Not the Actual Events... It's Broken 2.0

Not the Actual Events... It's Broken 2.0

Get ready motherfuckers. The Downward Spiral 2.0 is incoming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9_enhs9ro
youtube.com/watch?v=3qNiXrSH0t4
pitchfork.com/news/70576-nine-inch-nails-to-release-two-new-major-works-in-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=NERzLlHo-D0
youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4
youtu.be/yVpw1SwJRBI
youtube.com/watch?v=zGinP2u5wus
youtube.com/watch?v=FyJV8J9INg8
youtube.com/watch?v=BwSB22EnweQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been waiting too long for this man to truly return to form, it's a bit hard to believe

> Broken 2.0
no its not
> Downward Spiral 2.0 is incoming.
no its not

Other way round. Hesitation Marks is the link to The Downward Spiral, NTAE links to Broken. Next album will link to Pretty Hate Machine.

fuck off you autist

name one way in which NTAE relates to broken 2.0
Also hesitation marks was the Downward spiral 2.0 if anything

Broken was the most rocknroll NIN has and will ever be. It sounds nothing like NTAE.

And desu, I was pretty hyped when I heard Burning Bright but then I listened to NTAE and just sounded like typical clean cut NIN era and I was pretty disappointed.

I'm still waiting for something actually harsh and intense from Reznor and if he never wants to make that kind of music again it's fine but won't ever as good as it was when he was on drugs and depression.

Hesitation Marks = phm
NTAE = Broken
??? = Downward Sprial

the next LP whatever its called

our boy is back baby

im baffled as to how you think its like Broken, please explain

Reznor wins awards for his soundtrack work now and fucks his hot wife every night. There is no existential angst left in him and that's ok. Every new NIN release from now on is akin to a middle-aged dad jamming 70s rock in his garage with fellow middle-aged dads.

Is it any good?

>Hesitation Marks = phm
see

I'm getting a serious fucking How To Destroy Angels / The Fragile vibe from "She's Gone Away"

Goddamn Mariqueen is fucking haunting to listen to. I am so incredibly proud of Reznor for not getting a Yoko 2.0 like I feared.

I don't feel the same way. Hesitation Marks reminds me of Pretty Hate machine. Trent had just come back from a long hiatus. He tried a new sound, which he has incorporated bits and pieces into this EP

mariqueen is hot af

I've never listened to NIN or anything Trent Reznor before, is it okay to just dive in with this or do I have to start at the beginning?

id suggest starting from the fragile then maybe listen to with teeth or hesitation marks beforehand

But if you're impatient i guess you wont really lose anything if you jump right into it

Just give the new EP a listen, its pretty good. But be sure to also listen to his 90s stuff some time.

thanks anons, I am pretty impatient so I'm just going to give this a quick spin

Just follow the releases chronological and stop after the Fragile
>Pretty Hate Machine
>Broken
>The Downward Spiral
>The Fragile
>Not The Actual Events

alright, hope you like it

Be sure to listen to it a couple times over

nice, I'll follow this when I get done with the EP

It's a good starter, but don't disregard WITH_TEETH, Year Zero, The Slip, Ghosts or Hesitation Marks just because they aren't classic Nine Inch Nails. They're all good and are a very good mirror into what was going on in the mind Reznor at the time.

If you ignore the Sober Reznor era like the Manson poster suggested, you'll end up doing yourself a great disservice.

New EP sounds like buried vocals underneath noise with a couple boring riffs here and there.

Lazy and unimpressive, what happened to Trent?

I've always thought Reznor looked weird as shit when he was younger but he looks great these days. I wonder if Manson could look good if he dropped the act. I think he's just naturally ugly.

Also interested in how Robert Smith would look if he tried to look more normal.

this

Also, Antichrist Superstar and Niggy Tardust are essential Reznorcore that shouldn't be missed.

Yea, it feels like he's trying way too hard with this one.

that EP was pretty fucking good all the way through I'm starting to understand the hype, I'm just starting from the beginning and going all the way through his discog

Pro-Tip: Don't leave out the remix albums, there's a lot of gold on Fixed and Further Down The Spiral.

And Still

>when The Idea of You comes on

>tfw Atticus Ross is what Reznor wished Richard Patrick and, to a lesser extent, Marilyn Manson could have been to him 20 years ago

This was the musical bromance we always deserved.

