In terms of everything but lyrics, this is the greatest hip-hop has ever been

In terms of everything but lyrics, this is the greatest hip-hop has ever been.
Even with its clipping and flawed mixing, nothing else comes close.
The first album of its genre to top a decade of music and a true game changer.
You cannot refute this.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_9VDCeoT1oOLXZESnJoMkpWamM/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You cannot refute this.

Sure, just as well as you cannot refute Brokencyde being the best musical act in human history because statements of musical taste are not truth-prone propositions.

music is power and a powerful conduit for the promulgation of ideas (as all art is)

this album was super effective at that

whether you like it or not

objectivity does not exist only power, influence, and context

The lyrics are still great in the album, not the best ever, but better then most lyricists work.

agreed OP

But Yeezus was better

I may be in the minority here, but I personally don't care for this record.

Where does it clip?

On every fucking track

Even lyrically, it's a gem. Obviously there are some base and ridiculous lines, but it speaks purely for young black American culture.

Agreed, though the terrible lyrics kinda have a charm to them.

There's a pic people post of the different versions of MBDTF in Audacity, the clipping is pretty bad. Someone post it.

Cool give me a song and a time then

It is the OK Computer, Dark Side Of The Moon, Revolver, Pet Sounds, and Exile On Main St of hip-hop.

Track 1 through Track 10, use actually good headphones.

that's TPAB

this is so ridiculous im laughing so hard because Kanye is a hack

you can't hear it when Nicki's voice comes in on the intro? Literally just listen the first 30 seconds of the album

>Grammy award winning, critically accalimed and voice of a generation artist
>a hack

Maybe in the same sense that Bono is a hack that's all I'll give you

Lol you literally can't give a specific time, clearly you know what you're talking about

not them, but I was curious and skipped through the songs
try Monster @ 1:00
the percussion sounds like it's clipping

Yeah I can hear it there, never noticed that before

dude it's everyone who hears the obvious clipping vs. you and just you

Logically who do you think is right here?

Yeah but if you knew you could easily give me a time and prove me wrong. I do hear the clipping but it sounds to me like you're regurgitating an opinion you read here rather than knowing yourself

>Worked on POWER for 5,000 hours
>Hack
Go back to your Beck, faggot.

Mike Dean said something on gearslutz forums about MBDTF along the lines of "mastering engineers who fight the loudness wars are hella gay. I'll never let an outsider master my mixes again, they sent it to multiband compression and limiting hell"

With miscegenation, right on the cover. At least niggers know their women are disgusting

Fuck a new Ye album just remaster this thing and that's all we need from him anymore

The first time Kanye enters the song ~0:47 is also very very bad, but I'll slide that as intentional.
Dark Fantasy @ 3:00 kind of sounds like clipping, 3:27 as well.
Runaway @ 5:37
Who will survive in america is just horrible throughout the whole song.

Too lazy to check every song. Some seem okay, some hard hard to tell due to distorted kicks / vinyl cracks on DIAND for example.

>uses generic 'best albums of all time' as examples

can you actually form your own opinion without rolling stone force feeding you?

>Grammy
Counts for nothing
>Critically acclaimed
Doesn't mean it's objectively good
>Voice of a generation
Generalisation of a generation. Not everyone is an egotistical, talentless madman

>putting X amount of time in
Doesn't make it great

It's almost as if those albums are universally agreed upon as great by almost everyone because they are the best. No one cares about your obscure indie shit

ty, yea man on listening for it it's pretty clear, actually sucks

he spent 3m making this album no wonder its the best.
if you gave death grips 3m we would have album of the decade already

okay I don't have shit to do. You made the original claim so please list your reasonings as to why you believe Kanye West is a hack artist

I'll wait

you're probably the same kind of idiot who thinks all big budget Hollywood movies must be good because they spent a lot of $$$

Apparently that part wasn't intentional and there seems to be an unmastered version of the album available.

