The 1906 Nobel prize was awarded to J.J. Thomson for proving that the electron is a particle...

The 1906 Nobel prize was awarded to J.J. Thomson for proving that the electron is a particle. The 1937 Nobel prize was awarded to G.P. Thomson for proving that the electron is a wave. (They were father and son)

Other urls found in this thread:

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/3/033018
youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave–particle_duality#Particles_of_electricity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/thread

What's strange about electrons is, while they have properties of both particles and waves, they cannot be defined wholly as one or the other. MIT's OpenCourseWare on into to quantum mechanics should help make it easier to understand

wait till you get to Rutherford's experiment wit dat juicy ass gold foil and alpha particles boiii

What's really funny is 99% of morons probably picture an electron flying through the air as a squiggly wave shaped line

But wawes and particles do not exist. It is only in our head. Just feeeble concepts used to make a virtual understanding of this world we could not understand otherwise

Shut up you retarded faggot.

That's not too far

Wawas do exist you autistic cunt

How could I shut up if i never spoke. You only read it in my voice.
Sentience is just a logical circle to hold our capacity of inteligence, so that we may not develop disturbing revelations.
Can we really judge what exists and what not?

I want a wawa breakfast sandwich
It has sandwich/breakfast duality

Its so obvious to me we are all living in a simulation it baffles me it is not more widely accepted.
We are like characters in the sims, realizing that everything is made up of pixels, and the world is only actually generated while its being observed

Get a load of this guy.

PHOTONS YOU STUPID FUCK
IT'S RIGHT THERE IN YOUR PICTURE.

And photons are particles, their movement exhibits properties of a wave because they're being affected by an extremely weak force that can only be observed by its effect on a massless particle.

Sprinke some pepper into a bowl of water. The more the better. Now drop a penny into the water. Notice how the pepper moves in the same pattern as the water its floating in? Wave-like motion despite being particles.
Think about that for a few years, you'll figure it out.

Why? Because someone told you? Because it is what you were thaught?
An average human has equal knowledge supporting that the earth is spherical and that the earth is flat. But they chjose to beleive the first because it's what they are said to beleive, not because they obtained the knowledge throug intelectual thought.
So? Can you say waves exist then? Or is it jut ypur beleif and conformity

You mean photons. I.e. light. I.e. electro magnetic radiation.

Which is NOT the same as an electron. To start with an electron has mass and a photon does not.

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/15/3/033018

Nice dubs, but the nothing is everything is nothing thing is sortof lame and new agey. Why not belive something like crystal acension or something cool? Or let me know where you get your weed.

But what difference does it make?

"you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded"

Knowing the true nature of our reality would create far reaching and dramatic changes to the way we live our lives

I mean if you want to paraphrase me... Yeah thats about right.

>you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4

>But they chjose to beleive the first because it's what they are said to beleive, not because they obtained the knowledge throug intelectual thought.
What?

We are taught by those who have more knowledge than us. Those who have been to University, or have done their own research/projects etc. These people then pass that knowledge down to you.

You can chose in school if you want to accept it or not, but you can also do you own experiments at home to back up your own knowledge.

I think the flaw you have is that you expect to be fed everything and you don't actually want to go out and figure it out for yourself.

You can make your own start maps/charts and make them very detailed over the course of a few months.

this is the most intelligent person on Sup Forums, I am stanford phd in physics and did undergrad in philosophy. he comes closer to understanding the relationship between thought and matter than 99.99999% of people

But that is the thing. Everything we believe we know is actually what we beleive we know. Ultimately it is the reason religion is a thing.
What is crystal acension?
Last time i did weed i made... something. I dunno what the machine does but I locked it away. Fuck that.

I've seen Jupiter revolving. Every celestial body above a certain mass is roughly spherical. At the very least the earth is an ellipsoid. Observations concerning day and night cycles, phases of the tidally locked moon, and the motions of planetary bodies against the backdrop of seemingly infinitely distant stars all support the round earth hypothesis. The universe would need to be rather bizarrely organized for the earth to be a flat plane. Look beyond the immediate to find cosmic truth. Be willing to test your alternate theories and see if they hold up to rational argument and abandon them if they are inconsistent with evidence.

nobel prizes are given by retards and handed to sometimes smart people
what did you expect?

Well OP's picture was the light experiment. So you can understand the confusion.

Additionally this is still stupid as fuck as it is talking about diffraction patterns and probability distributions through multiple slits from a electron beam (something that isn't shooting out 1 single electron).

So it's kind of like no shit. Plus most of these experiments are more a consequence of charged particles and the nature of energy and matter than anything particularly amazing.

You are right.
It is a problem that the people today are getting lazy and expecting to be fed information. It is unfortunately the nature of the world of today that we are surrounded by so much information we forget to question it. The last man who was considerd to have know everything died a thousand years ago. Now we have lost our curious nature in this sea of data.

Fantastic contribution to this board. We are better for having you.

I can see you have gained knowledge supporting you beleifs throuh experience, and i respext that. This is the true way to obtain knowledge. Most of the people i know would unfortunately not be so full of supportive experience. And it is indeed a problem of today. We do not. Question enough the information that is fed to us in such large amounts. But as it is the case with you i also see now that certaim times call to us to stop questioning things when we see any further efforts woild be futile. It is also a process we must embrace and consider.
Thank you

Wait...
that might actually be true

You must be retarded, he was making fun of you misspelling waves as "wawes". He said Wawas do exist, you know, the fucking convenience store. Then you had to go full autism and fire back with that to a joke.

the big bang was the program starting, electrons are pixles, and it also explains the fermi paradox

So... what is a wawa?
Also i mistyped it wawes not wawaes but nvm that i get what you ment.
Anyway yeah, wat are wawas?

We can never know if our perception of reality is accurate or not. As it is a product of evolution, therefor it does not need to be accurate but only capable of propagating.
Going as far as to say it's feeble or inaccurate is just as retarded as assuming it is accurate.
The only thing we can know is we don't know.

It's in my post dude, it's a convenience store.

...and theese changes being?...

>So... what is a wawa?
It is the uncertainty whether wawa exists that leads babies to cry in the middle of the night for their mama or daddy.

You sound like Jaden Smith.

Are you seriously getting butthurt about particle-wave duality?

What a time to be alive.

Oh sorry haha, i misread that bit.
Thank you anyways.
Yes i agree it may be stupid to question the perception we used to question itself. It is one of the logical circles i mentioned earlier. But i disagree that we may only know a lack of knowledge. It is as if saying there is only darkness, when in fact we need light to recognize it. We can gain knowledge through many means but most are considered invalid, such as beleif.
What i personally consider ultimate knowledge is the one we can extract from every single Way of Knowing.
I can elaborate on the ways of knowing from the Theory of Knowlege but i do not think it is relevant right now, unles some lurkers are interested.

There is no such thing as duality, it's just massless particles being pushed by waves.
The fact that people fail to realize this utterly baffles me.

Read the allegory of the cave fgt.

Kinda happy about it tbh. Inteligence hasn't died ou yet

Wrong picture for the statement of op
But
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave–particle_duality#Particles_of_electricity

Alright, so we see the evidence of the slit test, so aside from showing photons in a wave like state, what are the implications of this test? What is its potential in future studies?