WARCRAFT

Flop of the century incoming.

Shit won't make more than 100 million domestic TOPS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0V5PLkFuxrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm with you. I hope this bombs as hard as humanly possible.

>video game movies
JUST

why the hate?

Don't worry desu, china and europe will lift it to 500 million at least

>Neon demon bombed
If this won't bomb, there is no hope

the weird obsession with the desire for this movie to fail financially is the strangest shit I've ever seen

Not really considering its contributing to the death of cinema. Entire movies that can be created on computers is something not to celebrate.

>you will never live in a world free of filthy dumb foreigner scum driving the death of cinema by making every shitty blockbuster a financial success

Epic Sup Forums culture, obviously. Sort of like how much hate the new Quick Silver scene is getting.

This doesn't have a chance. WoW is a meme that even normies know and hate, and it looks bad. It looks like every mid-tier budget CG movie ever made.

What's the demographics for this? WoW players? Mom's taking their toddlers to a kooky monster movie? Nobody wants to see this

>old man yells at cloud

Honestly, its just pathetic nerds that built their entire lives around capeshit worried that gameshit will ruin all they worked so hard to achieve.

Sorry nerds its gameshit era time now!

what were you expecting from Warhammerfags who call everything HERESY?

Why do they always pick the worst games to base movies off of?
>They could capitalize on the Mad Max aesthetic and make an interesting original movie by using Borderlands.

>They could do an epic space movie with Halo and the Spartan characters

>They could use the Farcry premise for a movie

>Wolfenstein could easily be written into a movie

>DOOM

All these being recognizable properties. Hell, they could do a simple war movie and call it "Call Of Duty". Who gives a fuck? Studios put such a minimal effort into what could be a very lucrative endeavor. I don't even want to see this happen, i'm just amazed how poorly studios treat this subject.

What makes this better than the Star Wars prequels? It's literally a CGI movie.

>they've made like 50 halo shows/shorts/movies
>not one of them actually stars Master Chief

Literally why

people are afraid to write Master Chief into an actual character

>Borderlands
>Ebin memes, the game

>Halo
>"The story is actually good if you read the books" the game

>Farcry
>Storyline so generic it could just be a standard action movie, the game

>Wolfenstein
Only decent suggestion you made

>DOOM
>He doesn't remember the Doom movie

Warcraft has a better story for adapting to the big screen than all of them, except maybe Wolfenstein.

>>Borderlands
>>Ebin memes, the game
The original game, not the retarded sequels.

farcry, Wolfenstein and doom all have terrible storylines to base movies out of. not to mention "they" already made movies out of two of them if any fpsgame deserves to get a kino its bioshock because of its setting and grittyness

If it was completely CGI like the blizzard intros/cutscenes, it would be interesting, but all this live action shit takes away from the charm of it

John Carter cost more and bombed worse.

would LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption work as a movie?

L.A. Noire could work as a TV show. but not a movie. RDD maybe. but at best it would be tarantino-core and at worst really boring

Halo, Farcry and DOOM have all been movies.

Try to keep up.

shame, it had an interesting premise. Lone Ranger also bombed, and I thought it could've been handled a lot better, but the train scene at the end was great.

>tomorrowland bombed stopping Tron 3

I think you mean Kino of the century incoming.

No. A better idea would be to base it one something like Red Dead Redemption/Revolver. Has to be a setting as unvideogamey as possible.

What would a Bioshock movie even be about?

More like System Shock you tasteless faglord.

Blizzfags are the most spiteful little shits in the world.

Wolfenstein could only work if you change the aesthetic from videogamey and made it look more pulpy like that reboot from 2009.

i will just go and see it for Ragnar!

But blizzdrones will surely make this movie win big time money.

System Shock was inert in story. Everything substantial already happened before the beginning of the game. It also has the problem of having nobody around but the protagonist.

Which has already been done in Iron Sky (2012).

Just pretend it's called Wolfenstein and it's exactly what you're asking for.

Borderlands 2 is better than the first in every single way and nothing anyone could say would make me believe they aren't just being contrarian because there is no argument to make.

We already had Act of Valor, you stupid fuck.

Was thinking more like Indiana Jones/ the first Hellboy

>Borderlands 2 is better than the first in every single way

Maybe gameplay wise. Everything else was ruined courtesy of Anthony 'king of cucks' Burch.

>fight all these different villains on you hunt for the Vault
>"dude, Handsome Jack lmao"
Borderlands 2 runs better and looks better, but everything else is stupid. They completely sucked the soul out of what Borderlands was

Video game movies > capeshit

Yeah i don't know. I always thought Handsome Jack was quite a refreshing villain. Just some idiot with delusions of grandeur and trillions of dollars. I tried borderlands 1 after playing through 2 and just couldnt do it. Each to their own though I suppose.

nah halo never got made. blomkamp was supposed to direct it too but made D9 instead.