Pic related is this excerpt right here: drive.google.com/file/d/0B_9VDCeoT1oOLXZESnJoMkpWamM/view

I don't read Rolling Stone.
You're fucking stupid. Ye works harder than your favorite artist.

I never understood this album. I'm not even a contrarian, I really try to at least understand popular things even if I don't like them

but this I don't get. I mean, it's catchy pop rap with a lot of quotable lines and hooks, so I understand why it's popular. but the critical claim I really don't understand

I've heard people claim it's rap's first visible attempt at being "art," but even that is far from the truth. not least within kanye's own discography

Eh, Death Grips are personally not my thing.
Listen to the album, you fucking imbecile. It was money well spent. Fuck you.

An increase in budget doesn't make up for lack of creativity or drive. Fuck you.

t. person who doesn't make art
i'm sure everybody kanye hired for the album for his ideas would have worked for free am i right
money plays hand in hand on how well an artist can proceed with his vision

And what do you consider art, dumbass?

okay how much money correlates to whatever measurable quantity of artistic talent? You should know since apparently the more money the better music right?

Why are we been spammed with this shitty Kanyetothe thread.
Go the **** back were you came from you ****.

what the fuck are you talking about? Kanye makes art. Music is art. Lots of shit is art.

Kanye is Sup Forumscore lmao how new are you little guy?

>okay how much money correlates to whatever measurable quantity of artistic talent?
never denied his talent. his vision payed off

> You should know since apparently the more money the better music right?
again never said that
My point is that the reason why this album is on such a higher level compared 2 other hip hop albums because he was able to get funding like they would a do a rock band or an opera.
Its clear you don't make art. even david bowie talked about this in a interview on how using money is key to be able to flesh out his ideas for concepts.

>apparently the more money the better music right?
he didn't say that. in fact, he said death grips would have done better with the same amount of money, so of course he doesn't think money is the only factor

That reasoning is defintely justifiable but I still don't believe if you gave, just for example because they were brought up earlier, Death Grips a $10m dollar budget that would magically produce a perfect album or even one of MBDTF's quality. You still need the creativity and talent, the money just helps

yeah i agree both are equally needed.
you can have all the creativity and talent but if you only have $500 to your name you'll end up like ariel pink beat boxing your drums

Been here since 09, wbu my pleb friend?

mhmm sure

>a 7/10 at best
>The greatest hip-hop album ever
it wasn't even influential lol

didn't have to be

It was perfect

>it wasn't even influential
You're literally fucking retarded, congratulations. This album influenced Bon Iver Drake Frank Ocean Kendrick Lamar and many more. It changed our entire decade.

accurate but Drake was before those, him and Cudi were 808 babbies

i think it's just that the scope of this album is so huge. not just sonically, even though the soundscapes themselves are big, but the concept. kanye's personality is at once exposed to everyone and yet no one knows what he lives like.

i don't know that in art that happens very often, that it seems like a perfect blend of genres, is accessible, has high aspirations that are realized, and kind of re-contextualizes an american worldview.

i think this album was really important for 2010. for me it will always be a classic, and in some sense a divide between 'then' and 'now'

Kek'd, please keep telling me about how lucky we're of breathing the same oxygen that Kanye shits in.

>MBDTD is better than other hip-hop albums because it had a larger budget
Lmao

I didn't say all that but for someone who's been here for 7 years not knowing one of the main Sup Forumscore artists is Sup Forumscore is a little hard to believe (aka bullshit)

>Not understanding the difference between: a thread made to dickride Kanye is something that a kanyetothe poster would make and Kanye been a Sup Forumscore artist.
Kek'd again.
You should go to reddit my friend, you'd feel right at home.

yeah because that's what you were originally implying in your first post yeah I believe you

>cudi
>helped on the album itself
>808 babies

yeah you have no idea what you're talking about

>Bon Iver
wow one hipster artist no one gives a fuck about

>Drake
tell me one drake song post-mbdtf that sounds like mbdtf
>frank ocean
I guess?
>Kendrick Lamar
not hearing it practically at all
>and many more
and the list goes on...
>it changed our entire decade
lol fuck off back to ktt with your hyperbolic bullshit you dick rider

Flockaveli was more influential and it's not even debatable

so just because he helped doesn't mean he wasn't also influenced by it? And do you know he only has writing credits for three songs?