Pigface revival 2018

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9_enhs9ro

Haha I remember Pigface. Come to think of it, Reznor is the only guy from that scene who's still relevant, no? Al Jourgensen is a fucking joke and has been for over a decade now. I don't even know what's up with Skinny Puppy, are they still doing shit? What I heard of their post-reunion stuff sounded rather boring. KMFDM were never good in the first place.

Skinny Puppy broke up in the mid 90's adter Kevin died. They came back in 2000 for a reunion and released some work which wasn't good. Then after they found out their music was being used as torture material, they sued the US government for 666 thousand dollars and released a new album which is actually pretty kick ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qNiXrSH0t4

>KMFDM were never good in the first place.

Woah, really? Why do you think that? UAIOE is still pretty good, along with Nihil. I agree they still keep making the same boring shit since the early/mid 00s over and over again, because rivetheads still eat that shit up to this day.

Dwayne ODed. oops.

Sounds pretty mediocre desu but maybe it's just me. Not into the whole (post-)industrial as much anymore as I used to be.

idk I guess their brand of industrial rock was just never my thing

Thoughts on this so far?

The Idea of You is a *fun* track. I don't know how I feel about the rest of it, but I expected that. I didn't fall head over heels for TDS or HM immediately.

>rivetheads

are they still a thing?

Fair enough.

You can thanks to Metropolis Records for that.

It's pretty good but for how noisy and aggressive it is, I feel like it lacks the manic intensity needed to make it fully work. Burning Bright sounds like Godflesh without the punch, the guitars in The Idea of You are too clean, etc. Not to mention Trent's reserved vocal performance.

btw did anyone notice that Burning Bright nicks the riff from Nietzsche by the Dandy Warhols?

>pitchfork.com/news/70576-nine-inch-nails-to-release-two-new-major-works-in-2017/

even more new NIN next year. Yay!

>Also interested in how Robert Smith would look if he tried to look more normal.
youtube.com/watch?v=NERzLlHo-D0

Don't listen to this guy okay?

Just about all of Trent's NIN work is decent to great. Year Zero is one of my favorite albums.

The Warning -> God Given -> Meet Your Master is quite possibly the best trio of songs ever.

Peter Murphy duets pls.

youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4

first of all it's immediately more enjoyable on a second listen.
the tracklist also seems to go pretty consistently from songs that sound more similar to hesitation marks/the slip to.. whatever sound they're heading to. it feels like a dip into the water of what's coming next as far as a full-length release.

did anyone else listen to the interview on apple music?

god given is probably my least favourite track on year zero, but meet your master is definitely my favourite.

I like God Given because of its placement. It's right after The Warning and God Given is the panic that ensues.

young manson was good looking, he definitely grew out of his looks though. maybe if he got rid of that flabby neck
vid related
youtu.be/yVpw1SwJRBI

We're going to get the Downward Spiral 2.0 release and on April 1st. Strobe light is coming.

I remember back in the days when puppy fans would shit talk trent saying he's a sellout and that his music is washed out and mainstream.

Never understood why even though SP only had a few tracks that I ever liked. then it dawned on me, SP fans back in the day were the edgy losers of the day and mocked anyone who broke out into wider popularity.

alas, in time people realized which group was shit and which artist actually had evolving talent and stayed relevant.

I'm a pretty new Skinny Puppy fan. I can only imagine how butthurt the OG fans are about it, and so while I associate myself with the music, I do not with the fanbase.

The problem with bands are that you need to have a common direction between the members.They die as well. Reznor did things right keeping it a one man project until now when he doesn't have much to risk and was rewarded for it.

He was a one man band because he was a one man freak of a talent. I think that speaks so much volume about this greatness. he did it all himself and stayed true to his convictions and that is what lead to his reward.

Another thing, even today Al talks shit (in sort of a grandpa lovingly shit talk way). Nivek not so much. I think the problem was Trent was the new guy compared to them and to them he was bottom of the totem pole.

Then Broken, TDS and Woodstock 94 happened and they were all left in the dust.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGinP2u5wus

>All these douchebags trying to suck up to him

>that image
trent is the ultimate Sup Forums troll, a real life shitposter.
that april fools joke was so fucking funny, i remember my sides being in orbit due to all those insane fake songtitles and features
>we will never hava maynard james keenan and justin timberlake on a song together

where do you know the release dates from? that you trent?

