I remember when this album first came out and almost everyone loved it, and barely a year later everyone shits on it

i remember when this album first came out and almost everyone loved it, and barely a year later everyone shits on it.
will Sup Forums ever be anything but shit?

because this one album isn't being discussed Sup Forums shit huh? REALLY?

just because people have different opinions from yours (basically realized that this album is musically dull, and only interesting because of the lyrics and the theme which are connected with his death), it doesn't mean that people or their opinions are shit

It has always been shit imo

>just because people have different opinions from yours
i haven't listened to it, nice assumption, faggot.

kys

great comeback
go suck a dick

so you're angry on Sup Forums without any reason
you just don't like that opinions change, and that's why people on here are shit, right?

I'm gay so okay? kek

who said i was angry?
i'm just pointing out that people on Sup Forums are faggots who go along with whatever meme is popular at the moment, and don't actually have real opinions.
good for you

what is a real opinion lmao this should be good entertainment for the next 5 minutes

what music do you listen to

if you praise a meme album because it's popular, only to turn around and condemn it when that's the thing everyone is doing invalidates your opinions in my eyes. of course, i shouldn't have to explain this in detail considering it's central to the fucking point i just got done expressing in my last post, so you should already understand this if you are capable of fucking reading.
muh dick

what makes an album a meme?

And where is the evidence that Blackstar is being shitted on when it's consistently making top 10 and top 5 in every year end list?

but thats just fucking wrong
what happened is people praised it, and now different people are shitting on it. Believe it or not, Sup Forums isn't one entity. Its made up of hundreds, if not thousands, of posters.

>what makes an album a meme?
look up the definition of the word. if you're on Sup Forums i shouldn't have to explain to you what a fucking meme is.
>And where is the evidence that Blackstar is being shitted on when it's consistently making top 10 and top 5 in every year end list?
i guess you really can't read, you fucking mental invalid. this thread is about Sup Forums, not every shitty music publication on the internet.

>people on Sup Forums are faggots who go along with whatever meme is popular at the moment

i agree with this

also easy to make Sup Forums hate an album/artist, you just need to post it diligently enough for a some time (usually it's not longer than 3 weeks), you'll find people who also dislike this album/artist, and they'll also start posting hate threads
then some other people will start shitting on that album/artist for the sake of meme. Some ot the dumbest Sup Forumsdrones will start believe in this meme just because of how it's popular to hate this thing/person/band

that's basically how it works, i'm not on of the people who started this thing with blackstar altough i'm glad that someone did it

i also think this album is even more overrated than lemonade

it's easy

please define meme album you failed to accurately respond to my first point

And my second point stands, how is Blackstar getting shit on when it's in every AOTY thread and on multiple user's 2016 best albums listings?

I'll wait

$

(there was supposed to be that blackstar symbol fuck)

this.
i have no opinion on blackstar at all, but you have to be a fucking idiot () to think that 80% of people on Sup Forums aren't just sheep that go with whatever opinion they get spoonfed so they can regurgitate it for (you)s.
>please define meme album you failed to accurately respond to my first point
christ, i guess i really do have to sit down and explain basic concepts to you. a meme is something that becomes popular through repetition and imitation. basically, a bunch of people get together and say an album is good, whether or not that's actually true, and so more people say it's good so as to conform to the group mentality.
>And my second point stands, how is Blackstar getting shit on when it's in every AOTY thread and on multiple user's 2016 best albums listings?
jesus christ you're this as pig shit. no your point doesn't stand. this thread is VERY SPECIFICALLY about Sup Forums's reaction to blackstar, not the general reaction to blackstar.
please neck yourself

thank you for defining meme album

And my second point stands, how is black star getting shit on when it's in every Sup Forums AOTY thread and on multiple user's 2016 best album listings?

>how is black star getting shit on when it's in every Sup Forums AOTY thread and on multiple user's 2016 best album listings?
a few anons posting blackstar in aoty threads doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of posts about blackstar ATM are negative, when compared to a year ago.
kys yourself

the crowd here has changed since this album came out, people stopped visiting Sup Forums because Sup Forums was in the news

A real opinion is one that is base on experiences and knowledge of a certain subject. He's implying people are bandwagoning and signing onto flavor of the week releases because it's the "cool" thing to do.