You think you know what you're talking about but you have a basic understanding

>fuck off back to ktt

Oh this is the same idiot that didn't know Kanye wasn't Sup Forumscore lol

So he was influenced by an album that included his own songs? Lmao

Cudi doesn't even have a sound close to 808s so just stop. Kanye's influence is so overblown because you've drank the kool aid on his genius

>needs 193 writers on his newest album

what a genius, right guys?

was*

nope. I'm not. way to avoid my points though, you did an excellent job at that.

yeah he was lmao crazy right? Like how Travis said he was influenced by Mike Dean and Kanye's production on Yeezus for Rodeo even though he helped with that album too?

You need to go TO ktt so they can teach your ignorant dumbass

>go to ktt to learn
yeah I'm good haha

Except you can't even hear any 808s influence on the following Cudi albums at all. It's almost as if Cudi said some nice things about his friend...

And we're not talking about Travis, not that he matters. Travis is trash and who gives a fuck if kanye influences someone who is influenced by any rapper that isn't him. Travis steals everyone's sound and fails horribly.

so Kanye west didn't influence Cudi

Influence =/= sameness. Cudi would sound different had 808 not been released. That's a fact. And you still don't know what you're talking about

Travy is a biter, whether he sucks or not is what's irrelevant and has no meaningful input in our "discussion" which feels more like me lecturing a kid

Cudi had the same sound prior to 808s lol

>cudi would sound different had 808s not been released
>that's a fact

you have a window into other timelines?

No he didn't. A kid named Cudi is stylistically different than MOTM II

I don't have shit to do I can refute your idiotic statements all night, it's hilarious because of how little you know but how much you think you actually know

Take Care came out in 2012 though.

what's your point? So Far Gone came out in 2009. Thank Me Later was 2010.

I like how you left out MOTM I because you know that was a logical progression from AKNC, as MOTM II was from I.

You still have yet to "refute" my other points anyway. But keep calling me an idiot and regurgitating information you heard from others on how influential an album is. I'd give you 808s influencing Drake, and Trav, but that's it.

Wait, are you the one Kanye hater in this thread? If so, you still have yet to address my question. What music do you like, punk?

no the guy you're trying to talk to is he's the same guy who also thinks Kanye didn't influence Cudi

>What music do you like

Why do people who's artists get shit on always do this? As if it will somehow get them out of their hole in the argument.

cudi literally wrote half of 808's

Influence isn't linear lol. You can hear something and use it as an influence later

Never said that, I'm just downplaying 808s influence on Cudi. I'd definitely say earlier Kanye releases, had influence on Cudi. Nice strawman though ;)

he has 3-4 writing credits, that's not half of that album, you don't know what you're talking about

Yet all you could say was MOTM II was "stylistically different" failing to acknowledge that neither MOTM I or II sound anything like 808s

t. freshman nihilist

You're not downplaying you were trying to completely negate it. Then you got proven wrong and changed your stance just like you did when you said you've been here for 7 years but didn't know Kanye was Sup Forumscore. Please keep entertaining me.

that's not me quads for the second time. do you need proof?

Negate is what I meant, I still don't think 808s had any real tangible influence on Cudi based on the albums after. Chill out bro, you still haven't even given an example of 808s influence on either motm 1 or motm II

I mean I don't know how I can point out influences with a time frame on a track. If you truly don't believe 808s influenced Cudi then I guess we just agree to disagree at this point

Because a Grimes fan for example has no place talking shit about Lord Ye.