I just listened to this thing and I refuse to believe it is anything other than a meme. Goofy silly bullshit

I just listened to this thing and I refuse to believe it is anything other than a meme. Goofy silly bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

dorak.info/music/baroque.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're a fucking idiot. That's a great song.

listen to it again

>Goofy silly
did we listen to the same piece

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ ~i m m e r s e u r s e l f~ ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮ ~i n t h e f l o w~ ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

How? Its absoluetly magical !!

this but unironically

Kys.

i am,not being ironic!!

oh ok

this but also unironically

It is a meme user.

How is this kind of autistic repetition not a meme? Ya sure it is detailed and shit, but outside of that there is nothing about it that is actually good.

Maybe if you are doing some sort of work that requires a lot of focus and you put it on and tune it out in the background.

>Implying music can't be textural.

I used to listen to it while I was reading in the library when I was in high school.

maybe listening to minimalism while doing other things is sacrilege but damn it really enhances both the music and the thing you're doing

I feel good listening to it but I feel as if it's structure/design is completely lost to me. I get this feeling a lot listening to 'classical' music, especially baroque. Anybody know this feel? Is there something I should be doing to correct it? I've concentrating very hard but all I can recognise is when sections repeat or different instruments.

If you enjoy it you enjoy it. Who cares if you're multitasking at the same time?

Read about music theory: how canons, counterpoint & minimalism work. No need to read books tho, just the wiki articles.

but it's so insanely warm and fuzzy and has such an incredible aura which resembles nothing else user. Can't you see distant lights in the snowstorm? disgusting, grow the fuck up,

the worst music ever, please don't listen to this it's so bad, please stop listening to this and posting about this it's really bad, don't talk about this any further (because of how bad it is) stop thanks

read this, no meme, just lots of interesting ideas
theres lots and lots of interviews with reich to get an understanding of the music

how tf im supposed to read this

>I feel good listening to it but I feel as if it's structure/design is completely lost to me.
thats because its not based on any existing formal structure, its something reich created himself while heavily influenced by the cyclical styles music of south and southeast asia

>baroque
baroque is easy, especially instrumental music
you're probably familiar with most of the forms already, you just don't know their names. start here:
dorak.info/music/baroque.html

It's Steve Reich's LEAST memey composition

>IT'S GON' RAIN
>IT'S GON' RAIN
>IT'S GON' IT'S GON' IT'S GON' IT'S GON' IT'S GON' IT'S GON'

with your eyes I'd imagine

Sextet and New York Counterpoint are better

Music in 12 parts by philip glass is better XDDDDDD

That's a great song
>Song

Start early and move into late. Romantic period stuff thrives on hiding the form, making it not so obvious. Listen/read up on sonata form, rounded binary, rondeaux, etc. 18th c. is all about obvious formal design, start there and work up. 20th c. throws all the rules out the window and form is derived from the composer, not convention.