Holy shit Sup Forums just had an epiphany

Holy shit Sup Forums just had an epiphany.

Could the reason that I'm a beta male be because I was raised by a single mom? Not going to play the victim, just a thought. Opinions?

Nope

okay, must be the fluoride in my tap water then

Bad parenting is bad. Is your parent bad at parenting?

Maybe you're just weak and dumb.

Keri Russell would have raised you right

Our (Western) society has adopted a 2 parent system. So if you lack 1 or the other you are seen as lacking and something will always be missing from your life whether you or those around you are conscious of it or not. Yes there will always be that bit of responsibility you have to take for yourself after the age of reasoning but still there is something to be said for being a sum of one's parts and if some of those parts are missing... well you get the idea.

double dubs mmm felicity busted a few nuts to her back in the day

checked

If Keri Russell was my mom, this would be an incest thread.

hey, first trips, thanks for checkin'

If your only male role model was a female, I'd say it all makes sense.

Obama was raised by a single mom, same for LeBron, & Leo

Checkmate

Yes and no.

Your personality etc. is entirely up to you. People with both parental figures can still be beta because of their personality.

But not having a male parent figure actually can lead to this for sure. I'm too lazy to go into it, but look up the role of a father or the impact of a father on a child.

The father is who makes his son a man. He steps in and gives you the ability to try new things and venture out, along with other masculine things. A mother will not want you to try new things or venture out when there's a risk or danger involved. And you will end up more emasculated.

It's not like you can't change. But it will take hard work on your part to gain masculinity, whether with friends (moving into an apartment together or something) or having a teacher or father figure of some sort in your life.

Yeah the reason I openly called myself a beta is because I keep getting cheated on.

Working on that whole lacking something + becoming more masculine + self reliant.

Look at the coloreds. No fathers to be found and they've totally gone to shit. Normal people, aka whites, can still produce productive members of society, but jilted cunts usually take their man-hating out on their sons. Not in the form of violence, but by emotionally neutering them.

quads confirm

blaming your parents for your sorry ass of a life instead of your own life choices and habits. How about grow the fuck up?

This. If your mother was a bad parent, then you were taught to fear women. Either this is why you're a beta, or you're just weak and dumb.

Lebron, good point. Obama, he absolutely is a beta male. He fucking bows to other men.

Your life is determined by two factors.

Genetic, and environment.

You've either got beta genes, or your mom raised you to be a beta. That's putting it simple.

Life is a movie that gives you the illusion of choice. There is no free will. You can look at this in two ways. Cup half empty, or cup half full. Just watch what happens in your life. Look at it from an outside perspective. Realize that you literally cannot make a mistake. What happens, simply happens. Bad or good, doesn't matter. It's part of the plot to your movie.

Beta, Alpha, whatever. It doesn't matter. You're not gonna remember any of this in 100 years anyways. Take that advice the way you want. Maybe it'll cure your anxiety of this silly ride, or maybe it'll inspire you to do neat shit. It doesn't matter, nothing does.

And there's no sense in blaming your mom or your dad for your situation. You might as well blame the universe for making you a beta, because your parents were influenced by their parents, and on and on.

This. My mom would never let me do things I naturally wanted to do as a boy, like riding a bike, hiking, climbing trees, and further on with things like growing up and driving and moving out. It's totally in a mother's nature to want to latch on to her baby no matter what. But my dad was always the one to step in and say "Oh come on, let him do it." And he'd teach me and go the way with me, and let me do it myself after teaching me.

Without my dad to step in, it only would've been natural to end up as a beta or a neet. My goal is to NEVER do that to my kids and be the best father influence I can be.

First quads!

>cures anxiety with existentialism
Fuck.

wew lads we're going in deep

I ammm. I wrote that I am not going to take the side of the victim. That's the biggest form of being a pussy- "bad things happened to me. I am forever going to be a piece of shit"

>being this new

Hey man, I love existential thoughts. I was introduced a few weeks ago by Albert Camus.

Why do you think there is no free will? I am sitting on Sup Forums right now, when I should be working- so I've chosen to decrease the chance of me succeeding by 0.0001%. Is that not changing my reality (which might already be pre-determined)

Obama was raised by his white grandparents.

So essentially Obama was cucked

puddi midfag,
not a frequent poster

Because your decisions are based on what I stated earlier. Genetic and environmental.

It's a huge illusion that not many people can see past. Do you think your decisions just come from nothing? Something is influencing it, whether it be environmental pressures, or your genes telling you.

This is why there are no mistakes. What happens, simply happens. There is literally nothing wrong with the world. Realize that anyone you don't like is simply a result of the universe or whatever you want to call it, it's simply what happens.

There's really no reason to fear anything. Fear, worry, anxiety, etc. Is simply a result of our evolution. We fear because it further increases our chances of survival. That's it. Death isn't scary.

Death isn't even an experience. People think of death as getting thrown in the dark and staying there for all eternity, but they don't realize that death isnt an experience. You don't exist. There is no experience anymore. When you're dead, you cease to feel anything, that includes thought and emotion.

Thank you. We ceased to exist before we we're born. There is no reason to fear life or death.

nope, you're a self deprecating, spineless cunt. Parents have nothing to do with the fact you're a faggoty ass beta

I seriously don't get this, I wrote that i'm not going to pull the victim card in the original post. It was just a discussion- to an essentially pointless argument. Jesus christ you're living in an illusion man, do you think your decisions just come from nothing?

>You've either got beta genes
ok bro it totally works like that

also
>curing a mental disease that manifests physically with existentialism

>death isn't even an experience
you clearly have never had a near death experience

your existentialism is all rooted in your own perception so all of this means flying fuck all to someone else. Also humans are not amoebic, there is some form of irrational free will. You don't seem to be applying yourself to your surroundings and instead just take this existential viewpoint of passiveness, the universe is cold and its up to you to inject meaning into it from the things you've been given (your body/life) because nothing else will. Its decision based to view things this way just like any other viewpoint of reality which inherently is free will. Obviously you are pulled towards decisions due to environment and circumstance but like I said humanity/sentient is not amoebic and you really truly do have a choice at any given moment in any given circumstance to some extent. By being alive you are expressing that very concept. Life is just potential.