ITT: Bands you never see discussed on Sup Forums

ITT: Bands you never see discussed on Sup Forums

Apart from ironic memes about the lewronggeneration boogeyman I don't think I've seen a Queen thread

Really Love Miami Horror, but i feel like im the only fan of them on this entire Korean Soup Recipe website

Force It [Chrysalis, 1975]

Heavy metal that's not hard to take? What? Well, the whole first side moves to smartly you could almost mistake it for rock and roll. B-

Obsession [Chrysalis, 1978]

I've admired their forward motion and facile riffs, so it's my duty to report that they've degenerated into the usual exhibitionism. Theme song: "Lookin' Out for No. 1," a turn of phrase that's becoming as much of a watchword in late '70s rock as "get together" was in the late '60s. C-

[Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies, 1990s]

I've never really seen The Fratellis talked about on here

Ladytron

DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH

Pat The Bunny or any of his projects

>>>>"AJJ" imo

UFO were probably the heaviest rock around in the late 70s outside of Judas Priest. But I do agree they're nearly forgotten nowadays.

or miss kittin

Probably because their songs aren't that distinctive enough. Priest's songs have that ability to really grab you. UFO just sounds like generic 70s hard rock.

>Kalle Kalima & K-18
>Army of Lovers
>Blixa Bargeld & Teho Teardo
>Amason
>Astronomikon
>CMX
>Coffinshakers

Michael Schenker played in UFO. Anything he touched automatically turned into mindless buttmetal.

Lil Oklahoma sadly.

Yeah the Scorpions were pretty boring. I never got what the deal was with them either.

Indeed.

He is a technical god, but there are only so many cool riffs you can listen to before you want more substance in your music. That's a general problem with Heavy Metal / Hard Rock though.

They were once a big hit in Japan now no one cares

Sounds like something Christgau would say. Metal is just mindless wankery with no lyrical content.

not all Metal, but some sure

I like The Scorpions, but listening to several albums of them in a row is not a fun experience.

btw Christgau put the Scorpions in his shitbucket list and never bothered reviewing any of their albums

Because his pwecious New York Dolls and Ramones were the apex of songwriting?

NOW I WANNA SNIFF SOME GLUE
NOW I WANNA HAVE SOMETHING TO DO
ALL THE KIDS WANNA SNIFF SOME GLUE

>1975
Damn, that cover art really looks 80s. These guys were prophets.

Christgau has no problem with dumb songs, he has a problem with dumb songs that have too much wankery and guitar noodling.

All Scorpions tunes are just mindless songs about girls and fucking with Klaus Meine's pidgin English vocals.

Fan fact: that's Genesis P-Orridge on the left

But Phenomenom is really good.

Also, this.

That's just being an idiot.

Like, the font and script and the grid background. Years ahead of its time.

That and JP having Rob the god voice singing. Phil Mogg just can't compare.

UFO were plenty popular...in Europe. They never had a huge following among Americans, with Lights Out being their peak over here.

so is like Deep Purple?

Early Deep Purple was more popular in the USA and pretty much unknown anywhere else if I'm not mistaking

beat me to it

Fun Fact: That's Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti on the album cover

Purple are mostly known here for Machine Head and that was chiefly due to producing one massive hit single.

I was referring to the Mark I era of the band, forgot to mention that

Again though, to get popular in America, you needed to have something cool and unique about you. Bands like Status Quo, Slade, and UFO just lacked that extra oomph needed to sell records here.

momcore

Not for lack of effort, mind you. Slade toured a bunch here, even opened for Aerosmith, but Americans didn't care.

Don't know why.. Sup Forums never talks about Kettel

I hope you don't seriously believe this. Historically ta been the opposite where Americans have been more receptive to trendy, heavily marketed artists.