Itt: post an acclaimed album you don't get, others tell you why it's good

bump

i fucked your bitch nigga

...Fuck you.
Its interesting and out there, it has a very distinct sound I havent heard replicated well. I hate his ballads though,

deathconciousness and the glow pt 2

Colorful and fun atmosphere
obscure samples celebrating human culture
awesome guitar work mixed with unconventional electronics
female vocals are a nice addition to this record specifically as well.

seconding this, could never get into either of them. although i think i get the appeal just the music itself isnt interesting at all to me

fucking how

the glow pt 2 starts out weak and grows like a wildfire, godDAMN samurai sword is my fucking jam

deathconsciousness is just a heavier, gloomier, shoegaze-y Closer by joy division. there's not much there to get. if you don't like the atmosphere or aesthetic, or if you can't sympathize with the depressiveness, it's not for you

fucking how

same

I guess getting further into it is helping me right now.
I did like the first track or two but they were just cute little tunes, nothing really revolutionary I felt, now it's really going places, thanks for mentioning something so simple user. I'm liking it. Of course I shouldn't have discarded it only 2 tracks in.

I never got huge into it, but play it loud. It makes it 5x better.

listen to the jesus and mary chain first. then consider the indie and noisepop and grunge that was blooming in 1991. it's just solid pop that uses dissonance and soundscapes to create beautiful walls of sound

I've already listened to The Jesus and Mary Chain and didn't think it was anything too great, but I did like it better then Loveless, I'll try to listen to it again and check out some other proto-shoegaze.

I'll try this out as well.

i thought i'd never get into it either but man just play it loud in headphones in the dark,it'll come

All the Doors albums

Also Cut by The Slits, I think for the same reasons

The undisputed king