Sony spent 400 million to advertise angry birds

>And now Sony Pictures Entertainment and game developer Rovio Entertainment are hoping to turn the addictive mobile app into a much needed summer box-office hit. Sony, which releases the movie Friday, is using every tool at its disposal to make sure the ill-tempered, multicolored flock is everywhere in sight.

>The marketing push, including promotional partnerships and the studio's own spending, has reached an estimated $400 million, making it the biggest-ever campaign for an animated Sony movie, according to executives at the company.
latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-angry-birds-sony-20160517-snap-story.html

is sony trying to suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/05/angry-birds-neighbors-2-the-nice-guys-weekend-box-office-1201760146/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's for a greater cause. Even Sony is tired of the liberal parasite.

it's a redpill movie. based sony

I can't wait till the actual movie screens and it's every bit a multicultural tolerance piece as any other movie and predictably so. alt-right on suicide watch after months chilling for a "red piled" movie.

Ghostbusters will help recoup the loses.

>is sony trying to suicide?
The same studio that's making a movie about food items that fuck each other in a supermarket?

i hope so, they have a hit on hands.

Just a reminder the anti-muslim message is just clever propaganda so people would go watch it.

It's actually about sex and the three birds have problems with getting bird pussy.

You've all been fooled fags

i bet the "redpill" stuff was just shoehorned into the movie to appeal to the Sup Forums/reddit audience.

>it's so controversial for a kids movie XD simply epic

what the fuck
isnt that more than BvS?

It's already in theaters here in Europe. It's red pill.

Gee I wonder who could be behind these posts

batman v superman had a 250 million budget + a 200 million advertisment

angry birds has i think 50-75 million budget with 400 million advertising

The red bird is angry because he doesnt get any pussy

The yellow bird is gay

The big black bird cums early

The pigs get pussy easily with all their tricks and that's why the flame war happens

looks like the marketing is working

>le juice so epic lmao fuck mudslimes XDD i'm at LEAST going to download this movie and viral it on 4chains LOL

Right because the Sup Forums and alt-right audience is large enough to impact their sales.

Just wait to see it faggot

You're either a shill or a retard,

here's the thing: they're trying to appeal to literally EVERYONE to MAXIMIZE their profit

fucking dullard

more layoff at rovio ahead

oy vey

They'll be okay so long as nothing big comes out next week.
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>Alice in Wonderland 2

Says the shill.

RASHEED

>>>/flickfilosopher/

>newfag thinks shilling is allowed here
>tells others to go back

>Alice in Wonderland 2
> a big release
X-men Maybe, but not a Tim Burton sequel

Advertising is indeed the heart of a business but fuck, that's retarded.

It's been in theaters for two weeks dude

Is Sony marketing staff retarded

>Sony
answered your own question there

Its a commercial for merchandise and the app.

Box office is a secondary concern.

The fuck is this from the future

what makes this film red pill

I must say though, I've become a huge fan of the brand as a result of the movie's marketing. Studios should market to right wingers more often.

There's implications that the holocaust was a hoax.

projected earnings

Professor shekelstien pls

Its already out in yurop

the bird is red andpill shaped

a faggot cuck?

>Sup Forums is just paranoid they said

>sandpiggers
Nice

>it's a neo Sup Forums gets baited into shilling for one of the greatest shekel orgies of all time

1. Angry Birds
2. Captain America: Civil War

Third. Weekend. Of. Release.

Everything is made for money, everyone is a shill.

Might as well make sure the right product succeeds.

Are those cumulative totals global or domestic?

>humongous marketing campaign
>for movie adaption of thing everyone had on their phones at some point

SONY SONY SONY SONY
SONY SONY SONY SONY
SONY SONY SONY SONY
SONY SONY SONY SONY

Red Pilling the world

Thank you based mobile game developers

More anons should watch this movie. It has a pretty high PMV

I'll spend a big chunk of my NEET allowance to see this message.

>the right product
>implying muslims aren't also enemies of the Jews
>implying the Hitler connection isn't the weakest part of that image

Thats a stretch

I'm protesting and not seeing this until Sony publicly apologizes for Ghost Busters and threatening to sue Bill Murray

BvS was dethroned by a Melissa McCarthy movie and Zootopia (which was release a month earlier)

>alt-right
SJWs think they can lump everyone who isnt them together under one banner.

Marvel was dethroned by a phone game.