The hivemind is strong as fuck on Sup Forums unfortunately and you bastards will pretend there isn't such a thing but it's pretty rampant through every single board on this site.

are opinions not allowed to change over time? What percentage of the board population must continue to praise the album for overall reception to be positive in your view?

worst thread in the history of Sup Forums

Someone I might actually be able to have a discussion with finally

I agree the hivemind is strong on Sup Forums, always has been. But let's expand our views a bit, is a site like Reddit also not extremely hivemind? How about tumblr? I don't see how you can complain about hivemind when the hivemind affects every frequent user of sites like these, it's promoted in a way to have a core base of people with similar ways of thinking

Certainly opinions can change over time. However, the opinions formed in the first place weren't validated through any means, therefor had no ground to stand on. It's like having values or ideals you stand for, you have something to back it. Opinions should be the same way. Turning around and disliking albums because p4k and Fagtano give them low scores is absolute pleb-tier bullshit.

As a matter of fact, one of the things I abso-fucking-lutely hate about Sup Forums is how reliant this board is on eating the shit that various music review journals shovel out. And this goes back to real opinions. A majority of people here rely on reviewers and critics to formulate their own opinion on an album. It's like 90 percent of Sup Forums doesn't actually understand music and has to have nuances and ideas behind records explained to them in detail by some music critic because they can't pick and choose the parts they like or understand why they like them.

>are opinions not allowed to change over time?
meme opinions aren't real opinions, stupid poseur.
>What percentage of the board population must continue to praise the album for overall reception to be positive in your view?
i don't have a fucking specific percentage of people that like/dislike blackstar, nor do i need one to see that there is way more hate for this album than there was not a year ago when the hype machine was in full effect, but now that the dead bowie hype has died down, the bandwagon has lost steam, and the reationary meme momentum has gone in the oppisite direction, carrying with it all the stupid faggots on this board with it.

Thanks for bumping it, faggot.

Sup Forums is literally the only "social" website I go to aside from Facebook. I hate reddit, I have never even been on tumblr, and I avoid instagram and all other social media platforms like the plague. Specifically because of the hivemind that comes with communities like that.

I really only come to Sup Forums when I visit Sup Forums, and when I do, it's blatantly obvious a majority of it is bandwagoning without any real understanding of music. Music discussion here has been dulled down extensively due to the fact that people would much rather discuss the latest Scaruffi review than the actual fucking music itself.

I will certainly not argue that every community has its hivemind. However, people should try their damndest to stay the fuck away from becoming part of it. Free thinking. Forming your own opinions. Not relying on a fucking p4k article to form your opinion of an album or artist. Being a strong enough person to speak out and express your opinion without fear of being judged. The hivemind gets rid of all of that. People get flame baited and trolled and catch feelings and decide they have to meme-along as well in order to have a decent time on any board, and it's kind of pathetic.

I think you're making the same mistake the other guy was. I want to point you to You believe that most of the people here are hivemind when you can find the /p4k/ General on the front page right next to a thread shitting on pitchfork completely and all of its followers. Sure hivemind affects this place but gross, and partly inaccurate, generalizations dont capture the big picture, they just make it easier to categorize something in our own minds

that post is fucking dumb, and wrong, so pointing him to it is a worthless gesture

to add to this post, it's just one example I know, I actually think this thread is a great argument against the hivemind on Sup Forums assuming everyone itt frequently visits

No, Sup Forums has a pretty well known history of following flavor of the week titles. Seriously. It's not a misunderstanding, it's literally what happens. What happens is an album comes out, people make their opinions, a review comes out panning said album and suddenly everyone and their mom hates the album that two weeks ago they were praising. I understand it could be dissenting opinions from hundreds of different people, however, there is a community here. A lot of recurring posters. I can almost guarantee you music reviews play a huge part in forming the "opinions" of a vast number of people on Sup Forums.

>9 posters is a sufficient sample size to base judgments of the entire normal userbase of Sup Forums
how can one person be this dumb

but at this point we're getting almost into the statistics of the user base, something neither of us can actually measure. I can show you two threads right now calling pitchfork's AOTY complete trash. I can also show you a thread of multiple anons praising Blonde, another p4k darling this year but I can't tell you the specific percentage of people who's opinions were affected by pitchfork itself. I do believe pitchfork, Fantano etc have a huge influence on Sup Forums opinions but they don't go directly in line with these publications and reviewers, if anything they are used a basis for further discussion which leads to scenarios I presented at the beginning of the post

Look. I've been coming here for years and years. It's pretty obvious what goes on here and it's no secret that reviews formulate a vast majority of people's opinions here. The music review culture is strong as hell here, the problem is, none of the posters are actually reviewing music themselves. They don't form their own opinions. They listen to Fagtano or Scaruffi or TMT or Pitchfork or whatever it may be. It's sad.

