What is the meaning of our lives, Sup Forums?

What is the meaning of our lives, Sup Forums?

What is the purpose of our existence?

Do you fear dying and knowing whatever you did in this world will eventually be forgotten?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ1qTycmM8
youtube.com/watch?v=54GsrD032IA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To be happy don't tell nobody how to live your life

I'm really fucking high right now, and that gif just crushed me emotionally...

Thanks, man.

Keep breathing keep smiling and hurt no one...easy

But do we even serve a purpose? The universe will pass by billions of years. With or without us.

It makes me feel unimportant.. not just myself but our entire civilization.

The next realization you must come to is this :

Knowing the fleeting idea of our species, you may act scientifically, or emotionally. With science, you further your species, make your being everlasting.

With emotion, you create timeless arts. You make yourself eternal.

It's useless to think about that now, you just have to live your life the best you can, and at the end, you will know.

Nobody here can tell you any truth. The only true truth is your own truth. You create your world, your situation, by following your truth. So make it a good truth.

Just my lousy opinion.

There is no meaning.

crack a beer and watch the world burn when hillary wins the election.

that's why you need to give it a purpose.

for me it is to see my brother and sisters succeed in life. my mom to retire with enough money. my dad too.

i don't care much about myself. I just wanna travel, have awesome breakfasts ( pancakes, sausages and stir fried rice ). snorkel and surf.

I don't concern myself with that. I don't live in the past, only the present and the very near future. It works for me.

But life for the human race is literally a meaningless void of doing repetitive tasks until we pass on. I sure hope theres something else out there. Especially after rewatching the gif it makes me feel sad as fuck i dont even know why

don't be gay

>But life for the human race is literally a meaningless void of doing repetitive tasks until we pass on.

yeah pretty much.

feels bad man.

It's only meaningless if you choose to believe that it is meaningless. It's all about your state of mind. Try reading lots of philosophy.

>But life for the human race is literally a meaningless void of doing repetitive tasks until we pass on

that's what makes it so awesome. we pass on.

life is only worth a damn because it is short - piercenal anastesia hawthorne's mom

youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ1qTycmM8

PS: I used to be a hardcore atheist. Around 20 i started doubting. Now I basically believe in a god (not a god the way any sort of religion describes it, mind you. every religion is bullshit mind-control apparatus)

You mean the way all you losers said it would with Obama? Oh wait...

give your life meaning and the rest will follow

There is no inherent meaning to your life any more than there's meaning to that bug's life you just stepped on, or that hedge you just trimmed.

If you need your life to have meaning, make it yourself.

>Choose...
What is meaning? What is life?

The meaning of life is that it stops.

Whatever you want it to be. You are your own god.

Sorry to break it to you, pal, but even the universe itself is going to "die" some day. Nothing is "everlasting" or "eternal" as you put it.

Not any more, now that I'm on an antidepressant. Now I feel as though as long as I can make those around me happy or myself, it'll be worth it to me. I don't fear death one bit, but it sure would be inconvenient.

I mean, tiny blue dot, etc, but if that's the case, why bother worrying about it then? Just do what you love, live with passion while your flame burns, and forget about tomorrow unless you need to plan for what you'd like to achieve.

>also save up your money, and donate it to something you care about. I'm slotted to build a new division of a wildlife sanctuary I visit regularly with my wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=54GsrD032IA

Ever considered this?