Just watched Suicide Squad

just watched Suicide Squad.

AMA>.

Was it really that bad

Edgelord: The Movie.

Did nothing but spawn a new gen of edgy cancerous scene kids

No, i actually liked it. good action, good character developtment even tho it was the first time they were on the big screen, not a comic book.
humour then are there which works although the story was a bit predictable but overall its not as bad as other people say.

Speaking of yourself...

It was that bad men, but the actors where tol godamn good, and has a good humor, but it's still being a b series movie, is really easy to see that is a david ayer film by escenes that where mademjust for the trailers....

i lost you at mademjust

A lot of movie-goers like it and even more people hate it but I feel like the movie just looks like a mess and was kinda rushed and not researched from the original source. I'll see it illegally not gunna pay to watch something that infamous for being shitty

Lol how's middle school

>"but i feel like"

have u even seen the movie?

>edgelord
>cancerous
> edgy

>calling me out for being in middle school

Why should I believe someone that doesn't speak English?

It's kinda obvious that you are.

on a scale from shit to super shit , how shit it was ?

Dubs don't lie

Everyone should just adopt my policy of assuming that anything that contains any member of the Smith family is going to be shit. It literally never fails. Plus it's fucking insane that anyone thought it was going to be good after this picture was released.

I am not op but here is my review of it

I was very concerned with not knowing what to expect with hearing about the reshoots but actually the film was almost perfect.

There was a lot of good drama amongst the cast as they talk about their decisions, regrets etc - something I feared was cut when WB tried to make the movie more funnier.

The first 10 minutes were the most heavily edited scenes meaning its when we get all the backstory to all the characters. Thats when we see Harley talking with Joker and then suddenly she is strapped to the chair. A shame we didnt get more time to see their relationship progress but otherwise I loved how they edited the scene when Joker says "I'm just gonna hurt you really really bad" with a quick reverse shot which reminded me of something that David Lynch would have done.

Jared Leto is the craziest Joker ever. Sure he went over the top with the short runtime that he had on screen but I loved that! He definitely made you really tense up. I loved the set up of one scene with Joker where he is interrogating this guy in a kitchen while some big guy in the background is constantly hitting a board of raw meat with a Cleaver over and over.

Anyway there isnt as much action as I thought there would be (now I don't know what to believe because people said the reshoots purposely added more action and comedy but I doubt that because the movie did take itself seriously in many parts and like I said it wasnt full on quips although Boomerang did have a share of lines and everytime he spoke some people in my audience laughed (that straya accent did it).

There was also some girl in the cinema who sighed in the audience saying "He's so hot" when Jared Leto dived into the chemistry pool after Harley jumped in KEK.

All in all I give it an 8/10. My negatives are wishing some extra Joker scenes were kept in such as the one with half his face burnt as we saw in the trailer and some scenes like the flashbacks were edited too quick.

Yeah... This kid is at least 8th grade.

Joker in his edgy teenage years

Fuck off Ayer

I am sorry your life is so bad that you can't enjoy excellently made movies anymore

Jared delivered the most psychotic disturbed performance ever. I absolutely loved it!

I'm sorry that you're so autistic that you think this is an excellently made movie

Ohhh what type of user we have heeere

>look at me I can greentext

Lmao faggot I bet you don't even know how to bluetext

Jesus Christ, take it to a cringe thread

Imho as a movie it was shit. The Joker was great. Harley Quinn was entertaining half the time. Everything else didn't matter. But, the Joker was great. One of the best performances of any character I have ever seen. Too bad he had more screentime in trailers than he did in the actual movie.

What about that scene when Harley jumps into the pool, he turns around deep in thought before turning back around, pulling off his jacket and diving in.

The cinematography, music was fucking brilliant in that scene!

Please stop

Yes but one amazing scene doesn't mean the film was great as a whole. The movie was shit except for every scene he was in.

I disagree. Smith and the other Squad had brilliant performances

I feel for you not appreciating true art in film

>true art

This is either obvious bait or you're legitimately retarded

retard confirmed

>not knowing the true DC art
You have a lot to learn. There is tons of religious symbolism scattered in BvS

So?

It implies how much work DC puts into their films of course.

>platitudinal cultural references
>tons of religious symbolism
Always amazes me how mediocre is american culture compared to european one.

It implies that they're trying really hard to make it look like that. Sticking in religious imagery is the laziest way to look arty

Miley is in it?

moar amigo?

But Batman V Superman is the most European super hero film ever.

>The long pace
>All the symbolisms

Europeans like to make long films deep in interpretation.

That shot of Batman in the desert is so European, not giving the audience actually understanding to why he is there whilst if you are familiar with the Batman lore and have played the Injustice game, then you will know the meaning of that scene.

>desert
>european
are you even trying?

Margot Robbie is the only reason you need to see this flick

Anyone got a CAM link for it?

I was surprised how they allowed this in a PG 13 film

ouch

Saving this for a cringe thread

"He is Icarus too in some way" Holy shit

Go and support the film by buying a ticket! This film deserves a sequel and more scenes of Joker and Harley (Margot and Jared were the best casting decisions ever for the role).

Please stop

bruh help a poor nigga out

Projecting: the movie.

>liking fat asses
just stop there

>tfw marketing executives try everything

dat neck grab

Literally nobody said anything about liking fat asses

>tfw you have lost your soul to appreciate true art
Seriously, Suicide Squad is perhaps my second favorite film of the year. The Nice Guys being the first. That was brilliant and highly recommend

oops I mistook the video with you implying something else. Never mind

This is too much

you're getting payed to post this. fuck off and die, i'm gonna pirtae your shitty movie out of spite now

y u do dis?
guess i gotta google that shit

The best psychotic performance ever.

