Why hasnt this been legalized yet?

Why hasnt this been legalized yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/4545946/The Union: The Business Behind Getting High-2007-DivX-velvetfog
inquisitr.com/1815383/marijuana-does-not-kill-brain-cells-new-2015-study-disproves-2014-claims/
webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain
journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=154103&fileId=S1355617703950016
metro.co.uk/2012/08/03/nhs-health-and-safety-chiefs-ban-dangerous-metal-paper-clips-520906/
google.com/patents/US8884100?dq=marijuana monsanto&hl=en&sa=X&ei=jxozVbfEIJLioASIu4GwDw&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAA
matadornetwork.com/nights/41-successful-stoners-time/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it makes you slow and lazy.
"lost" tons of friends with huge potential to weed. now they're just boring idiot who dont care about anything. And Yes - Weed is to blame.
Weed makes boredom exciting.

/thread

Because both the government and growers make more money this way

i have always been a lazy motherfucker. even before taking weed.

while being high you are lazy indeed, but that only lasts for 3-4 hours. after that i can go back to my normal life with no problems.

and i personally actually made friends with weed.

lol fucking wuss

so that means it should be illegal?

>growers make more money this way
not necessarly. right now they grow little and sell for much. if its legal, they could grow much and sell for little. same thing

>government makes money
what do you mean ?

this lol. alcohol makes aggressive, much worse than being lazy, and its legal

just saying, I had many close friends back in the day who all of a sudden didn't want to do anything anymore, stopped studying, dropped out of college, and only wanted to get high and non stop talked about where to get the next brick.

and it JUST HAPPENS TO BE that during that exact time they started smoking.

"nah bro cant go to movies just spent it on 1g hehe"

fuck weed.

The government makes money off the people who sell, buy and supply it. Prisons and cops get funded, who ha the whole world works

The growers buy a lot of luxurious shit, and I mean a LOT

For ALL your questions
m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/4545946/The Union: The Business Behind Getting High-2007-DivX-velvetfog

Because the "drug war" allows police to circumvent certain laws to get the job done.
Alcohol makes people violent, aggressive and depressed.

The idea it's illegal in the first place is wrong and just because it makes you a little lazy doesn't mean it should be illegal.
I got a job, a home and a car just so I could buy weed, have a place to smoke it and a way to get it.

Your "friends" sound like losers that are stuck in high school. Not everyone is the same.

that addiction happens to 5% of the people. which is far less than alcohol addiction, which is essenntially the same thing

I'm a licensed clinical social worker. Masters level.

I smoke. A large majority of my colleagues smoke. We also vote, pay our mortgage and live our life. Many of us have published articles in peer-reviewed journals (full disclosure - I have not).

The stereotype is that weed makes you lazy, unproductive, etc.

Weed doesn't 'make' you do anything. I like the way that Joe Rogan put it: If you show me a guy who's life was fucked up by cannabis, then I will show you a guy who was going to fuck his life up anyway. Maybe it would have been cheeseburgers, maybe booze - but he was going to do it. Weed is just what he used.

That stereotype and excuse doesn't hold water.

The reason that it's illegal is that we make a phenomenal amount of money in the "war on drugs" and pharmaceutical industry. Legalized cannabis, the end of prohibition round 2, would put a massive dent in big pharm.

All this side, I believe that we are within 3-5 years of full nationwide legalization. I hope so.

You can be addicted to everything. You can be addicted to fuckign cereal. All I'm saying it that weed makes people and friends fucking boring and useless.

Don't wanna partake in this bullshit; anyway you're plain ignorant and have no idea about how do drugs work on the brain's receptors. We've all been through this, but just don't go- oh, i took the bait
GODDAMN

If you can't smoke weed and not only remain a functional member of society, but advance your position in life and strive for goals, you are already a failed fucking excuse of a human being. Not going to say "kill yourself", because living as such a failure is worse.

>you can be addicted to everything
I didn't say shit about addiction.
Your friends are losers that use weed to justify their life.
>boring and useless
Yeah it tends to happen when you use drugs to try to justify that your life has meaning.

You can have your life together and toke at the same time. Just have to remember that drugs cost money.

>drugs cost money.
literally 3 euro for 3 hour high. thats nothing

What are you buying that costs 3 euro?
I'm American so I'm sorry but you have no idea the price of weed. If it was 1 dollar a gram I'd lose my fucking shit.

