My boss's facebook says he likes Milky Chance, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Beck, Gorillaz, Pink Floyd, Kanye West...

My boss's facebook says he likes Milky Chance, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Beck, Gorillaz, Pink Floyd, Kanye West, and Radiohead. Is his taste patrician?

>Tool

quit today

milky chance and beck are like the opposite of patrician lmao

facebook pages aren't usually representative of people's taste tho because people usually only like the ones they like with official pages.

What's wrong with those bands? I'm not a huge fan, but they all got a few songs I like.

And do you all think he might smoke weed based on these? He acts pretty professional at work.

no, your taste isn't patrician

not patrician, but good

>beck
>opposite of patrician

I think you are the pleb here.
Milky Chance are fucking awful though

>calls beck pleb
>but not gorillaz

that is totally unfair

Nah, so many people like these bands, not everyone is the sterotypical pot smoking tool or gorillaz fan. Also his taste is not patrician but definitely better than average

did doggo get out??

Nothing. It's just that guy's opinion that Tool is bad. In my opinion Tool is cool.

witness the amount of subtlety now needed to bait Sup Forums

in my opinion Tool is fucking garbage nu-proge

Really? I think they put together pretty cohesive, engaging albums. Their fanbase is pretty shitdick, but their music is decent. Nothing special, sometimes the pseudo-intellectual pretentious lyrics clutter good instrumentation, but they're nothing terrible offensive.

They're all just bands that were popular with white, European stoner teens in the 2000s.
Facebook isn't a real indicator of anything anyway; I like loads of random music on facebook that I actually don't like at all. I regularly get confused scrolling through my newsfeed and finding updates from The Dashboard Confessional and A Perfect Circle , sometimes I remember to 'unlike' them though.

You boss is a regular person in his mid-late 20s or a tryhard dork in his 30s.

>bad is an opinion
Tool aren't very good. There's no value to their produce, they just layer aesthetics over instrumentation arranged to impress 15 year olds with greasy hair and use multi- syllable words to appeal to more 15 year olds who are desperate to look 'smart'.
Their music is the equivalent of the chubby kid in school he thinks he's the best at everything but is overwhelmingly average and obnoxious.

It could be worse

Allow me to enlighten you since you don't seem to know anything about music.

This is from an essay I wrote when I was a teenager and you'll notice it's 100x as intelligent as what you just had the nerve to post:

Tool was the most innovative band to emerge from grunge's second generation. Undertow announced their sinister, threatening and (in a subtle way) explosive blend of Led Zeppelin, grunge, heavy-metal and progressive-rock. The lengthy and brainy suites of Aenima displayed a shimmering elegance that was almost a contradiction in terms, but that was precisely the point: Tool's art was one of subtle contrasts and subdued antinomies, one in which existential rage and titanic will competed all the time. It was also a diary of primal angst, and the lyrical level truly paralleled the instrumental level.

Lateralus expanded on that two-level approach, with tracks that, musically, were multi-part concertos or mini-operas, and, lyrically, were Freudian sessions that elicited all possible interior demons.

The whole Tool discourse is such a meme

get well Shiba