Jared's Joker is the God of Madness.

I had decently high expectations and I honestly thought it was massively disappointing.

OMG that picture is LITERALLY ME!

you can't see it in this webm that well but she actually kissing him first by pretending to be unconscious. Batman gets annoyed so grabs her throat kek

The greatest make up and clothing ever

Please stop

I liked it too. It felt more like Deadshot the movie, but I'm okay with that

Uhh this was the cringiest thing I've seen from the previews, I hope you aren't serious.
Unless there's a damn good reason for him to be laying in a circle of knives, this was set up just so they could shoot this scene, which is dumb as fuck. That's bad production.

Wait a few years watch it again when you are older. Then you'll see how much of a stupid faggot you are now.

It was okay. Lots of cringey humor for goth kids but there were some genuinely funny moments. The members of the suicide squad were entertaining with good chemistry, but they were all just thrown into a pot together with little buildup.

They may as well let Marvel do the DC movies at this point. DC's stuff has flashes of excellence but always fails to reach its potential.

They tried way too hard to make it appeal to mainstream audiences. My biggest problem was that it wasn't really a "suicide squad" movie, but a movie that had the suicide squad in it. The SS are supposed to do jobs the government wants done, but can't do officially because they're illegal, would cause an international incident, or otherwise make the government look bad. Hence why they're made up of super expendable villains. In this movie they were going to save the fucking world from an all powerful being that was going to destroy the world, something that would be more appropriate for the DC superheros to handle. It just didn't respect the source material and it focused solely on Flag, Deadshot and Harley while paying very little attention to the others. Also, other than taking up screen time the Joker had no business being in the movie, he didn't do anything that impacted the story, all he did was take Harley away for 5 minutes and then disappear for the rest of it.

I'm literally never going to watch it because I'm not 12

A guy on twitter saw a screening a couple months back and said it was amazing. He saw the final film a couple days ago and said they changed it for the worse. I believe him, there are good parts but also pretty bad parts. I feel it was good, but got cut up and put back together into a mess. There were some great parts but overall it failed completely, I don't think it deserves 26% more like around 50% or so. It fell into mediocrity and turned them into anti-heroes instead of villians, most of the jokes didn't land and were cringey. I feel bad for Leto as he put alot of work in but the joker was horrible. There was too much shoved in so many scenes were too short and just there to set up the story clumsily. The beginning felt squished as they crammed in tons of exposition on the characters. We don't see too many bonding moments throughout the film and by the end they all grow a conscience and are, and I quote a"family". The antagonist was fucking horrible and story was written in 6 weeks and it shows.
TL;DR
It was an interesting oppurtunity fucked up.

Loved this scene. You get a guy at the back constantly banging on a meat board with a cleaver which is very unsettling and then Joker enters, making moaning sounds with his mouth open almost the whole way through while constantly touching this guy's face.

Jared played such an unpredicatable character in the few minutes of screen time which he had. Truly an absolute brilliant performance which warrants a sequel.

inb4 "art"

It is 10/10 art. This film is a masterpiece of art.

Yep, good point, no reason for the joker to even be in this movie, except MAYBE in flashbacks. Though if he wasn't in it, what would draw in the edgelords to see the movie to sell tickets? Any real DC fan will tell you, the Riddler is Batman's true archenemy.

Middle of the road shit, it had potential but they botched it.

Is this legit? Do people actually think that DC would kill off superman?

You would need to be absolutely retarded

If I wanted art I'd go to a fucking art museum, but I don't because that shit is boring as fuck, and has no place in the entertainment industry. Art and entertainment do not mix. Would you go watch a 2 hour long movie of random paintings and statues? Hell no.

i got a booner

He's already trying to make his new favorite joker into memes

average

This is what I don't get. Anyone that says the movie was good has problems with the joker.
Anyone that says the movie was shit says the joker was the best part.

I get that you're working for Warner Brothers or whatever but you're not convincing anyone. You're making it look worse than it probably even is.

They re edited the Joker and hence why a lot of his scenes were missing from the film because the deleted scenes focus on Joker abusing Harley but since WB demanded the director to not release a cut of the film which was too abusive: a couple reshoots showed them to be more in a loving relationship but unfortunately no new scenes were filmed.

webm related is a deleted scene showing Joker confront the Squad and ask Harley to come with him but she instead says she wants to remain with the Squad and help them fight Enchantress.

It actually makes sense to cut this scene because if they kept it in, then the ending would have contradicted itself.

Sadly Ayer said he prefers this theatrical cut rather than the extended edition which is an entirely different movie in itself.

Because of Zack fucking Snyder being obsessed with it. No other reason legitimately.

Here is one of the deleted scenes where Joker slaps Harley.

That would be called exposition. And you have a complete misunderstanding for it and how it's used in film.

Fuck off angry joe and friends.

Seriously this is one of the best super hero films ever.

It gets everything perfect
>Dramatic characterizations
>Humor
>action

There was even a slo mo scene where Harley handed Deadshot (Will Smith) a gun and it reminded me of a shot from Bad Boys 2. Brilliant!

Go back to watching your boring talentless films then. Suicide Squad is a masterpiece with some of the best casting decisions ever put on film. Everyone was 100% fantastic

Fuck millennialis.
This is every one of them in a nutshell. No classic knowledge of anything good in Americas past. Only paying attention to shit that happens in their lifetime.