Cape Town - Only five white players will be allowed in future Proteas starting XIs, a newspaper report indicates

>Cape Town - Only five white players will be allowed in future Proteas starting XIs, a newspaper report indicates.

>This comes after the board of directors of Cricket South Africa (CSA) last week approved the decision to introduce targets for all national teams.

>“In the past we had never set targets in our national teams but with changing circumstances we feel it is essential to move with the times,” CSA president and chairperson of the board, Chris Nenzani, said last week.

>“The precise targets will depend on work to be undertaken by relevant committees to determine what is realistic and sustainable. This will be announced in due course,” he added. “We will aim to achieve our targets over the course of the year and not on a match by match basis.”

>limiting the number of minority players

Would never fly anywhere else.

>stupid people do stupid shit: let's make a thread about it
>402 replies, 70 images

based GODiel

They had an article on espncricinfo that said a lot of the players are upset with CSA over both this and the fact that CSA doesn't pay much so all the good players have been spending their time in the private t20 leagues which pay US dollars and haven't been giving a fuck about national cricket

Look at guys like AB and du Plessis and they're playing every meme 20 league that will take them

dont the swedish speakers control your country?

The Proteas up until a few years ago were the only good thing about Africa.

Time to just nuke the continent now I think

Why not just post this on /cric/?
Does it really deserve a thread?

ABDV to India when?

If all the other sports can have multiple threads, why not cricket?

cricket isnt a sport

FUCK GENERALS

AND FUCK YOU

Surely ICC has rulings against this?
I believe technically the Boks should be banned by IRB because they have quotas.

I wanted the BSAs to bite lol ANYTHING to do with race and they come flocking but it didn't work :/

Also it is kinda bigger than just cricket.

Kill yourself you circlejerking redditor.
YOU are literally what is killing this board.

It might get there. Remember they WERE banned for ages because of Apartheid and not letting blacks into the team. They are essentially not letting whites into the team so it isn't much different. The ICC doesn't have much power over the boards though, as seen by a bunch of them not using DRS, little consistency between domestic structures etc

PS sick meme flag do you live there? Do you go to any of the meme tournaments they host? It honestly feels like Jersey hosts 70% of the lower ICC events.

It's not the same though, I don't want to go full Sup Forums but discriminating against white people doesn't cause as much uproar.

Yes I live in Jersey, No I don't go to the matches, though I easily could, one of my mates is in the team so I should watch them. They have seem to host every ICC World League they are in and then get promoted to a league they don't host then get relegated.

Uhhhh Racist and sexist much daniel?

Seems fair to me. If anything there should only be one or two whites in the team to accurately represent the ethnic makeup of their country. I hope they reduce it further in the future.

Only /cric/ could reach these levels of ass devastation Ina matter of seconds ds. Keep up the shit work, lads.

It kinda does, pretty much every CSA post on facebook is dripping with Saffers giving them grief for it, and obviously TONS of the players agree too. But yeah I doubt the ICC are going to intervene on this, the most likely thing would be an internal coup from disgruntled players. There are literally enough ex-Saffers in county cricket to form their own side.

Your narrative is falling apart.

Execute all namefags.

Kinda proves my point, discriminate against Saffers: Get Saffers posting on FB going mad over it
Discriminate against anyone else: International headlines, boycotts out the arse, kicked out of world sport.

Tbh surprised more Saffers haven't left, KP saw the signs very early on and went to England, thought others would do the same too

Nah you're good m8, post whatever the fuck you fancy. Just fishing for enraged /cric/ (You)s myself. Not disappointed.

You are the cancer killing Sup Forums

>Tbh surprised more Saffers haven't left
SO many have left man. Any that haven't are either good enough to get into the Proteas so don't bother or aren't good enough to get into county sides. There are two SA players in the NZ starting XI and there are at least 2-3 in any given England XI for the last 20 years

>nz flag who doesn't post in /cric/

?? what do you even post in then?

Can niggers play cricket?

Is this /cric/?

As with most boards, Sup Forums died years ago.
Stay in your /cric/ General containment thread please.

I've probably seen your mate play then. Jersey and Guernsey are pretty good when you realise how tiny the population is.

Not sure if the players are mostly mainland Brits though.

>Jersey and Guernsey are pretty good when you realise how tiny the population is.
They're not really. They'd be as good as a standard English/NZ/Aus grade side which draws from a similar population. It's just that the other teams are really really really shit.

No they are mostly from Jersey and if not they live and work here, plus as an interesting aside probably the only European cricket sides with no Indian/Pakistani expats in the team

What about based slovenia

Kid in the centre at the bottom is the alpha of the team, he has both the females on his regular roster

?
We only have 100k people, and we smashed Hong Kong in T20

Yeah but cricket is hardly a major sport in Hong Kong m8, the cricket club down the road from me could beat them.

dunno m8 Hong Kong have beaten Bangladesh,Afghanistan,Ireland and Scotland in T20

I suppose I'm just thinking of Jersey as being pretty English in terms of cricket participation and a team from any English city of 100k would probably have solid odds against Hong Kong. You don't need to go far down the international team rankings before you get to sides that Parnell CC could beat.

Well you can't exactly compare the cricket infrastructure and popularity in Australia versus Jersey. They're a decent associate team.

That's good, most of the European cricket teams are only *good* because they rely heavily on international players (Saffers and Kiwis for Netherlands and Indians for the rest).

lol

rip /cric/ this is the new thread now

kek, I just realised that.

What the fuck jannies it was literally about to dissolve into a legendary meme thread

>$0.00

>DRS

fucked up, it's RTS you casual

such a 'no fun' move by the janny

help

The Jannies monitor the threads for anti-BCCI sentiments. They did the right thing.

Also this

Apartheid back in fashion, the 20 year rule never fails

what the fuck happened to /cric/ ?

It's spin vision you casual

>rock and roll snicko
derp

internet is down in pakistan, apparently there was an attempted coup or something