/chess/ is carlsen the goat

waiting for serious chess events to begin let's get lost in comparisons of Fischer with Carlsen, and Morphy with Anderssen.

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/PjTP3zSA
youtube.com/watch?v=z2DHpW79w0Y
lichess.org/2qE1dZIK
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Capablanca is goat

he was brilliant in endgames

word is he also was a nice guy with a fine sense of humour

btw, are there any decent GM tournaments we could follow in August?

Sinquefield

thanks Slovakiabro, we should make a bread about this.

here's also an easy problem. white moves.

Is it possible to become a chess champion with a IQ of 110?

everything is possible.

but becoming a top-100 player in chess (let alone world champion) is very unlikely unless a player showed great ability already at a very young age.

There should be a correlation with IQ but I doubt it is very deterministic.

1. Qxc8 Rxc8 2. Nf7+

You could be some kind of savant, but I doubt it's that important. IQ isn't really important at anything. Fischer had almost ¿190? but Kasparov was at 130, wich isn't something out of this world.

lichess.org/PjTP3zSA

1v1 me

this what I thought first too, but there is an even better one.

I don't really know chess annotation or play that often but I'm guessing king takes knight?

I think i see it now
1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nxh6+
if 1... Rxf7 2. Qxc8+ Rf8 3. Qxf8#

I mean queen.. I'll go now.

No, I'm changing to Knight to g4

2. Nxh6+ dosen't make sense

fun little thing
youtube.com/watch?v=z2DHpW79w0Y

Why? It's a +10.

Queen takes Rook on C8, rook takes queen on C8, knight f7 forking King and queen

correct
2.Nh6 wins the queen

What about the pawn on g7?

full time pro McShane > Carlsen

actually disregard my previous post: N f7 check, Rxf7, QxC8 check, R f8, Qxf8 checkmate

rly cool

had no clue petrov was top-5 for so long

Then 3. ... gxh6 4. Qxd1 and white wins

Peak Steinitz at the (almost) same rating that peak Morphy?

I think there was an study were they analyzed how many blunders per move did every world champion make. Steinitz was clearly first with a giant amount of blunders per 100 moves and Morphy was almost computer tier

3. gxh6 Qxd1

10 clear material points

Anyone wants to play with a very bad beginner?

lichess.org/2qE1dZIK

I left the site

Sure

Sheit

why can't poo in loo grandmasters compete with European intelligence?

Anand a shit

how is the pussy on that island m8? I've heard good things

Another easy one. Black to move.

sup Grease, it's me from /nba/

fischer >>>> carlshit > kasparov

Fischer didn't even defend his title once. Carlsen is already greater than Fischer from a historical standpoint, whereas he's still behind figures such as Kasparov, Karpov and Lasker.

>carlshit

Wei Yi is coming for him

hi senpai, nice of you to drop by.

carlsen is quite unlikeable, whereas Fischer was to chess what Sheldon Cooper is to sitcoms

No, he's not. Wei Yi is not the next Carlsen, but the next Radjabov: a player who shows very good promise at a young age, enters the top ten, becomes boring, falls out of the top ten and spends the rest of his career drawing all of his games.

norway bro, why don't you and grease play each other? you two seem to be the most knowledgable on this board when it comes to chess
play on chess.com so others can view. i'd love to see a 30 or 15 min and a blitz game

methinks norwaybro is much better than I am. Singaporebro too. Maybe they should play each other desu.

Nxd1+? No idea desu.

>muh Fischer didn't defend his title

Ok Carlsen did, much more stable player mentally for sure, but saying he's greater than Fischer from an historical standpoint sounds really weird. Fischer is Fischer, he has all that "legend" aura but he won it on the board.

You're talking about Giri there.

1. ... Nxd1+ 2. ~ Rxf7, I see nothing better

yep, black gets material advantage. i should prolly choose more difficult puzzles.