Because God hates you....you specifically
In fact he hates you so much he made all of existence just to create you, to hate you

>What are you buying that costs 3 euro?
vaporizer mate

>You can be addicted to fuckign cereal.
do you watch adoseofbuckley?

Vaporizer what?!
>Meth
>coke
>heroin
>Crack
>weed
>????
None of the above can be bought for 3 euros without serious consequences.

You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

i buy 1 g for 10 euros. and i use 1/4 to 1/3 of that gram for 1 vape session

>EUROS
I'm just going to exchange it at 1/1 so yeah 10 euros a gram would be about right if you're in a nice comfy blue state in America.
Unfortunately in most states it's somewhere closer to about 20 euros a gram.

I'm in America so weed isn't readily available to everyone at reasonable prices yet.

too bad man. I heard about some northern european countries to have similar prices. germany is just lucky to be near the netherlands. thats why the prices are low

The cheapest I've ever gotten it for here was 10 per gram. I paid 60 got 6 grams and nearly lost my mind.

I also heard you guys have access to strains not available in america.

Totally agree with this. Ill smoke weed maybe once or twice a month, but the amount of people (one of my closest friends imcluded) ive seen slowly die inside from smoking weed without even knowing it is depressing. Smoke weed er day stoners are the worst, they talk about the same mundane shit every day because their lives suck ass. I think it should be legal in sthe same way alcohol should, but similar to alcohol people with bad self control will lose their lives to it

>I also heard you guys have access to strains not available in america.
dunno man im not that much into drugs. i only do weed.

>The cheapest I've ever gotten it for here was 10 per gram. I paid 60 got 6 grams and nearly lost my mind.
you guys are making more money though than we do. gotta keep that in mind

Or how about leave people alone if they're not harming anybody else and let them live their lives without your unwanted critiquing? Mind your own business and stop hating and being a nosy cuck.

This.

Youre a dead end job stoner arent you?

Either way im all for people making their own mistakes and fully support legal weed, i was just sharing my opinion on the pros and cons of regular smoking. Again, i enjoy a joint every now and again, weed is dangerous though whether you like it or not

>you guys are making more money though than we do
I love that only foreigners believe this meme. You have something my country doesn't.
Wealth distribution.
The reality of living in america is working a full time job for less than a livable wage thus leading you to work 2 jobs to barely be able to afford a roof over your head.

The price difference is based on local law regarding cannabis.
Medicinal states usually run around 10/1g
Non-medicinal states usually run around 20-25/1g

I dunno about fully legalized states like colorado and oregon but I hear it's a lot cheaper.

This.

Also, the culture surrounding it is so toxic. The average person that is a marijuana spokesperson is a complete loser and their culture is cringeworthy.

Personally, I think ALL drugs should be legal (at least everything that is a depressant) but our government like to protect people from themselves.

You have two choices:
1) Social safety nets (welfare, unemployment, medicare, medicaid, etc) and drugs are illegal.
2) You're a responsible adult and drugs are legal.

hey man my mate does 100k in america as a software dev with ~5 years experience. you make half of that money here in germany. and we are working full time too mate.

also 60% of what we earn is getting right back to the state.

Having a job, home, and a car are things you should want normally. However, as you have clearly stated, you have acquired these things for the sole purpose of weed. Meaning your life is driven by weed. You have no desire for anything else other than weed. That, to me, sounds pretty pathetic.

this guy gets it.

It would be legal if it had proper, rational representation. Not people screaming that it cures cancer and never killed anyone

>germany
Oh tough brakes man.
>60% goes to the state
I wish that much went to ours to give us things like healthcare, stable infrastructure and education.

American tax systems don't really do much and most get wasted on boondoggle public works.
>I can't buy weed
Well I should hold a job so I can also have weed. Makes sense.
>I can't smoke anywhere because weed stinks
Well I should get my own home so I can smoke when I want.
>I can't get any weed because I can't get to my dealer
Well I should get a car so I can get to my dealer.

Weed was just the thing that inspired the want for these things. In fact before weed I never considered these things.
>no desire for anything else other than weed
That's a blunt assumption that is blatantly false. I care about my job home and car because they're nice things to have that help in everyday life. If I didn't have those things I wouldn't be happy no matter how much weed I had.
I care about my co-workers underneath me and how they're going to perform their duties.
I call my mom weekly just to let her know I'm not some burn out.

