Hey Sup Forums. Trying to get into rock/metal. Don't know a god damn thing about either, though...

Hey Sup Forums. Trying to get into rock/metal. Don't know a god damn thing about either, though. What are your favorite albums?

Sorry for being a fag. Pic was to get your attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-TrFwFs11Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM
youtube.com/watch?v=uq8zQIP5sxY&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=924bRfmiJ20&index=31&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA
youtube.com/watch?v=S7wntm7QVXQ&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=IVX4tumzsn0&index=18&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo
youtube.com/watch?v=oooqGHuWuXU&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=nxcJW6bs5os&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=18
youtube.com/watch?v=5B79m-FCkxE&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=MT4KJc0xths&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=YcfIGok1mMI&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=40
youtube.com/watch?v=YdGSrhu8yEs&index=30&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA
youtube.com/watch?v=I8th5LnfgxY&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=40
youtube.com/watch?v=SGRgAULYgWE
youtube.com/watch?v=j3OPOYG6XIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=8fEoWA9Vz3A
youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk
youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0
youtube.com/watch?v=B0zhXQdmnI0
youtube.com/watch?v=xJqAO6cwvfw
youtube.com/watch?v=EvjF7EqHMxI
youtube.com/watch?v=lHy-OVlijsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0
youtube.com/watch?v=IkRl84KdHcU&ab_channel=SteelPotato
youtube.com/watch?v=d6WpFkYbv9A
youtube.com/watch?v=MD7ISJ9rN4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=-TrFwFs11Jo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM

youtube.com/watch?v=uq8zQIP5sxY&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=25

youtube.com/watch?v=924bRfmiJ20&index=31&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA

OP my advice is don't start listening to 2000+ metal, a lot of it is just mainstream posers but there are still some good bands out there

best metal ever created was in 80s and 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=S7wntm7QVXQ&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=27

youtube.com/watch?v=IVX4tumzsn0&index=18&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo

youtube.com/watch?v=oooqGHuWuXU&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=8

i suggest you search for some playlist for classic heavy/thrash

Thanks Sup Forumsros.

Disturbed is a shitty band. Listen to literally anything from Avenged Sevenfold with the exception of their newest album which imo is not that great.

Fag

Disturbed is a shitty band, but A7X is even more shittier dude.

Try Megadeth - rust in peace

Metallica!!!!

Go back to cutting yourself

>rock/metal
No problem but asSaid, don't listen to 2000+ metal bands (same reasons) as far as rock goes there are many different types so I ll give you various bands
Foo fighters
Stone temple pilots
Alice in chains
Pearl jam (it's a bit special, not surprised if you don't like it but worth a try)
Wolfmother
Queens of the stone age (some are pretty good, some are shit)
You'll find others like these if you speak to the right people. Sorry I can't give links since I m on my phone and can't be bothered

Children of bodom
Kalmah
Death
in flames
At the gates
Beyond creation
Behemoth
Exmortus
Darkthrone
Equilibrium

> trying to get into
Kill yourself kid

Yep forgot to add mastodon, great band

>disturbed is shitty
>listen to avenged sevenfold bro

Listen to cheesy power metal, find what you like and work down from there. Alestorm and sabaton are pretty good a getting people to listen to metal, from my experience, as much 'metal' as you want to call them. Just make sure that at some point you listen to nightfall in middle earth and some of blind guardians other albums, all are great.

youtube.com/watch?v=nxcJW6bs5os&list=RDRp6HF7mxTlo&index=18

youtube.com/watch?v=5B79m-FCkxE&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=MT4KJc0xths&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=27

youtube.com/watch?v=YcfIGok1mMI&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=40

youtube.com/watch?v=YdGSrhu8yEs&index=30&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA

youtube.com/watch?v=I8th5LnfgxY&list=RDMWNx7jCyTFA&index=40

there is some really good stuff out there but you have to listen to a lot of shit untill you find it, maybe listen to some progressive like Dream Theater, maybe go through Megadeth/Anthrax discography you will find somethin you like 100%
youtube.com/watch?v=SGRgAULYgWE

"Trying" because it's hard to shift through all the shit in this genre when I know Sup Forums can help.

I've saw Children of Bodom once. If you have the opportunity to see them I would highly recommend it.

>Sabaton
Not op, tried listening to this a year ago and stopped listening after 25 seconds litterally

Not on any level

This a thousand times this. Also listen to Good mourning black friday, my last words, ashes in your mouth, kick the chair, end game.

Well for starters Disturbed is an example of cringe faggot bullshit. So is five finger deathpunch and Nickleback, also avoid aveneged 7 fold

The Kills
The Dead Weather

if you want some post 2k stuff and are a jack white fanboy

I fucking hate others peoples tatstes but GJ dawgs

youtube.com/watch?v=j3OPOYG6XIQ

Favorite rock song is Paralyzer.

