Sup Sup Forumsros

Sup Sup Forumsros
I found this Jersey at Goodwill and my friend made me but it. I don't know shit about The Blue Jays or Canada, also I barely know anything about baseball. Please educate me to not sound like an autistic retard if anyone trys to talk to me about the team. Thanks anons

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_League_East
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Blue_Jays
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wikipedia that shit you autist

Now there's no fun in that

they play in a shitty stadium. they have the only knuckleballer in the mlb currently, RA Dickey. jose bautista "joey bats" flips his bat a lot. they hit a lot of homeruns. encarnacion is quietly one of the best hitters in baseball. josh donaldson got hit in the face with a baseball today. marcus stroman is probably their best pitcher, he is from long island.

Blue Jay's are boss
When someone asks what you think of them you say it was a risky pick up but he has an impressive screwball. Also Joe Carter and Roberto Alomar were legendary back in the day.

That is all I know and it has gotten me buy pretty well

Who are rivals?

Also, shit player? Average? Dare a say good?

He's good

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_League_East

The Red Sox have one, Wright.

Kek, my girlfriend is a huge Boston red sox fan.

Are you the OP?

Yes

Why'd you pick up the Blue Jays jersey anyway?

Canadian here. The Jays are well loved, but only reall by people in Toronto (which makes sense). They are a decent team and they have some really talented dudes these days. I don't think you will be shunned for wearing that jersey, OP.

Bautista and Donaldson are considered to be better.

There was no other jerseys at goodwill. It also fit really well. I live in the southwest US so it was an interesting find. It's also looks like it's never been warn.

Thanks for the input user

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Blue_Jays

Why is their stadium "shitty"?

Do you have gear from any other team?

You forgot: They're going to win the WS

My girlfriend gave me a Boston snapback. Shes a bigger fan of baseball than I am. Nothing else.

You can brag win T.O wins the division and not Boston

would love to hear other anons explain this--as I haven't been there, but I know it's an older stadium and a domed one. Except for the classic ballparks (Fenway, Wrigley Field), old usually isn't a good thing in baseball. Domes also aren't usually a good fit, unless they are the newer designs like Seattle's, Houston's, or Miami's stadiums.

The Jays' stadium has a retractable roof, which the team can have opened and closed based on the weather. So do the others you mentioned. Only the Tampa Bay Rays' stadium is completely domed, and their stadium has been open for business since nearly the same time as the Jays' own.

I dont mind them as a team but jose bautista is a huge douche who only plays for himself. I also dont think there should be any canadian teams in baseball. This is coming from a royals fan

Lol tropicana field is def one of the shittiest baseball stadiums in the country

Again. Why?

Yeah, I didn't mention it is retractable, I just know it's older than the others I mentioned. Perhaps it's more that it's a multi-purpose stadium than a domed stadium. But yes, Tropicana Field is awful...I have seen games broadcast from there where they talk about the "gangway rule" if the ball hits one of the walkways at the top of the stadium. Since the user who said the Jays' stadium didn't answer, I ventured some information for the questioner.

Just to clarify tropicana is where tampa bay plays. As for the question about the blue jays stadium, idk. I never knew anyone regarded it as shitty, Im not the same person who said it was

Are you talking about the catwalk?

yeah

And they have the bullpens just out on the field, like oakland. Thats goofy to me. Also has anyone noticed the turf at tropicana looks like absolute shit?

OP- Nice. The only stadium I've been to is the dbacks this year..and it was nice. It was also 110 outside and inside it was 78... That was impressive. They lost to KC haha.

Yeah, it always looks terrible on TV at least. That's another factor...probably a bigger one for the players at least, that I hadn't mentioned...artificial turf. Used to be all over in baseball from the 70s thru 90s...Toronto and Tampa Bay may be the only places that still use it.

Is turf just shit for outfielders? Or just aesthetically terrible?

Do you think they desperately need a new stadium, if not in the Tampa Bay area, somewhere else by relocating? What city do you think could have an MLB team?

I guess it depends on the material the turf is made out of?

The dbacks played kc this season? Shit I dont even remember. Honestly kc has been having a garbage season, its disgraceful

My understanding is both. It isn't rock hard like astro turf was, but I hear it still causes the ball to bounce somewhat unnaturally, and it is still hotter than grass.

Montreal..... oh wait

>only knuckle baller
You're not a baseball fan mate.

