Assuming you're non-retarded, where is the fun in playing pokemon GUH?

assuming you're non-retarded, where is the fun in playing pokemon GUH?
>walk for 1 hour around the city
>use up battery and mobile data for the day and perhaps even exceed your daily limit
>all of this for virtual stuff
>brag about pixels
>repeat
seriously, what is the fun of this time-consuming and overall autistic activity?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalautismcenter.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

plz explain, not a troll, sincerely interested to know why u guys like this shitty game. I am a pokemans enthusiadt, I tried it before official release (thru App store hax) and got bored in 30 mins

>2016
>walking????
Just fucking spoof it you fag

I stopped playing. Hackers ruined the game for us legit players, Niantic shut down the trackers, they glitched the nearby, and they made it near impossible to catch anything in 3 or less throws.

>non- retarded

>impossible to catch anything with three or less throws

Do you have some kind of fucking palsy? It's called a vertical line, shit for brains.

>virtual stuff
>brag about pixels
>repeat

Oh you mean just like every other videogame ever?

kek

well, some of us like talking to people and going outside. You fucking sperg.

I mean, sure, but let's keep it vanilla for the sake of argument and try to imagine playing the game like the GD meant it.
By the same token you can get to global elite by hacking on CSGO, it won't get you into jail either.
why did you invest so much time before said changes? Was it fun? How? I sincerely cannot see how (no troll question)
I don't understand what u mean

>>like talking to people and going outside
>being so autistic the only way you can do this is with a game to be able to do this

You keep bringing up hackers who the fuck cares about them. If they want to kill the fun for themselves that's their prerogative. If you don't have any family or friends who play the game then it probably won't be any fun. It's called friendly competition you fucking basement dweller

it's different. CSGO for example is a game with actual skill. Plus it's interesting and really really finely tuned (movement speeds, inaccuracy values...). Compare it to risiko: there is some strategy and ground for competition.
Take Hearthstone/pokemon GO: wait for something to happen the whole game. I sincerely don't understand where the fun in that could be
so do I, but I prefer to talk about holidays, physics, planning a trip together, sports. Not pixels. I even play CSGO but never talk to anyone irl about it (and not because I'm ashamed, it's an uninteresting conversation topic)

>only way

Straw man

>spend hours playing csgo
>spend money and probably overdraw your bank account on skins
>brag about your rank and your skins
And csgo is a good game

but what's wrong with tennis and drinks? What's the appeal of sharing pixels?
I kind of understand where you're getting sat though, so the major part of the value of this game is social. Hadn't realized that.

You're fanboying CSGO pretty hard. Also nice b8

it has competition and some actual learning curve. Plus the community is great (I'm not talking about hackers and anything below LE which excludes 99% of Russians). And there is strategy. It's a rich game that constantly gives you new scenaria and you have to resort to your game sense

They break out you autist, why comment when you clearly haven't played the game

Ever been geocaching? It's loads of fun. This is similar, but nostalgic as well.

>there's only one way to socialize and it's my way
>I sincerely don't realize why anyone would want to do it any other way other than my way

>I'm not a troll I swear

Kek

I don't even play that often, the point I'm tryina make is that I can see well why CSGO can appeal to some. By comparison, aside from the social factor, pokemon GO seems like an uninteresting game

I call my friends/go out with my roomate and we just fuck around town and meet randoms and just catch pokemon. Personally I don't go out on my own especially since they fucked the tracking and removed poevision but I do play when I need to walk somewhere.

So I guess I only make a trip out of house with the intent of playing pokemon when I'm with my mates

The community is literally every fucking teenager and social media mom on earth. You can't really generalize it as good or bad, and the rest of the shit you said makes no sense at all

Doesn't this look so much easier then walking

>I don't have a problem with battery (don't have a shit phone)
>I don't have a daily data limit (who the fuck has that?)
>I play on my way to work/college (it makes boring journies interesting)

And in the end it's a video game. It's for the enjoyment of the user. Don't like it don't play it fam

I'm going to walk to/from things anyway, it doesn't cost me anything to have Pokemon Go open while I do that. Just adds a little bit of amusement to the walk.

It ruins the whole point of the game you idiot, you're literally just turning the game into paper toss so you might as well just play that

you must really be autistic if you have so few interesting activities in the back of your sleeve that you even consider playing pokemon GUH as a bonding moment with friends/a gf.
>hiking
>going drink tea on a hill
>go to an amysement park
>go to the movies
>list goes on

Never will I ever resort to playing pokemon GUH for ONE HOUR a day in order to socialize. Spending 1 hour a day just to be able to hold a 15-min conversation with a friend-acquaintance is the very definition of poor and autistic

Yeah but It also looks like it completely defeats the purpose of the game and is honestly a cringeworthy attempt to gain bragging rights

>pokemon go
>an hour

I see the problem here. You, my friend, have a fundamental misunderstanding of how mobile games work.