>bunch of DCucks praying this movie fails so it will be remembered the blunder of 2016 instead of BvS

>Flop of the century incoming.

Marvel shills out in full force

Wait why would Marvel be upset, didn't Civil War just break a billion dollars?

people just meme for the sake of it, there's no reason anymore

Marvel has nothing to fear, it's the fanatics of the visionary Hack Snyder that are scared shitless because Warcraft will probably end up having 2 or 3 times the rating BvS has and will make way more money in relation to it's budget.

It's a vapid cash-in on a stale franchise that has literally nothing to offer than special effects and even that part looks silly.

Also the comic book manbabies can at least pretend they're watching their shlock for some fabricated "smart" reason, but with this you can't even do that.
It just looks flat out embarrassing.

The only actually sad part is that Duncan had a relatively promising career but now he's tied it to this garbage that looks like it was directed by a special effects render farm committee.

A womans asshole.

>It's a vapid cash-in on a stale franchise that has literally nothing to offer than special effects and even that part looks silly.

You literally just described 90% of capeshit and the majority of summer blockbusters.

I guess they fear other gigantic game studios will join in and slowly eat away capeshit's profits

>blomkamp was supposed to direct

I guess the Halo franchised dodged a bullet with that one

The ones who should be worried about that are Fox, Sony, and WB

>my face when people saying it will flop

is this elaborate b8 for months?
no possible way can it not make money. I feel like im taking crazy pills when you say this dumb shit

I saw a test screening. I didn't hate it, but I can't imagine this movie doing well with critics. I don't follow Warcraft, and people who do will probably love it, but this was not a general audience movie. Not by a long shot. I'd say it could score less than 10% on RT.

you should be out there solving murders, not wasting your time on Sup Forums

>is this elaborate b8 for months?

It will flop for the same reasons LOTR, GOT flopped.

I don't understand this logic. CGI takes skill to create. Just because it's a different skillset than traditional film making, you can't appreciate it?

Sup Forums thought that The Force Awakens would flop if that makes any sense to you

>people who do will probably love it
They all already hate it.
It's bullshit revisionist lore, terribly CGI and general art style, everything about it.
The only people seeing it will be people who don't know what Warcraft is.

Are you unironically comparing Star Wars to World of Warcraft right now?

>are you comparing nerd shit to nerd shit

>Borderlands
Literally Mad Max
>Halo
Shit. Hasn't there already been live action Halo shit? Not interesting at all
>FarCry
Boring and generic action movie. There already was a FarCry movie and it was shit
>Wolfenstein
Could be good
>DOOM
Already happened

Well that's a shame. It's super packed and doesn't work as a light, general audience movie, but it did feel like it was made by people who cared about what they were making. To me it felt like if they tried cramming an entire season of Game of Thrones into a single movie. The lore is there and it all feels interesting, but you aren't given enough time to absorb it.

All I pointed out was the retarded way of thinking people have when it comes to stuff they personally hate. Didn't make any comparison.

how can you even compare the two? this is blatant disney fags right hurr thereatened that their beloved fucking manchild films might actually be beaten to the narrative by a vidyakino instead of their pandering shizen

One is nerd shit whose basic premise is known by a majority of human beings on the planet. The other is a video game. A popular video game, no doubt, but a video game. If you think the two are going to be comparable in terms of sales you are out of your mind.

Yes, WoWfags really are THAT retarded. They actually think their failing, garbage franchise has any brand power outside of video games now.

Their delusion is so utterly pathetic. It's going to be a treat watching their movie fail miserably.

If this came out ten years ago, it would have made good money.
In 2016, no one gives a shit about Warcraft anymore.

Yep. The majority of people who will watch this are people randomly going to the theatres and randomly picking this, and WoWfags.

You know how many WoWfags are actually willing to go to the cinema? Probably not even half.

Anyone who is tangentially excited for this cancer is a fucking loser. Honestly can you imagine how pathetic current day Warcraft fans are? The lore since the first game has always been fucking trash, when your source material is mediocre, the translation into the film medium will be that much worse. Yet even with these trailers and leaks it looks so awful that only the most autistic and devoted wow faggots can be the only ones defending this.

These people have been playing WoW non-stop since post cata, think about that, these people are complete fucking degenerates that literally eat the shit that metzen's puts out on a bowl, smile then ask for more. This movie is going to bomb fucking hard, there is barely any buzz for this garbage, noones going to give a flying fuck for this turd, since it already looks like garbage.

The cgi is awful, it looks like a WoW cinematic with real life people thrown in, it has that prequelitis where the whole set and acting between characters is done behind a green screen giving it that artificial look.

