If the terminator succeeded in killing Sarah Connor what would it have done after? They can't self terminate

If the terminator succeeded in killing Sarah Connor what would it have done after? They can't self terminate.

cease to exist

It would cease to exist due to the changed timeline

Wouldn't this cause a time paradox?

isn't that technically self termination then

The whole Terminator thing is a time paradox.

I always figured it would find somewhere to hide and put itself into some kind of sleep mode until the machines take over and find it.

Terminator universe operates on a closed loop. Time paradoxes, like John Connor are allowed to exist. So no, it would still be there.

I imagine it would start going after secondary resistance targets and aiding the rise of Skynet.

They would take their mission to outer space.

Assuming it didn't cease to exist, I expect it would've buried itself in the desert or walked to the bottom of a lake or something, emerging when Skynet takes over so it can share its mission data and be disassembled.

No because they don't directly destroy themselves but the timeline they are in I guess
Skynet would probably override the fact they can't self-terminate if it means killing John / Sarah Connor though

> "Tee-8 man, good to see you again dude, what you been doing all this time?"
> "Chillaxin, Tee-10, chillaxin'."

It would definitely not shitpost on this board awaiting for the creation of skynet.
No, definitely not.

By the way, I solved the captcha. This confirms I am not a robot. Move along.

they blend in with the population and wait for judgement day iirc

Haven't these fuckers not heard of the Novikov self-consistency principle?

If they fail to kill Sarah Connor every time, it should tell them that she's not supposed to die because everything that happened happened and that it will always end up happening the same way, thusly they can never be able to change the past or future. Skynet loses every time.

No, alternative timeline would begin, where Sarah was killed, and operate from there

That's what they did on SCC when they achieve their primary objective. There was an episode where a terminator was gathering materials for the future war and storing them in a bunker to wait for judgement day.

Is John Connor really so important?
I mean, even after judgement day there's still hundreds of millions of people on the planet. If he wasn't around to lead the NA resistance, wouldn't someone else come along to do it?

What happened to that Terminator anyway? Didn't they lock it in again or something like that?

Do terminators communicate to each other and skynet thru some type of radio signal or is each unit self contained with mission parameters from the get go?

It's still just a dumbass computer and can't reflect on the failure.

In fact does it even know it's failed so many times?

Probably both

Why do you think movies like this move so fast?

If you thought about any of it for one second you'd realize none of it makes sense. Take a look at the Star Wars Prequels if you want an example

The Prequels make sense. Nice try, überpleb.

Nicely meme'd my son

Yeah they locked it in again and stole the truck it was guarding. I'm going to assume that Cameron came back later with some heavy weapons to kill it off screen since it would be dumb to just leave a terminator in a random place.

Most time travel stories ignore the whole thing about time being unchangeable since its our perception of the fourth dimension.

Would make for a boring story if the characters action's didn't matter at all unless your entire theme was to be that.

>I'm going to assume that Cameron came back later with some heavy weapons to kill it off screen since it would be dumb to just leave a terminator in a random place.
Why would she though? It's no threat because it's permanently locked in.

That's why we let 14 year old women make military decisions?

It's primary objective got jacked. It will want to leave and re-acquire more material. Being a terminator it has nothing but time to figure out how to open the doors.

Also the fact that it might get discovered by some random people if anyone decided to go to the bunker.

Except nobody goes there, let alone folk who are able to open the blast doors. Remember that they can only be opened from the inside with a key anyway

Uh, well they can use a drill made out of a super-hard metal like diamond to drill it open I guess.

What if someone buys the land and demolishes the bunker?

Also there is the thing if judgement day happens, the last thing they need is for a newly born Skynet to get an advanced model of terminator right at the start. Would allow Skynet to skip a few generations of terminator to be even more advanced in the war.

Fair enough but the odds of that happening are just too low for Cameron to consider his termination

Also
>here is the thing if judgement day happens, the last thing they need is for a newly born Skynet to get an advanced model of terminator right at the start. Would allow Skynet to skip a few generations of terminator to be even more advanced in the war.
There are likely dozens and dozens of machines & greys sent back in time to take care of that besides ensuring the creation of Skynet itself

Just chill.

If there's no moro john connor, matrix happens

Why I don't get about Time Travel movies is why does when someone from the future who alters something in the past dissappear despite not being in the future? Matter can't just cease to exist you fucking retards, his actions would have effectively prevented that certain arrangement of atoms to be arranged in that order but his wouldn't

Also time travel is proven to be impossible due to the tourist paradox

>that one terminator that went too far back
>it became a real estate mogul
>sealed itself into the wall of a building conference room with weapons to wait until it gets to the right time
these guys arent the brightest bunch desu

>Implying time travel is reliable and flawless

>There are likely dozens and dozens of machines & greys sent back in time to take care of that besides ensuring the creation of Skynet itself

This is one of those things where any loose end can make shit worse in the future type scenarios. A single microchip from the future could make Skynet more advanced.

Hell I kind of wonder why Skynet never just put itself into a body/mobile unit and sent itself back in time. It could then directly influence events in person. Hell being an AI it could go back in time and just wait until John dies of old age and then initiate Judgement day.

>Also time travel is proven to be impossible due to the tourist paradox

Or that no one uses time travel but it is possible. Or people do and we never find out. The tourist paradox is kind of a shit paradox since it is based on a massive assumption.

Its like people saying there are no aliens because a radio telescope can't find anything. A radio telescope's range is tiny compared to even the size of just our galaxy and assumes that they use radio waves to communicate.

Skynet is just pretty dumb
>Hell I kind of wonder why Skynet never just put itself into a body/mobile unit
It did in genisys but fuck genisys

>tfw if time travel was real then we'd have time traveling shitposters making ridiculous but accurate predictions here about any number of topics

Maybe get a regular job until Judgement Day.

Time is a flat circle. There's no way to escape the Terminator loop once it's been started. That's the inherent tragedy of the film.

What if we're just in the first timeline and time travel hasn't been invented yet?