Kek.

I honestly don't see the point of doing this, the game is about going outside and exploring the world, not downloading 1337 hax0r skillz, go for a walk man

Hey paper toss is a fun game too

>Hiking
Might as well play some pokemon go while you're at it
>drinking tea on a hill
nigga you clearly have no friends if that's what you think that's what friends do
>amusement park
can't wait to spend $60 bucks whenever I want to see my friends
>movies
yeah lets go spend 10-20 bucks to sit on our ass instead of hanging out in town and having a good time

If you're going to do this why not just play an actual fucking pokemon game?

whole post is cancer, understandable (but not excusable) since you're American and fail to even fathom that not every country in the world has the same phone plans as the US
Also, the iPhone and the Android are both great phones, if you'd worked at an engineering company you'd understand why. Enjoy your Chinese plastic phone with a lengthy battery and a lot of flaws both in design and in software

Having a daily limit on your data.
In what kind of shithole do you live in?

I know it is but if I was gonna hack pokemon go I'd honestly just play paper toss instead because both of those things serve no point

>says whole post is cancer
>proceeds to post pure cancer

kek

That feeling when you've made over $1000 from selling Pokemon go accounts to fat nerds

Lol you clearly haven't done this yet, or you'd know how shitty it is.

No one cares u hack in pokemon go I hope u get banned and cry because you lost all your "hard work" i unistalled that shit after 5 mins because it was boring as fuck and I have a million better things to do.

The only people that will lose all that hard work is the nerds who bought the accounts

Pokémon go is also competitive, as your trying to have stronger pokemon and hold more gyms. The community is cool as well in my town every weekend like 10-15 people go down to my local beach and play it together, without even knowing each other

>hiking
enjoy nature you fucking savant and leave the phone at home
>drink tea on a hill
took a girl once to do that. She loved it. Since you and you're friends are all losers, it's understandable you'd judge such an activity as being odd or peculiar. But that's what adults do and love. You'll understand one day, kiddo
>60 bucks
who the fuck cares when I have a good job? Are you working at McDonald's? The yes, the target audience of pokemon GO is probably people like you
>20 bucks
it's good fun and 20 bucks ain't much. Plus there's the thrill of seeing it before, going to a movie theater and not torrenting it. I understand that if you earn minimal wage, this thrill is damped by feelings of angriness toward Hollywood actors earning too much and desire to rebel against "the man"

tl;dr: stay pleb fam

Actually his post was extremely sensible. Yours was fucking cringe

Cool man.
I'm English
I've literally never heard of a daily data limit, monthly sure but never daily. Is it a Euro thing?
I have an iPhone 6s. The battery is good enough for me.

basically, there is no fun, the old GBA games were much more fun

Can you link me this hack Sup Forumsrother?

Use some of the money to get a phone with a better screen resolution you broke mother fucka

Rather casual player here (pic for proof)

For me, it started with being interested in the technical aspects - augmented reality is a fun possibility that still hasn't really been used well, imo.
For me though, catching them all is literally the draw now. I have fought in a gym twice, catching pokemons is all I do.

I rarely leave the house just to play pokemon though, it's an extra incentive to take a walk occassionally.

Who the fuck takes a girl to have tea on a hill

nigga with my skills every hour is worth about $200 as a freelancer (with the problem that you don't get a constant stream of work, so I work a normal job), whereas you with your "clever h4xx" earn at most $20 per hour

>tfw you're the fat nerd because you're avoiding exercise by breaking the game

Also I don't really buy you've made that much, I think people would just start cheating instead of buying an account

But it's an iPhone 6

>hiking
it's fucking hot outside and there's mosquitoes
>tea on a hill
It's fucking hot outside and there's mosquitoes

>the rest of your retarded post

Once again you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how mobile games work, and how normal people play them.

>were

They're still around fam

You literally just play when you watch a movie/show or have an app running to level you up. It's not real work obviously tf

What a waste of dubs.

Every iPhone except 6s is garbage now. And that's still not even that good.

No one, unless they have a fedora handy.

Literally none of that has convinced me you have any friends

If I wanna go enjoy nature go to the fucking beach you sperg or are you too afraid to appear outside in anything less than a trench coat and fedora

I've literally never met an adult who would prefer to drink tea on some faggy hill instead of just hanging out with their mates

60 bucks is food for a week and I'm sure as hell that anyone I met or ever would meet would rather chip in 10 bucks for some drinks, hit the town and go see some music

It's watching a goddamn movie, you're LITERALLY looking at a big screen instead of a phone, you're argument is that instead of looking at a small screen every 30 seconds I should look at a big one for 2 hours you goddamn nigger

CSgo is all RNG it does not require skill. This is clearly b8. Get off your fat ass and exercise.

