Got a job interview Monday for Walmart

Got a job interview Monday for Walmart.
What should i expect at the interview and what should I expect working there?
Part time cashier, any benefits or tips ?

the job is easy and boring as shit. you'll also deal with customers who are complete assholes.. have fun!

Electronic fag here.
Don't worry about the interview they asked me like one question and hired me.
Don't think you get any benefits as part time (I'm also part time).
Get the hang of the register and you'll be fine.

Indians have no issue holding up a line for ten minutes in a dispute over $2.00.

They didn't ask me any questions. I went in for the interview and they already had my 401k paperwork and name tag ready. I was confused. Not bad for me $12.50/hr in grocery home shopping. Easy and boring.

Cashier is shit from what I've heard. Unless you're a little pussy unloading trucks backroom is probably the simplest and easiest job.

Thanks for the feedback, any chance I'll get more than minimum wage?

And for the people that have worked there, I get 0 benefits? No discounts on anything?

401k and insurance and 10% discount on all items except groceries after 6 months maybe earlier. Insurance is okay you pay 30$ from check... get about 800 to 900 usd every two weeks

I would guess salaries are regional, but in the Kansas City metro they are paying $9 starting for cashiers.

Start at 10.00 per hr.

It's been a while but I think there was a discount.
While on the register look out for quick change artists, they give you large bills then ask for different amounts of change acting like they are changing their mind to get more money from you.

Min of 10 dollars an hour. In some states minimum pay is 12usd an hour

What the fuck, really? Is $10 standard?

yes to get an extra dollar you gotta complete shit.

Discount kicks in after 6 months, if memory serves. Benefits after a full year.

Yeah some states in the West 12

If you bomb an interview with WM might as well kill yourself

thanks for the tip
9.60 is minimum in my state
haha

Yeah I got hired at $9 an hour back when I worked there briefly in 2004. They overpay slightly to keep people placid enough not to unionize. The first week I was there it was nothing but training on a computer, and about 25% of that content was Why Unions are Bad and You Should Never Consider Joining One.

I worked in the photo lab (this was before digital cameras were ubiquitous, plus it was Wal Mart), and it was a pretty easy job. Lots of people to chat with, you got to see everyone's photos, most jobs were merely drop off and pick up a while later.

Don't be a try hard. They see that shit and fill your head with praise but don't forget you can be replaced at any moment.

I was a cashier for 7months at a busy store.

I would prob recommend you dont actually work at Walmart. You will find the hours are shit, the managers are assholes and customers are prob the worst people you will ever meet in your god damn life.

Being there overtime will start wearing you down and eventually just lead to self loathing. You will feel stuck because you now have a job and the income you have is the only thing that is important.

IF you can avoid it you should prob get another job and not just get this job cause its the first one that called out of all the other jobs you applied to.

Gotcha. Kansas minimum is $7.25. With that in mind, starting at $9 doesn't sound that bad.

I'd look into going into a destribution center if you're willing and there's one around

Living in Arizona, I second this

I got mine after 3 months

Don't work night shift. At least at my store, night shift is responsible for everything day crew fails to do, and unlike day crew, we get in trouble for not being able to do everything. Super fun when day crew fucks around, and we end up with 16 hours of work to do in 8.

I worked in that exact position when I was in high school.

>super boring and monotonous
>shit pay
>your supervisors are gonna be really anal about nearly everything you do
>you're required to straighten up all the candy and shit in your lane when you're not checking anyone out
>no looking at your phone unless you're on break
>someone has to come relieve you if you have to take a shit
>2 smoke breaks and 1 lunch break per shift
>trailer trash meth addicts will inevitably hold up your entire line while they wave their price match ads in your face and scream at you like wild animals while you desperately try to explain to them that they're wrong
>there is always a full on brawl every black friday, no exceptions

You do get a 10% employee discount though, which is nice.

Fuck you night cucks. When we finish all the work all u faggots do is zone. We gotta do multiple trucks and pull pallets out for you divas and you niggers get paid more to just zone. Suck my dick

Former cashier fag in Oak Grove, MO.

Absolute worst people I've ever fuckin dealt with was at my job at Walmart and I'm not exaggerating that.

Had a bitch that would bullshit 2 carts worth of price matches. Sloppy trailer trash. She would also break up her transactions into 3-8 separate transactions so it didn't call for a manager to approve the price matches.

(When you price match x amount of items it automatically calls for a manager to approve it)

Trailercunt threw a hissy fit when I refused to check her out, tried going to another cashier and was stopped again and left.

Later arrested for caught stealing whatever the fuck. Some DVD or some shit. And she had her young son (12 or some shit)

I've got more stories, she's a small piece of the shit pie. Get a new job OP. Btw starting pay was $9.

>trailer trash meth addicts will inevitably hold up your entire line while they wave their price match ads in your face and scream at you like wild animals while you desperately try to explain to them that they're wrong

Confirmed.