Kek, I try more or less to be understanding but sometimes I m not
Foo fighters fag here

How could you call that cringe faggot poptrash rock?

Listen OP, when you discuss about metal, you'll see and hear all sorts of bands. Everyone will say different things.
-Some will be Korn-fags, take a few seconds stab to hear the vibe: youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc
-Others will be edgy BVB fans who pretend they're metal (pretty much not), take a look at this faggotery too so you may understand what's shit: youtube.com/watch?v=8fEoWA9Vz3A
-Most others will be elitists who listen to harder metal. Some of these people are more on the o-kay side who listen to good metal from 80's Metallica to Slayer etc here, 'Tallica: youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk
'n Slayer: youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0
-but then there's the br00tal guys who go into shit-gurgling-sounding gore metal with funnily retarded names (Torsofuck here): youtube.com/watch?v=B0zhXQdmnI0
Moderation is best. Get your own way. There's plenty of variety: Viking metal, Power metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash, Doom, Death, Brutal Death, just to name a few. Look up bands from each genre, see what you like, listen them again, pick your own way.
If you want to talk about rock, that's another discussion. AC/DC, Led Zepp, Foghat, Deep Purple etc. all great bands.

Also Dystopia

You forgot Foo fighters as a great rock band user, that is if you agree

I've been in modern extreme metal bands, even I, much like mr T, get down with fighting some foo's

I'm gonna hit you with some instrumentals

youtube.com/watch?v=xJqAO6cwvfw
youtube.com/watch?v=EvjF7EqHMxI
youtube.com/watch?v=lHy-OVlijsQ

big 4 in general have great music
you have to check some albums like
Megadeth:
>Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?
>Rust in Peace
>Youthanasia
Slayer:
>Hell Awaits
>South of Heaven
>Seasons in the Abyss
>World Painted Blood - even tho 2009 still really strong album
Anthrax:
>Spreading the Disease
>Among the Living
Metallica:
>Kill 'Em All
>Ride the Lightning
>Master of Puppets

Just about anything by Sabaton is great
Pic related one of their best/my favorite albums

Good, that means you've got a diversed musical taste

>Crisix

NO

Beyond Creation is extremely underrated.

Classic as fuck, someone new to metal should for sure experience these bands. You pretty much have them sorted out by greatness going from top to bottom

This.

oh yes i havent listened to Beyonnd creation lately ty

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Testament. I particularly recommend listening to Fear of the Dark, Hellion/Electric Eye, Painkiller, Two Minutes To Midnight, and Powerslave. Good intro to the genre.

I forgot plenty of great bands, I know, I couldn't list them all right on the spot, just gave a head-start. To be honest I didn't listen much FF, they seem oky. Also, just mentioning Motorhead because no one did so far. No one also mentioned Nirvana, which I know for many of you sounds cheesy, but as a beginner/if you're a teen, the classic Spirit song goes along well. OP should check them out to see if he finds it good.

Try Killswitch Engage

Nirvana is grunge, not metal.

For me nothing beats The Black Dahlia Murder's Deflorate, those lyrics are like drugs being injected right into the core of my being.

I also heavily fuck with Lamb of God even though the vocals are cringe.

The Haunted also have some god tier songs, and some weird as fuck ones.

well it worked faggot.
Pick and I will deliver random songs from each category based on how normie and pleb u r.
>soft
>norm
>hard
>xtra hard ascended

OP wanted rock OR metal. Seems kind of silly to need rock suggestions.
>Speaking of rock suggestion Black Sabbath is some good rock

Fair enough, no one mentions Nirvana because (on my opinion) you already hear it everywhere.
I don't think you've listened to all of FF, 95% of their songs are good but I won't push it if you don't care.
I do also have a bit of Motorhead on my phone, it's not bad but some songs are really shitty haha, anyway have to go bye bye fellahs

0 fucks given, he deserves some Asylum

angel of death oh yes
the scream in the beggining oh god yes
this song is for Josef Mengele doing medical experiments on jews in auschwitz

Metallica
Megadeth
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Dio
Rainbow
Opeth
Slayer
Death
Obituary
Exodus
Ozzy Osbourne
Aeon
Anvil
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Diamond Head
Clutch
AC/DC
Guns n Roses
Motley Crue
Misfits

Probably the best places to start.
Also, Keep your tastes varied.

Well what you sure as hell don't want is to start with Disturbed.