There stopped being a reason to play the game when pokevision got shut down.

No I cannot you will be shunned by all these other nerds and I won't put that in your shoulders. Just play like a normal pleb and don't ruin the experience for yourself

My names.OP i dont have friends why dont they make a game that shows me whereglory holes are so i can suck dicks

Why do you care?

That goes for any fucking video game. I dont game on console or PC outside of elderscrolls, im almost always out. its literally something to talk about outside to meet new people. Also light exercise.

Cringe: The Post.

If that is true, how come I consistently suck at CS GO? Hmm? Hmm?

>caring about the games other people play

Kys

Also if you're going hiking without a phone have fun falling off a cliff and dying because you can't call for help

>monthly
same as daily, having a monthly limit translates to planning daily (since other days you use google maps/safari and won't be bothered to remember how much data you have left).
Now I personally don't have a limit but I also have the most expensive plan there is around ($60/month in my country's currency), I can well see how not everyone would buy that plan.
I also have a 6s, tried playing the game for 1 hour (before bug fixes and improvements, so I'll admit the situation may be better now)
and it drained about 20% of my battery
ot was a second date. Try it sometime, hint: girls love when you're original and may even accept dates with people they would otherwise reject if you're genuinely interesting and fun to be around
>born fat
>have a lot of genetic conditions
>unable to leave basement to go to school
>30
>fat
>jobless
>haxx0r on pkmn GUH
I feel your pain fam
>misunderstanding how games work
nah, I'm just the kinda guy who prefers to read a book while I commute. The same book that will allow me to be interesting at a party and perhaps help me launch my startup in a couple of years

Jesus Christ this is just getting worse and worse

It doesn't use up your data if you have T-Mobile and I feel like way too much focus is on the "I have to walk around to play".........wrong.

You don't NEED to do anything if your not a hardcore moron. Its just something to do WHILE YOU'RE ALREADY OUT AND ABOUT.

Basically if u leave your house specifically to catch a Pokemon then you're a fking loser. But if you're already out doing shit (like a normal person with a life) and you happen across a Pokemon then good for you. You're on a casual and enjoyable path to being a Pokemon master. Not a lose with fingerless gloves and a backwards baseball cap..........

Because you haven't prayed hard enough to RNG Jesus. But in all seriousness every shit in CSGO has a massive element of RNG to it. Just look at all of the YouTube videos showing proof. CS 1.6 and even CS Source to some extent was much better.

>The same book that will allow me to be interesting at a party

You just confirmed the fact that you're a fedora tipping neckbeard

Oh my god I was out with chad last night. He took me to a hill to drink tea. I was like wtf, why not Starbucks it took us a hour to get there and a hour to get back. I loved it, good thing he had insulated flask so the tea was warm. It's that sort of well planned date that really gets me wet. Tomorrow im going over to his place to see his anime figurines.

OP here, from what I gather from the replies I've gotten is that a few of you play pokemon GO
Also, the majority of the posts I read here reek of autism.
The conclusion I've come to is that you need to be autistic to enjoy pokemon GO
Thanks for participating to the thread, I'm out

Then fucking leave faggot

That's why you fucking spoof it you fag

Playing alone - yes fucking faggot

Hanging with friends and walking around town - chillin with something to do

you obviously prepare the tea on the spot lel
>such autism
Enjoy your overpriced latte, I go to Starbucks too but it's not my idea of a 'cool and different date'
Also hint: you don't need to be a Chad, unless you want to attract shallow bitches.
There's a lot of girls out there who are attractive but don't dress nor behave like whores
Poor you, your judgment is impaired and your skills in steering through the messages society sends you are really poor.
Your life will basically look like this:
>try to reach impossible standard of beauty to appease bitches
>brag about it
>realize nobody truly cares
>suicide at age 35
give or take, not saying it will go exactly like this, just pointing the general direction

You came to /b and complained about autism? Dude, if you wanted advice from a place less plagued with autism, I'd recommend this place:
nationalautismcenter.org/

true, should have realized it beforehand that pokemon GO was designed with exactly your average Sup Forums tard as target audience in mind

>Prepare the tea on the spot.

ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW.

YOU BROUGHT A KETTLE WATER TEA AND A PORTABLE FIRE TO YOUR DATE ON THE HILL. BRO, FUCKING LIPTONS. I BET IT TASTES BETTER ASWELL.

You really gave me a chuckle with that one.

not everyone has loser friends, my friends actually read, we go to nice bars and enjoy inner city life. Sorry if that makes you mad or think I'm a fedora tipper.
sure, leave this worthless comment there without explaining
I was implying that I'd leave the phone home in the sense that I wouldn'f be browsing the internet. I'd obviously take it for emergencies. Get my point and stop taking everything literally you autist
Cancer: the shitposter
if you're silver yes it might seem that way. But it's not RNG if you're decent at the game

>A PORTABLE FIRE
At least we found out you're not serious. Kinda relieved.