Ps check 'em

i got a blue jays outfit too

I didn't even think about the ball bounce. That makes sense.

only the best knuckle baller

that's what the Yankees wear

Its kind of hard to say. Montreal really wants a team again now that the expos have moved. Florida baseball is in a bad way because both tampa and miami have bad stadiums, particularly tampa. Miami is a good team but their owner (former expos owner coincidentally) is trying to bleed the team dry so he can convince the league to let him move his club to havana

I know soccer players hate it too, and they have to play on it far more often. Plenty of MLS stadiums have artificial turf...and again, unless I'm wrong, it's down to 2 in major league baseball. I have personally been on the field turf that is ubiquitous for sports nowadays (especially football), and it does get hot in summer and feels squishy unlike grass. There's all these little chewed up pieces of rubber tires in the field.

In a nut shell..

It's a good time to be a Jays fan, especially after the deadline, they made some good moves. Switching to a 6 man rotation can make or break sanchez but the pen is deep. They have bats for days and be looking to see them contending in october.

Washington D.C.'s not giving back the Nationals any time soon, but the people from the city that housed Canada's first MLB team didn't seem to want to support them, and that's why they moved south of the border to "Our Nation's Capital" years ago.

Very good, actually leading the league in RBI

Even after Miami just opened a new stadium a few years ago? I haven't followed them, but if that's true, what a waste to build that, just to want to move.

Delete this garbage

Yeah, bad ownership kinda screwed over the expos, see And now the league doesnt really know where to expand since local governments are getting tougher to negotiate with as well as several other factors

OP- is it realistic that they make it far in post season?

Good news for me!

I dont know much about marlins park perosonally, my understanding is that the owner is fucking up in some capacity but also has his sights set on moving the team to havana. Im no insider so I have no clue if thats true but I couldnt make that shit up if I tried

I do know the Blue Jays stadium was considered pretty cutting-edge back when it was built. Was rather revolutionary to have the stadium have a hotel built into one side to look out, and the retractable roof was far more successful than Montreal's. But times change, and most clubs that didn't get a new stadium from the late 1990s to 2000s usually have facilities considered below standard (with exceptions of the classic ballparks again).

The MLB itself controlled the Expos at one point, right? They couldn't even bring up September call-ups from the minors because of that.

Tell ya what OP. I think it's fine if you like the Jays, but fuck every other Toronto team.

Not surprising, though. The Marlins owners (even different ones over the years, I think) have a history of fucking around. I remember when they bought a team to win the World Series in the late 90s and then had to sell off practically the entire team that offseason because he couldn't afford to keep them.

Just be like me and ironically wear sports clothes that you know nothing about and when they ask you about it, just say something about actual blue jays.

Examples: i like their colour, they're really pretty. I like the way they perch in trees.

>"What about the sports team though?"
What sports team?

Thank you, it seems that no one has anything against the actual team. Which is nice, after all i didn't get a Pirate jersey or Dodgers or something like that.

I really dont know to be honest. I know that in the course of the expos run they never were that great

A blue jay has been my favorite bird since I was a kid. That was the main reason I bought it. and it was $5.

If that jersey is an authentic majestic brand jersey then its worth probably 150 dollars new lol

But they won the World Series in 2003 since that late 90s selloff with the young players that came up in their organization as a wild card team beating the Yankees (!), but it's been a while, so...

Yeah, but baseball really is whoever shows up at the right time. The bosox are gonna contend for the east but the Jays should make the post season. The rangers and nationals are playing good ball but they are world series contenders for sure. The nl though is loaded, most favorited with the cubs, but they'll probably choke

Yeah see, now just own that fact... You don't have to pretend to care about sports lol. You'll get trapped in conversations you don't care about with no way out. Up to you though

I foresee the cubs and dodgers choking.. again

They were leading their division in 1994 and possibly on track to win the World Series, but then the strike that cancelled the rest of that year ended those thoughts.

Yeah, you have to give that team a lot of credit...The Steve Bartman incident in the NLCS is usually the focus, which doesn't give much credit to the Marlins' talent (like you said, they beat the Yankees), although it was also a colossal meltdown of the Cubs.

doubt it, the tag only say "Blue Jays" no MLB tag or leauge tag

Maybe a repro then or something. Either way a jerseys a jersey nigga

What comes to people's minds when you hear "Do The Bartman!"?

Not welcome

they not you

A guy with a cap who thought a fair ball was foul or some cartoony yellow 10-year old kid with a slingshot and a skateboard?

Not to imply the Cubs meltdown lessens the Marlins winning either, just so we're clear. In the end, I think the best team in the playoffs definitely won the World Series that year.

Being a Simpsons fan, usually think of Bart

Just bumpin

What's the best stadium in the MLB...if the Jays is so shitty?

Because of history, design, features?

Up to you. In your opinion