Discount is after 3 months, $10 an hour can be expected if you've worked for at least a year or so before.

They ask you some stupid shit like "Describe a time when you overcame some challenge." Just give them a bullshit story that makes you look intelligent and you'll be fine.

The work isn't hard at all. Cashiering is monotonous, but it's easy.

Cap Supervisor here, ama

They changed this a little bit. There is this program now where you have to work and be monitored then "graduate" before you move from 9 to $10 and can qualify for the discount and benefits.

Ayy. Capsfag here.
How's it feel carrying the weight of the store on your shoulders?

Fuck off. Day crew here literally groups up in random aisles, talks about stupid shit, and blocks customers. Either way its a shit job. I bailed out of there after two months, got a job as a bench chemist making $18 an hour.

Im cap 2. Doesnt feel bad. Just waiting my 6 months until i can go into the assitants program

Enjoy your customers with shitty britches at Walmart.

I guess you mean sales floor niggers. Fuck those faggots.

must be from shitty stores, all three of our teams do serious fuckin work

Do you have the power to fire or give someone a raise

Ever see any nudes?

Yeah the interview is bullshit, you literally can't fail unless you are a frequent Spaghetti spiller and even then I think you'd still be eligible

fire yes. i can do an eval, so yes to a raise, but only yearly. i cant just give out money

Our store is shitty. Get new people like every 3 months so we can never progress into serious business mode

Possibly interested in working at a Walmart. Gf just got a job as a cap2 (that's what she said). Would electronics be a good place to go?

electronics associates are the second highest paid in the building, behind deli.

What would be some not so obvious shit you'd fire someone for, or give someone a raise for

countless times, and ive heard stories of shit much worse than that.

Electronics is an okay place to work compared to all the other shitty positions

Be prepared to talk condescendingly to a bunch of technologically illiterate inbreds

not sure what you mean by not so obivous

>night shift starts
>looking for two girls that were working in infants
>hours pass, cant find them
>find the pallet they were working on
>stroller and car seats
>go over to the warehouse rack where they are sold
>bimbos curled up and sleeping behind the product on the bottom shelf

they will hire anyone, i showed up in shorts tshirt and flip flops and got hired on the spot. they didnt even look at my resume. turned it down just went for interview experience

forgot to mention they dont even drug test anymore. you only have to pass a background check

Kek, should I bother dressing up in proper business attire or what?

I was a cart pusher for a year. This was a regional HQ Walmart so my interview was like 10mins long. Fucking bs questions like "tell me about a time u had to overcome conflict in a workplace environment". "How would u handle situation X" just basic interview questions. They told me to comeback the following day and begin orientation. Watched a ton of videos and did some gay ass group project where u go on a scavenger hunt in the store that requires u to ask people that work there questions. Did a ton of "modules" on a computer which is a bunch of info about proper disposal of certain materials and fire safety. I work outside in 110 degree heat mind u. Never dealt with any of that and got the fuck out 1 day before my year evaluation bc I had enough of the management. Also FUCK YOU motherfuckers who take our drinks from the cooler when u go on ur breaks. Enjoy ur lung cancer POS!

dress shirt and tie, couldnt hurt.

worked garden center for four years. pushing carts in the heat is childs play compared to loading mulch and bricks and grills into peoples cars

>proper business attire

Nigger you're not interviewing to be a lawyer, your job is to be a mindless drone for 8 hours a day.

Go work at target instead. You still have to deal with filthy fucking tweakers but at least you have decent AP and the guests are generally better.

Don't think target is currently hiring but I'll give it a shot.

From what I understand they ask you one question now: Tell us about a time you dealt with a customer, and elaborate on that question. Try to get into electronics its literally the easiest shit in the world.

What if I have no prior employment history

make some shit up

I suspect they might ask about groupwork in school or something of that nature at that point.

Alright thanks for all the advice and whatnot everyone

What if I've literally done nothing with my life other then shitpost.

My interview recently was like 5 mins. Just told the front end manager i had grocery experience, she asked for a time I "really gave good customer service". Pretty simple.

Benefits is after 90 days you get a 10% discount card. after a year dental (if you're still part time), full time you can get health.

Worst thing is people price matching EVERYTHING. Make sure you check the ads, people are gonna try running bullshit by you since you're new.

Try memorizing produce codes as quickly as you can.

Try pushing carts at rush hour and keep the garage full. We always had ours full durring peak hours where carts come out every second. It's almost impossible to keep up especially with bs limitations like 20 per line and working with an ADHD redneck that disappears on u when shit gets tough

rip

riop

riperoni

Don't expect to get trained at all. Instead of actually talking to their cuck employees they'll pawn you off to CBL's which are way too lengthy for what they're trying to convey. It's a common sense job, any retard can do it. Also, they'll tell you to greet every mother fucker you see within a certain radius. You'll learn quick that most of them just want to be left alone.

This.

I tried doing that "greet every customer" shit on my first day. Don't do it. It makes you look like an aspie.

rice