Khadgar looks retarded, and the human and orc scenes look so painfully bad that it looks like a fan film. Seriously and I reiterate, the people that are excited for this film are bottom of the barrel losers who are most definitely stunted their own growth and are probably mid 25-30 still living with their parents with the mental acuity of a 16 year old. Think about the fanbase for this game now, if one frame of this trailer and any blizzcon clip will show you, these people are so fucking stupid that they are beyond saving. Hopefully with the plummeting subscriptions and increasingly casual content this franchise can finally die the painful death that it has been avoiding through the strength of autism all these years.

Kill yourself if you are hyped for this.

kill this meme if that was the case why did oso many people go watch lord of the rings hundreds of years after the books?

fuck off disney shill

I been waiting 8 plus years for this

International markets eat CGI shitfests up, that it happens to be about a game that they all love will only make it more successful

it will be shit but Asian markets will salvage it

Because LOTR is entirely different than a VIDEO GAME series.
LOTR have been taught it schools for decades and nearly everyone holds some nostalgia attachment to it.

Which is why you are a fucking loser, grow the fuck up already, the lore for Warcraft has always been mediocre, and it's only gotten worse. You are the degenerate trash in the huge minority that is so hyped for this trash beyond any reason. Seriously you are pathetic.

Sup Forums and their tortanic cancer shit is leaking

this, wow fags are delusional

how?

Warcraft has just a rich storylines if not even more so rich character designs in their core beliefs and the way of life than some old man writing about war and skimming over the layered emotions of characters

Illidan
Arthas
Orgrim
Guldan

To name a few have fucking heavy storylines in the fact they are so importantly part of the world

Its guaranteed to make 400 million because of WoW fags.

OP BTFO AGAIN

>rich storylines
>rich core beliefs
>heavy storylines

Read an actual fucking book instead of just constantly digesting Metzen's latest bowel movement for 8 years of your life as you waste your life away playing WoW constantly telling yourself that the lore has ever been redeemable. Fucking degenerate. Get educated.

100% what Marvel is doing then

At least warcraft has rich characters and story, and by the looks of it very creative visualas compared to a lot of shit outhere at the moment

You forget that not everyone has played WoW to the depth most people have.
If they played it, it was probably once and never again.
Plus, gaming was heavily looked down upon in the mainstream at the game's height.
The general public doesn't know a damn thing about the story, characters or universe it creates.

nigga read a fucking book

*I use WoW as the core example because most people don't realize there's more than one Warcraft game.

i now want this movie to succeed after witnessing some of the extremely strong autism in this thread

But I am educated.

My main vice is Sci-fi but I do like the odd fantasy here and there and Warcraft quells that side of fantasy, it has great visuals and the way i imagine it is the way it is being shown cinematically

This will hiopefully start something big

Its the same way people slated fucking Avatar, but theres so many layers there and a start of something massive

>digesting Metzen's latest bowel movement

When will Metzen finally become an orc? Will he mocap baby Thrall?

There is only one reason why this movie will suck, and it's the lack of "The One And Only".

youtube.com/watch?v=0V5PLkFuxrY

If Duncan can squeeze that one into Warcraft I'll be might impressed.

I fucking love that track

Literally this, I could give less shits about Warcraft but it would be amazing to see Sup Forums and veddit eat their own shit in case this movie is successful.

what he fuck you talking about i read the hobbit and i read lotr, they were not as interesting as any of the characters or lore in warcraqft for me, I always empathized and was drawn to Illidan, he literally did njothing wrong but was banished from his own homeworld, exiled, for 10,000 years, that is already epic a fuck, he was fucking betrayed by family and loved ones, and he still went out of his way to fuckign stop the burning legion, that is fucking based

You are fucking stupid as shit, the situation with Avatar is in no way comparable to this trainwreck waiting to happen. Cameron is a legendary director who has an insane repetaour of films such as terminator 2, alien 2, titanic and others that were huge box office hits. I mean titanic was legendary in how much money it actually made, and you are going to compare the drawing power of a Cameron film that was hyped with the 3D visuals and how it was "redefining" 3d. The situations aren't in the least bit similar you mongoloid.

>that is already epic a fuck, he was fucking betrayed by family and loved ones, and he still went out of his way to fuckign stop the burning legion, that is fucking based

>t. a 12 year old

fixed that for you

Dude seriously, why are you pretending to even have read LoTR when by the way you type it's obvious you didn't even graduate from high school. Seriously dude "it's epic as fuck" is not a way to validate your own viewpoint and it just makes you look like a complete fucking retard. Illidan's backstory is pathetically simplistic, just like every other corruption based arc that Metzen loves to populate this shitty universe with.

Get.Educated.

>Entire movies that can be created on computers is not something to celebrate

I hope this movie succeeds because I want a Warcraft 3 movie about Arthas

>just like every other corruption based arc that Metzen loves to populate this shitty universe with.

Does Metzen have a corruption fetish? Cause it sure as hell seems like it.