Based on your 9.9/10 list, I'll just ask you instead of hating. what's the appeal of AC/DC?

faggot

Yeah screw that, people who are not in the know that hear Nirvana or any drums & guitar jamming will say "rock" (although they might aswell say "metal" for BVB, but you get the point).
OP said rock/metal. Not rock OR metal. He doesn't know much so the two are kind of similar to him (they both share characteristics anyway), you probably should have figured that out.

well that song is great and fast paced thrash
you can't deny they have some good songs, even if their overall music is kinda shitty

nigga u pleb, normie songs of ACDC will be
>TNT
>u shock me all night long
listen to them

Also Tony hawk pro skater 3 and 4 ftw

This user has good taste. I'd also add:

Baroness
Rosetta
Intronaut
Cult of Luna
All Them Witches
ISIS

Woah woah woah, I don't think you know what that word means you utterly pathetic piece of trash. Disturbed is like a diaper under the trash bag at a fast food restaurant.

as I said, fag got.

Good old school rock, blues rock tainted hard rock and old classic simple but efficient riffs coupled with nice rythm.
AC/DC

Fair enough, and good point. OP and other noobs should know that grunge is different then both.

THIS

They directly convey the purity of hard rock. Every riff, solo and chant-along vocal encapsulates the sex of violence and the violence of sex. It's dirty music for bad boys to dance to with dangerous women.
Just my opinion, though.

godtier album. you should check it OP.

Hahahahahahaha i forgot about disturbed. Thats like elementary school shit.

acdc - highway to hell
acdc - rock or bust
acdc - shoot to thrill
acdc - thunderstruck
acdc - you shock me all night long
bon jovi - its my life
five finger death punch - wrong side of heaven (my fav)
kiss - i was made for loving you
kiss - rock'n roll all nite
arctic monkeys - do i wanna know

Symphony X

I like all their albums, maybe try Iconoclast and divine wings of tragedy.

Also muh nigga youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0

Listen to ingested, infant annihilator, acrania, sentenced, angel maker, rings of Saturn and shot done won :) all about the fucking broots.

Best metal genres are slam, BEATDOWN and deathcore

Metal.. depends on what you like. As long as I know Disturbed is more a hard rock band then metal band. I started with SOAD or Slipknot (if you consider them metal bands). Actually give it a try to watch Metal: A Headbanger's Journey and Global Metal. They should be useful for you. I listen to Skeletonwitch right now but I don't think you're gonna like it if you are at the very beginning of your metal journey. (There are different genres, I also tried Samael [industrial know] and and Rhapsody [Power metal if you like fantasy]. If you want something more.. metal try harder ones.

Metallica, Disturbed and All That Remains were my gateway bands when getting into rock/metal. Once you find your specific sound you'll never go back.

Tool, great prog metal band

The second half of that was corny as fuck

Skillet
Three days grace
Linkin park
Rammstein

I've listened to them, thus my questioning.

So like a slow ride in an old-school car

>cringe overload

Gloryhammer are a solid choice they might only have 2 albums but they are still one of the best modern rock bands
youtube.com/watch?v=IkRl84KdHcU&ab_channel=SteelPotato

You're both completely retarded if you think that metal ruined by being younger than the year 2000. If you think that no good non mainstream metal was produced in damn near the last 20 years you're just edgy faggot who haven't even tried to find the right stuff... and then one of you listed the fucking Foo fighters and pearl Jam? I mean this sincerely, please fucking kill yourselves

Too bad the singers the personification of a blood queef

Are you a 13 year old girl?

Great now everyone is going to debate what metal is good and what is bad and you're not gonna know which one to listen to

SO much good metal after 2010 even

no, im a rocker

Eh, I think his voice fits, because he's angry when he needs to be, and he's calm when he needs to be, you know?

get down with this

No one's debating if disturbed and a7x is trash or not and that's what's important.
>A7X, Disturbed, and Five finger deathpunch are gayer then fucking a penis with yours

>I'm a rocker

Listens to linkin park and three days of grace

Right, but I mean the shit he's said and done not in song makes him come off as desperate and like he's recovering from anal rape. Fucker's all about dat winery now

fuck i read angela merkel

OP do not get suckered into a forced Metallica kick. They fucking suck and just because some old heads fell in love with one of the first bands to have popularized a version of speed metal, doesn't mean you have to be a faggot and follow in their footsteps

>i give 5 props to this poster

100% ma niggah, most people listening to classic rock and metal are just edgey fucks who pretend to like it to seem cool. Listen to what the fuck you want to man

Moreover im listen to nirvana, tokyo hotel, Hollywood undead, they rock too

youtube.com/watch?v=d6WpFkYbv9A

Come crawling faster
Obey your master

How about now user?

Yeah, but that can be explained, in an interview back in the late 90's early 00's some time, he stated that he never takes himself seriously, and he started the winery mainly to get time off from his "crazy Tool fans" which I will admit, there's a lot of crazy fucks who take tool way to seriously, and I think that's the downfall of the band right now.

u can find rock music here
youtube.com/watch?v=MD7ISJ9rN4Q

Slayer
Sepultura (Old Sepultura)
Pantera
Nails
Harm's Way
Dillinger Escape Plan
Mastodon
Gojira

Meh, each to there own I guess

Sorry for being a dick