Once again you're making generalizations but you've yet to point me to a thread where anons are praising a p4k list or simply agreeing 200 posts in a row about a Fantano video. If you actually frequent this board, you know that NEVER happens

you don't need 100% of people to agree on something for there to be a groupthink mentality, fucking idiot.

ah you again sorry I haven't replied in a while, this other user just interest me more here go tackle this and I'll get back to you

my last post refutes that too.
it amuses me how you can be so arrogant when every point you've raised is immediately BTFO.

then what percentage? If we're talking about percentages we need to go into statistical data, something neither of us have, if we were to go into an argument about that we would simply be flinging misinformation at each other

see the second part of

Thank you we won't go into bullshit statistics like I was hoping we weren't. Now to go back to specific examples since that's is all we have left, show me a thread where most people in the thread are praising blackstar or any other highly rated album by pitchfork/Fantano/scaruffi. I would also accept vice-versa

>Thank you we won't go into bullshit statistics like I was hoping we weren't.
you were literally the only person bringing statistics up.
>show me a thread where most people in the thread are praising blackstar or any other highly rated album by pitchfork/Fantano/scaruffi. I would also accept vice-versa
there's two because i'm not going to bother spoonfeeding you more examples of the blatantly fucking obvious.

No you actually brought up statistics when you were said 100%

Also those threads are full of anons displaying hivemind behavior of all agreeing with the OP so you will need to provide better examples. I literally just got done reading the Fantano thread because of this one here you made actually. Your problem is your extremely liberal use of the word hivemind. It's not a hivemind if everyone isn't having the same similarity of though process which neither of your examples show

I'll continue to wait

whoops typo mean to say are not displaying hivemind, which I can link you to specific posts in those threads should you need further clarification

Still waiting

>No you actually brought up statistics when you were said 100%
i said that specifically to point out that statistics were unnecessary, retard.
>Also those threads are full of anons displaying hivemind behavior of all agreeing with the OP so you will need to provide better examples. I literally just got done reading the Fantano thread because of this one here you made actually. Your problem is your extremely liberal use of the word hivemind. It's not a hivemind if everyone isn't having the same similarity of though process which neither of your examples show
you've essentially just looked at the evidence i gave you and gone "nu-uh!"

I can point out exactly why you re wrong by linking you to specific posts in that thread, just let me know if you want me to as I said

i'm waiting

Let me know if you want me to go over the other thread, that took far less time than I thought it would

first post is bait
other than that you have 3 posts out of 33.
real compelling evidence there, sheriff.

That's not 33/33 so it's not a hivemind

Are you actually retarded?

When an album comes out, the people who talk about it will be the ones who were hyped enough for it in the first place to listen to it right away, whereas, after seeing it spammed constantly for years, the people shitting on it will be the people tired of seeing the hype didn't die down for what wasn't that great an album. It's a natural progression, if it didn't work that way, then this may as well be plebbit where they downvote opinions that don't keep to the hivemind.

congrats. only the vast majority of the board are posuer fucks. just like i said was the case multiple times.

The threads praising Blackstar were over a year ago. I'm not wasting my time digging through archives to prove some arbitrary argument that, in the grand scheme of things, is not at all important. It's pretty common knowledge that reviews form a lot of opinions here. You even have threads of people asking "What should I think about this?"

buts it's not a hivemind like you were trying to say

That's all i was trying to disprove lol

Sounds like you're just lazy. And for someone who frequents /my/ so much you should know those threads are joke threads

talking about the "what do I think of this" threads obviously not the blackstar ones (actually they could be too who knows with all the post irony going on here)

>buts it's not a hivemind like you were trying to say
i never said hivemind. are you seriously so stupid you can't differentitate between posters?
>That's all i was trying to disprove lol
so you were just making an insipid, bullshit pedantic argument to refute a term i didn't even use?
you are truly a stunning intellect.

you were basically agreeing with him even though you didn't use the exact same term. Now I've forced you to concede that front and pedal back to a safer position of "most people are under groupthink" instead of your previous "all of Sup Forums is review babbies"