Admitting that weed is the inspiration for you to do better for yourself so you don't have to live like a junkie is healthy.
>Better than living in someones garage with no job calling in fronts from every dealer in town because you refuse to get a job

>I wish that much went to ours to give us things like healthcare, stable infrastructure and education.
Yeah man your healthcare sucks dick. I hope that will change one day for you. I wouldnt know much about infrastructure. Education sucks in america, but so does it in Germany. Bunch of pseudo intelligent people who think they achieved something in their life with a shitty degree.

Because this guy thinks it's bad mm'k

As I said, a drug is your inspiration for having these things. That is the pathetic part. The fact that you would not have even thought of getting these things were it not for weed is so subhuman and debased. You might as well be a junkie because everything you do is for weed. You might as well not even try to justify it because you have proved my exact point.

Prison industrial complex

So does alcohol...

Two wrongs do not make a right.

alcohol makes you feel like absolute shit after, weed makes you happy

there arent many things worth living for mate.

You're probably just a self-centred prick and didn't notice they had other problems going on in their life.

The infrastructure here gets more backwards every year. There's an intersection down the road from me that you can't make left turns on. You have to do some u-turn bullshit just to get to the main road.
America has infrastructure problems mostly communicative and public transport.
>pseudo intelligent people
Yep we have them everywhere here. Except here they get special treatment and build fake degrees like "womens studies". Because someone's going to pay you to tell them about why women are women.
>everything you do is for weed
You make me laugh man.
If you use something negative to impact your life positively it's healthier than letting it consume you.
I'll admit in the beginning yeah it was all just to get more weed at times but about 6 months in I started to have money to do more with.
I noticed an increase in my pot expenses but I also noticed I had a normal social life.
I've actually got friends and a normal family life now because of weed.

You're just hating because you're probably anti drug or straight edge.

Everything is pretend.

Fuck all of you, sativas wake me up and get me motivated.

And it is legal here, so, check mate.

What drives your life then user?
Why do you do anything?

>weed makes people and friends fucking boring and useless

>weed has made YOUR friends boring and useless

It sounds like you're the sort of liberal asshole who only acts on what he is taught is right in school from a young age. How can you say every pot smoker turns boring and useless. One of the main reasons weed was legalized in Amsterdam was because it encoraged free thinking and imagination which a lot of the artists used to their benefit.

ITT: a bunch of useless stoners try to convince themselves that weed isnt slowly killing their brains

inquisitr.com/1815383/marijuana-does-not-kill-brain-cells-new-2015-study-disproves-2014-claims/

I use it to sleep before work. Helps immensely, since I work nights, and it makes sleeping during the day a breeze.

I also use it when I'm in excruciating pain from a back injury I received in the Navy.

My life is on track, I make good money, I'm paying for my own education out of pocked (university, nothing second-rate). I'm considering buying a house in the next 2 years. I think I'm doing alright for someone who didn't come from money and threw away all material goods, including clothes, at the age of 20, and restarted. Oh, and I was in debt at that time.

And, legal here. Fucking love Oregon.

I think the key is not starting until you are already on track. I don't use it as a way to dull the day, I fucking love life. I use it for pain, sleep, and as an intoxicant (like alcohol is used). And I only use it at home. I just suffer if I'm in pain elsewhere, because I need to keep my wits about me. It's not very hard.

This guy gets it.

>killing their brains
No.
webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain

journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=154103&fileId=S1355617703950016

>INB4 cambridge doesn't know what they're talking about

That's a really great question OP...ive had many friends ruin their potential getting caught up in drinking every day or in worse cases addicted to heroin. Over that same span of time (about 4 years), I've smoked marijuana nearly every day, multiple times a day. Graduated university with honors, excelled socially despite my introverted tendencies, secured a full time position at the university...all while high as fuck. There's no reason to keep this shit prohibited.

Of course they dont but where the fuck do you think we live in fucking nepal. You say because something has negative effects it should be illegal? Isnt one of the benefits of living in a western civilization that we have to right and the freedom to make our own bad choices? By your logic we should ban every harmful substance incase some braindead idiot doesnt realise that simple rule
>"if you have too much of something; it is bad for you"
Maybe thats old survival of the fittest coming creeping back into human nature getting rid of the greedy fucks who cant help themselves.

metro.co.uk/2012/08/03/nhs-health-and-safety-chiefs-ban-dangerous-metal-paper-clips-520906/

Im not talking about brain cells, im talking about how stoners become blank after a while. No personality, no life, no ambition. Theres no denying it, people who smoke weed regularly pretend this effevt doesnt exis but we all see that it does. Stoners are losers, end of.