>we will never hear pussygrinder

feels bad man

They're pushing Burning Bright as the "single" when it's the only unique song of the EP. Everything else sounds like bsides of HM and The Slip era. And it sounds boring unfortunately.

But Burning Bright is so good though. I just wish he let go of the ego and bit stop putting the vocals so fucking forward in the mix. They end up drowning out the noisy instrumentals.

I mean if my listening to industrial/noise it's because I'm into the textures. I want to listen to the noisy textures of the sound and shit.

IMO the progressive focus on vocals is a big part of the lame-amication of modern NIN.

>She's Gone Away

>tfw no Laid, Paid and Played (featuring Al Jorgussen and Fergie)

>That Mariqueen backing vocal

Where were you when you realized this is a better John and Yoko then the original John and Yoko

>I wonder if Manson could look good if he dropped the act. I think he's just naturally ugly.

More like The Slip 2.0 but ok

Quit fucking saying this sounds like Broken. This sounds like The Slip.

KMFD's What Do You Know and Money were fucking great. They were really unique up til Angst and it went downhill after there.

new SP is awful as ever since Last Rights. They really need to quit doing that glitch bullshit. Cevin Key has all these amazing synths in his studio yet SP churn out digital sounding garbage.

>life is so difficult and sad

>Godflesh and NIN missed their chance to cross paths in the 90's and collab on at least a remix
feels bad man. maybe in an alternate universe
youtube.com/watch?v=FyJV8J9INg8
youtube.com/watch?v=BwSB22EnweQ
tell me this shit doesn't sound far off from Broken.

Good thing he's not still writing The Downward Spiral over and over again

>broken 2.0

have you ever listened to broken? jesus christ fucking autists

that would be the best what the FUCK are you talking about? he peaked with the downward spiral

>yoko 2.0
>one man band

i swear....

iirc trent ask justin to join nin as touring member in the 90s. not sure how legit that story is though

Atticus is the back
>"Hey ladies watch this magik trick"

Frail > wretched > fragile

Reminder that asian gfs are the most patrician gfs

you mean we're in this together

nah that was Faith No More and Danzig. FNM honestly might've been awesome but Justin was too shy to tour with big bands. I know for sure he crossed paths with Ministry but both parties were too busy to get together for anything. Godflesh opened for Skinny Puppy in the early 90's. Must've been wild.

This will never not be fucking hilarious.

>Atticus literally stroking his Oscar in front of grills

>I just wish he let go of the ego and bit stop putting the vocals so fucking forward in the mix.
Except they really feel more in the background on this EP?

Trent/Justin collab would be GOAT

Especially on Burning Bright. Fuck is that guy talking about?

>Yes, everyone seems to be asleep

>I just wish he let go of the ego and bit stop putting the vocals so fucking forward in the mix.

They're drowned in the muddy shitmix. He does sound fucking annoying with the breathy shit and the hhnngggaa trails behind every other word tho.

I love NIN, but Hesitation Marks and this EP did nothing for me

Feels bad man.

Meanwhile, Year Zero has grown to be a classic in my book.

well that's not bad looking at all.

Burning Bright is cool
Everything else seems trash

What do I buy? wav or flac ??

Do you think the physical component will actually be something more that abstract minimal paintings booklet?
You are hyping to dangerous levels.. My body wasn't ready.

>tfw musicians are at their best when they are one step before suicide with depress and drugs

>buying digital files
lel

Does anybody remember a fan mad Bluray of NIN concerts that was announced in like 2010?
..I still haven't got the bluray or a refund.

I just can never shake the feeling that I've had for a long time that I'll ever hear a TR record that's actually GREAT like the first two while he's 'happy'. That he's married with children doesn't help.

There's the slightest feeling of stagnation. Of insincerity.

Hesitation Marks felt sincere, way much more so than anything since With Teeth. It just wasn't as great a record as something like The Downward Spiral musically.

This....I don't know yet.

Anybody know when the Patriots Day soundtrack will be released?

also, how do you feel about his soundtrack work?

>infected Japanese

what did he mean by this?

Nin and Ministry got together on 1000 Homo Djs.

Check out Supernaut.

January.

'For your consideration' promo leak is circulating online now though.