very high speeds.

Sorry bro, science has already proved you wrong. They can synchronize extremely precise atomic clocks and fire one in a rocket at very high speed and observe that the clock does not keep time at the same pace as the other one.

Summerfag bitching about things that happen in summer.... go back to the mindless tit thread you came from.

Nice dubs tho

>through some advanced conceptual physics that time slows when moving at very very high speeds
>some advanced conceptual physics
Wow user, this brand new conceptual theory sure looks complex!

>Not a constructive comment.
no u

You don't even know what you're talking about.

If you travel at lightspeed for a year and come back everyone would be dead?

Are you 13?

It goes more like this: Enter a zone that has slower time (dense gravitational zone = black hole exterior) and spend a year there and people outside of that zone will have spent more 'time' than you of their life cycle.

The zones you can survive as a human will theoretically only give like a 5-10% increase of 'time' throughout what your whole natural lifespan would have been on earth.
Now how far is the closest black hole?

whats that? you're not going to be able to reach it before dying from old age?

Well thats too bad. Go do something constructive instead of day dreaming about things that are never going to happen.

Is it possible that time travel does exist, but in using it, the traveler enters an alternate universe? Maybe we are the host line that discovers time travel, but are unable to travel back on our own line, only on others?

Time is relative to mass.

Woow so cool. Maybe we also get super powers when we time travel so i have trex x ray arms but i cant come back to be a hero on this world!

:(
SAD FACE

It's also possible that we are living in the shittiest stretch of the time stream. Like how people never visit rural Iowa.

It's the other way arround you dumb ass fuck. If you travel at the speed of light (which is impossible), "your" time will be much slower than ours, so if you spend a year traveling at the speed of light, everyone else will have experienced a lot less. I THINK that they would have experienced like, what, 0'000000000001 seconds? Maybe? I don't really remember.