Is that rip on Piratebay legit?

What is this bullshit of movies coming out at completely different times around the word? Usually here in the UK we have to wait months to watch an American movie in theatres, and even more strange is when you have situations like this where an American-orientated film released in Europe first.
Just fucking release everything at the same time, or at least within the span of a couple days

Well, it IS fucking everywhere

>50-75 million budget
how does it cost this much to make something like this?

So....?

Merchandise, you retard.

Marvel > furry movie > phone game > Melissa McCarthy > DC
lol

Lol who even plays angry birds anymore. I asked SOME year old kid about it, all THEY gives a fuck about is CROSSY ROAD and SLITHERIO now.

Soccer Mom game > Marvel

The weekend literally just started, and the opening day is the single biggest day for a film.
>angry birds $11 mil friday, likely $10 mil today, $9 mil sunday, $30 mill gross domestic

>civil war made $8.7 mil friday, will take $13 mil today and $10 mil sunday, $31.7 mil gross domestic

To get hype flowing.

As we mentioned previously, Disney’s Captain America: Civil War is set to grip No. 1 for the third sesh in a row with a -40% to -50% hold from its previous frame with $36M-$44M. Cap made $3.7M yesterday taking its second week cume to $90.97M and its running domestic total to $314.3M.

deadline.com/2016/05/angry-birds-neighbors-2-the-nice-guys-weekend-box-office-1201760146/

DELETE THIS

I can't handle that level of irony.

Heil hitler

>mfw Marvel/Disney threw everything they had at the 2016 Summer
>still underperformed
>good luck, Doctor Strange

Just wait, Justice League is going to blow everyone away.

jews fear the samurai

JUST

>still underperformed
DCucks can't into math

>Pig king actually called 'King Mudbeard'
>Mighty Eagle makes a sly reference to the 13 colonies
>Pigs inveigle their way into bird society, at first there are just two but hundreds more are hiding in the boat
>Pigs set up an office called 'Hamnesty International' to help fool the birds
>Sheriff bird is actually tiny and standing on the shoulders of another bird with a Jewish name who tells him what to do
>Psyciatrist who commits protagonist is called 'Dr Wingstein'
>Pig ship has a 'coexist' sticker on it where the 'C' is formed by an Islamic crescent moon

I could keep going.

>the bfg
RIP
AND
TEAR

Soccer Mom game > Marvel > DC
fixed

>didn't even match Iron Man 3
>with practically every Avengers character

Capeshit is OVER.

just saw it retard

>zootopia made $970 million
>jungle book made $830 million
>civil war passed $1bn today
Sure buddy, how will disney ever recover

So it's the usual Hollywood shekel machine and we shouldn't be shilling for it just because it slags off Mudslimes.

Just saw the movie today, these are all true.

>Sure buddy, how will disney ever recover

>telling your investors you got $1.5 billion in the bank, easy
>maybe not
>mfw

>we didnt get 1.5 bn guys, only 2.8 bn

Question.

Were the pigs originally "Islam" green in the games or were they made such for the movie?

>>Pig ship has a 'coexist' sticker on it where the 'C' is formed by an Islamic crescent moon
that bumper sticker exists way before this movie.
the fact it's in the movie is really interesting.

If they made a Doom Comic movie would you watch it?

Hell, they could just make it a 5-10 minute short and put it in front of another movie like Pixar does.

they were green in the games.
The King pig didn't have a beard though.

It did as good as it could for a Captain America movie.

To add to this: the coexist sticker has a pig nose for the O, where the peace sign usually is (religion of peace). Where the Star of David is normally there is a knife and fork for the X.

Furthermore, there is a VERY quick shot near the end of one of the eagle's pieces of memorabilia, and it is basically the Nazi symbol, the spread wings and all. Even is drawn in the same "orderly" straight shape.

It's not the same as the original Coexist, as I've stated previously.

Yeah, but they removed everything but the Muslim symbol. The 'C' is the Islamic crescent, the 'o' is a pig nose, and all the other letters are plain.

Oh, and then there's the horse-shitting-a-rainbow and Nazi eagle paintings in Mighty Eagle's house.

ok buddy

It did worse than possible for an Iron Man/Captain America movie.

Haven't seen that much media about.. with this much of a budget it should be The Force Awakens tier

It's mostly targeted towards refugee heavy countries, as a public service.

Advertisement about it is everywhere here in China.