Or you can try to go back to your specific posts and prove me wrong, I'll wait

>I'm gay
kys

>Or you can try to go back to your specific posts and prove me wrong, I'll wait
it's supremely funny how you keep saying "i'll wait" only for me to come back with something that immediatley debunks all of your stupid bullshit.
in that post i put the number at 80%. obviously i don't mean the number is literally 80%, i'm just saying that the vast majority of people on Sup Forums are posuer sheep.
here i'm also saying that i don't need 100% of Sup Forums to be in agreement for my point to be correct.

i should also point out that focusing on the term "hivemind" as if it's some kinda gotcha is fucking retarded and doesn't refute any of the underlying points. also, there can be a "hivemins" mentality without every single person agreeing. the term "hivemind" is a chan meme that's been around to describe the userbase here since time immemorial. focusing on it to prove your point instead of actually arguing with the underlying premises makes you look like an autistic sperg (which you are).

Sure some of those threads are joke threads, but people seriously ask how they're supposed to feel about certain albums all the time, very sincerely. In regards to the hivemind: 100 percent of the population of a forum following an idea would certainly be a hivemind, but a large majority of people parroting the same memes and opinions on albums because it's what everyone else is doing is a fucking hivemind. It doesn't have to be absolute 100 percent. Sure, I'm lazy. Because I know what is and isn't worth my time. This discussion has proven to be the latter, so. Happy Holidays, in before "you got BTFO". Sure. Sure I did.

You were making a gross generalization that everyone here gets spoonfed their opinions directly from review publications but got proven with specific examples to be wrong. That much is evident from the OP, and over the course of the thread you were proven to be wrong

no please don't stop now we're only getting into the second half of this whole thing now

This debate is retarded. I really don't care about the innerworkings of the Sup Forums community or the statistics. I come here to talk about music, not demographics.

>You were making a gross generalization that everyone here gets spoonfed their opinions directly from review publications
no i wasn't
> but got proven with specific examples to be wrong.
you didn't prove shit
>That much is evident from the OP
no it isn't
>and over the course of the thread you were proven to be wrong
no i wasn't

you've yet to disprove my point that the vast majority of people on Sup Forums are poseur faggots who's opinions change based on whatever is the popular to think at the moment.

then I suggest making threads about albums you want to discuss instead of making meta threads about how this place sucks

If this was a thread actually discussing blackstar, both of us would have had a better time regardless of our subjective opinions on the record because I can tel you at least aren't a poser tool like most people here

Be the change you want to see in the world etc.

I wasn't trying to disprove that the vast majority were, only that's it's not all of Sup Forums like you were trying to say. That I accomplished.

>then I suggest making threads about albums you want to discuss instead of making meta threads about how this place sucks
that guy wasn't the op, i was.

you're retarded

I'd give you the same advice

I never implied he was OP, nice projecting "retard"

look dude, i'm gonna be honest. take it for what you will.
i literally come onto this board every two months or so from Sup Forums specifically to shitpost. everything i said in this thread was specifically just to send someone like you into an autistic fit because someone made a spurious claim on the internet before i went to work. i've literally posted like four threads in the last couple of hours just like this on various boards, but you're the only retard i've gotten to come with me this long.
you should really learn to pick you you're battles, kiddo.
p.s. you suck at arguing. you couldn't even effectively take down intentionally incorrect arguments without strawmen.

I'm not OP bud. I don't make threads unless I feel it actually warrants discussion.

You told me to make threads about albums rather than meta threads about how this place sucks.

You most certainly implied I was OP.

wow what a tool you are

>I was trolling all along I swear

Nice now we can end the thread. I have nothing to do as I'm on break right now and just wanted to win the argument. Thank you.

You are the type of poster keeping this place alive, keep up the good fight

nope nothing in that post indicates that I thought you were OP of this thread

what else do you expect from Sup Forums

good point kek

He actually wasn't that bad I thought he from Reddit or some shit at first

It's only edgy underage contrarian opinions, OP

It's because most people on Sup Forums follow what critics say to the word. I mean, it's ok to watch critics and agree with what they're saying, but letting them change your mind on something is a bit mindless, try formulating your own opinions after listening to the reviews, or don't listen at all. It's a 7.5/10 album imo, it's supported by the fact Bowie died because of the lyrical themes

i still like this album