I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself, was it a camping trip?

I don't see anything wrong with that.
I think you're so immersed in what is socially acceptable that you feel the need to judge anyone who does something different as a loser. Your life must be very narrow (as your mind)

it was a date on a hill next to my town, took us 20 mins to reach the hill.
Don't need redemption from u kiddo, the girl loved it and that's all I need. Even if she hadn't, experience for the future and... you know, awkward moments happen sometimes

Pokemon Go's fun isn't that it's Pokemon. It's barely a Pokemon game (yet). The fun is that it's an algorithm-based geocaching game that anyone can easily play from anywhere.

The novelty of GPS + landmark coding encourages exploration and socializing. They did a VERY good thing in not making the game "pay to win". Everyone has to play with effort and skill only.

The game will expand with time and become a lot more fun, but for now, the hobby of geocaching being brought to the masses is more than enough to make it fun.

Just find it very funny. Not judging anyone. And in regards to my mind it's about as narrow as your urethra you impotent fuck.

Dude, noone questioned the awkwardness, it's the only thing we all took for granted

>I'm just the kinda guy who prefers to read a book while I commute. The same book that will allow me to be interesting at a party and perhaps help me launch my startup in a couple of years

Never in the history of the world has someone ever said that without being a complete and utter neckbeard, I can just imagine the type of parties that you're thinking of and it's just cringe inducing. You're the type of idiot that goes up to a girl and starts stuttering out some misinterpreted quote from a book that nobody knows about and thinks it makes you seem intelligent while the poor girl stands there feeling horribly awkward and looking for a way out

And you literally fucking said leave the phone at home, for someone who is so well read I would've been sure that you could string together a simple "put down the phone for a second" but then again not having a filter and not thinking about what you say is a sign of autism so I'm honestly not surprised

Also you still commute, you must be a really successful and well off human being if you still need to take public transport

I don't know, man.
If I wanted to socialize, I'd go to concerts, bars, or just call friends.
The gameplay is dull, tedious, and repetitive. Combat is trash and the bugs make catching gyms impossible sometimes.. such as defeating it over and over and nothing happening to the Pokemon there. The catch rates are annoying, and Ultra balls work no better than Poke-Balls. Catching hundreds of the same Pokemon just to get a semi-decent CP on one pokemon is not fun. Walking around for miles to get trash pokemon with trash attacks is not fuck. Catching hundreds of pokemon to evolve a pokemon, just to get trash attacks and it be completely useless is not fun. There are no challenges, quests, and no real point to the game besides holding gyms, which you can never do for more than 1 hour.

It's just popular because it's hyped and it's Pokemon. I had fun for a few days and realized it was garbage and then uninstalled it, as did my friends. You're an easily amused person if you actually find it fun.. which is OK, I guess.. but it's still not any fun.

if the CP is within ~250 of your max level pokemon, use a Razz Berry, switch to Great/Ultraballs and throw a curveball.

Less than that, just vertical toss Pokeballs or if the pokemon is close enough to hit accurately, use a curveball as well.

If your game is trolling you with the "wind algorithm" and your straight tosses are flying off at weird angles, switch to Non-AR mode.

Fucking magic.

>dime-a-dozen FPS
>"skill"

Fucking LEL.

This!

I do think it's kinda obnoxious that it gets more active in city centers though. Sure, hotspots is one thing, but not a single goddamn pokemon out in the sticks?

I actually installed Pokemon Go the week it came out, while at a mountain lake in Norway. (Pic related, actual location) - and while in retrospect it was kind of funny that I thought I'd catch the rarest of motherfuckers out there, I can't see why they can't drop a single one of them fuckers at your location out there too.

My phone screen is busted and I can't throw curve balls lmao and I only just got access to great balls like 2 hours ago when I went out to get dinner

I've had tea lots of times. Its not particularly tastey I just find it really funny that you put so much work into and centered your date around the act of drinking tea. When the tea itself would be guaranteed to be a disappointment after such a long build up because it's fucking tea.

there we go with your need to put me down again. As I said... so socially dependent :)
awkward or not I dated the girl for almost a year
- you use what you read in books. Quoting is obviously lame
-it's Sup Forums, I thought you'd understand why I am not as accurate here and talk broadly. Clearly you don't since this is your main source of daily info and evasion from illiteracy
- a lot of successful people commute. Take Dutch politicians as an example. I'm not Dutch (and won't disclose my country), but it's well-off enough that we don't need to own a car. In fact, a lot of professionals don't. I understand that if you live in Murica, where public transportation is shit and inequality is high, you'd frown upon that. I suggest some traveling as the medicine to cure your autism and narrow-mindedness

OP here
100% my thought and my experience
Thank god someone is still not autistic on this website