All blacks are criminals. End of.

Post sauce on the relation between cannabis use and the lack of personality/ambition.

All chinks are small end of.

It soon will be, we just need to wait for greedy corporations to get in on the business. Monsanto is already fucking around with patents to secure the future GMO weed market.

google.com/patents/US8884100?dq=marijuana monsanto&hl=en&sa=X&ei=jxozVbfEIJLioASIu4GwDw&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAA

In a few years we will all be smoking GMO weed legally, y-yay.

Onced established, systems are slow to change

In the USA? Racism and federal/state level extortion.

You all need to watch "Where to Invade next?"

Theres no research on this, theres no statistics, its a fact of life, if you dont see it youre either blinded by ignorance or a liar

>Stoners are losers
matadornetwork.com/nights/41-successful-stoners-time/

>Obama
>Bill Gates
>Steve Jobs
>Michael Phelps

All muslims are terrorists, end of.

All pakis stink like shit. End of.

I too like me some anecdotical generalizations stated as facts

>its a fact of life
How did you come to this conclusion?

>Theres no research on this, theres no statistics, its a fact of life
Also called 'I'm talking straight out of my ass'

>No personality, no life, no ambition.
Jokes on you, i was already like this before cannabis.

>paying for movies
hahaha just no, also your friends don't seem to have money, I'm kind of lazy bum but also would be lazy bums otherwise because no energy because of depression history (diagnosed)

the thing is I'm a fucking loser with little life and little money anyways, also alcohol makes me way too depressed, should drink less but that also means less socializing

>Theres no research on this, theres no statistics, its a fact of life
Translation.
>I'm a middle class suburban white boy that has never smoked let alone seen weed in my life so I pass biased judgment on a diverse group of people I only know about from second hand information and the media

Try some jolly kraken rum

You can stick your fingers in your ears of you like but it just shows how you are frightened easily by the simple challange of other culture you ignorant pissbag slutfuck

I was a massive stoner for about 8 years. Would smoke at least an 8th a day when I could afford it. Would be a fucking asshole when I couldn't. Nearly got kicked out of my parents place because I was a moody cunt when I couldn't get any. Had a dry patch for about a month or so, couldn't get any anywhere. Finally got some. Rolled a modest joint, got half way through and had the worst panic attack I've ever fucking had in my life. Tried again a couple of times later, same thing happened and haven't toked in about 5-6 years now. Best thing to ever happen. Still miss it a little bit sometimes but it does fuck with your head when you smoke too much. I think it helps with certain conditions but it shouldn't be completely legalised as if there aren't any issues with it... because there are

Context is everything.
Rat city.

And that's somehow worse than alcohol which literally kills thousands of people a year

Any kind of substance needs basic health and wellness regulations.
Legalization doesn't mean no regulation.

If you can't moderate fun and responsibility you are not

>an adult

Shockingly enough, people who maintain a (subjective) proportional work/life balance don't have the problems you idiots seem to.

Basically it should be legal.

Using right handed scissors when you're left handed is more dangerous than cannabis.

I was never like that, i always did it once the day was done or i had a day off. I still was able to maintain college and now maintain my job and career.

what regulation does alcohol and tobacco have?

>alcohol
Must be 21 to purchase, no public intoxication, no driving while drinking and some states even have open container policies.
>Tobacco
Must be 18 to purchase (19 in some states) and indoor clean air acts.

>Must be 21 to purchase
16 here. and age restrictions != regulations. of course they are not gonna give away alcohol to kids

It has, in my state :-)

Holt shit

You're probably from one of those culturally enriched countries with that alcohol age restriction.
>They're not gonna give away alcohol to kids
Some parts of the world have and avidly do. In america we use to market cigarettes to children.

>You're probably from one of those culturally enriched countries with that alcohol age restriction.
like what?

Because everyone from the alcohol and pharmaceutical industries to politicians and privately owned prisons benefits from keeping weed and other drugs being illegal

Like most of eastern yurop, germany, france, italy, etc.
Because you're definitely not from america.

no more dangerous than alcohol, so why is that legal?