Sup Forums I'm terrible at buying food for myself at the supermarket. I always just get the same 10 or so things; eggs...

Sup Forums I'm terrible at buying food for myself at the supermarket. I always just get the same 10 or so things; eggs, milk, cold cuts, yogurt, cereal, soda, granola bars, cookies, bananas, and coffee, and other stupid shit like that. Things that you like eating when you're in elementary school.

I always end up getting food outside somewhere like McDonald's or a diner or Mexican or Chinese. I'm skinny but I feel like I don't have any energy because I never want to eat any of this garbage, but I'm too retarded to take the time to learn about what good healthy shit I need to buy from the store.

What are some good, cheap, relatively healthy things that you always get from the store and eat every day?

Chicken and eggs, fucboi

Peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, some olive oil or unsalted butter for sauté. About $10 for 5-10 servings depending on combinations.

just go look for some recipes that sound yummy to you and buy the ingredients!

This was me in university
Like exactly

best cut of meat for the price?

go buy some beef short ribs and marinade those fuckers in some Asian sauce for 24 hours then slap those fuckers on the barbeque.

be adventurous and cook new things

>What are some good, cheap, relatively healthy things that you always get from the store and eat every day?
Look up recipes
It will make you buy things you normally wouldn't

>best cut of meat for the price?
Pork belly

Chicken in abundants, lean turkey and beef (93/7), rice, pasta noodles (penne fav.), pasta sauces, boboli pizza crusts, pizza sauces, fat free kraft cheese, kashi go lean crisp (CRISP is the best kind, trust me), oatmeal packets (flavor variety),100% extra virgin olive oil, basil, garlic/garlic salt, pepper, coconut cooking spray, spinach, croutons, various salad mix/spring mix, frozen fruit (last a while frozen), bananas, avocados, bread rolls. along these lines is what i get weekly.

btw... make this sauce and you'll impress everyone. friends Filipino family taught me secret recipe

>UFC banana sauce
>sweet soy sauce
>shredded garlic
>lime juice
>salt
>pepper
>chili peppers to taste

dump all that shit into a container and marinade for 24 hours and baste the meat while you cook

also, hamburger buns, kraft singles or borden cheese slices, tomatoes, pickles, onions, real mayo (been conflicted back and forth between light mayo and regular, regular cannot be beaten)

bro this just opened my eyes.

Thank you

Not OP here but I just bought this box of frozen taquitos, there's about 30 in here. I have bomb hot sauce I steal from this Mexican place down the street. How bad are frozen foods for you that need to be microwaved 2+ minutes for consumption? I eat about 6 per serving if I'm too lazy to make anything else for lunch.

I'm the same way but fat. I shop for my girlfriend and kid and they eat somewhat healthy. My go to grocery list is;

"Organic" chicken - $4/lbs
Gras fed ground beef - $5/lb
Whole Milk gallon - $3.25
Greek yogurt - $4.50
A lot of broccoli - $1.28/lb
Bagged kale and spinach - $3.58/lb
Bananas - $0.78/lb
Apples - $5 bag
Watermelon - $3.98 per
Oatmeal - $3.12 for bigger tube
Steamed bags of veggies - $1.17 per
Sugar free Popsicles - $2 per bag
Sirloin steak - $5.67 per pound
Onion - cheap as hell
Box if Capri Sun - $2.28
Bags of Diamond Almonds - $7 per
Welchs watermelon juice - $2.15 per
Mini wheats - $4 per box
Jif peanut butter - $2.58 per jar
Whole wheat bread - $2.58 per loaf
Unsalted butter - $4 for pack of 4
Mixed bags of cheese - $2.50 per
Froze blueberries - $10 for 3lb bag
Totinos pizzas - 5 for $5
Tortillas - $2 per 10
Bag of taco flavored Doritos - 2 for $4

apples, oranges, buy pasta and sauce, look up recipes you can make, buy chicken, lettuce, tomatoes

and buy hotpockets

Not sure how much more organic or grass fed stuff costs, but if it's more then it's not worth it.. just buy regular.
Opt. for diet drinks ALWAYS.
Try to get natural peanut butter if you can. (Almond butter is crazy good too)
Other than that, good list user.

And cage free eggs - $3.20 for 18pk

Btw this is the juice we get and its fucking great.

>Sirloin steak - $5.67 per pound

This is what americans pay for sirlion steak????

Holy shit what the fuck am I doing living here in the UK.

how much greek yoghurt are you buying though, and how many apples are you getting in a $5 bag?

Jesus some of your prices sound like a fucking dream. Except that bread though. Jesus, you could make 5 loaves yourself for that price.

I'm sure it's all a fucking sham but makes me feel better when I cook for my daughter. There's a Tyson plant close to my hometown and friend that have worked there tell me to never buy the normal chicken.

The grass fed beef is actually pretty but but I do get the giant 10lb logs of 85/15 normal ground beef once in awhile.

Also OP, stay away from potatoes, rice, and a lot of bread. Meats and veggies and fruit is mostly what you need. Everything else is for fun.

Ah, yeah. If I had a kid I'd most likely get the grass fed or organic stuff too.
Starchy carbs like potatoes and rice are fine if he works out. If he's a lazy fuck then yeah, he should stay clear. Bread is "ok" in moderation, like not every single meal. I usually get sprouted bread (healthiest thing you can get that actually is bread)

I eat a lot of soups, chicken wings, stuffed peppers, and fresh fruit.
Low carb bread is expensive but I buy it to make grilled cheese to go with the soup.

Everything in Britain is expensive because most things are imported

I live in Minnesota so meat it cheap. Grocery prices on the coasts are WAY more expensive. Like $7 gallons of milk and what not.

The apples are usually 2-3 lbs. Depends are what brand and type.

The yogurt comes in tubs. Pic related.

We don't deal with bread that much so I don't mean mind paying for the good stuff. The generic break is like $1.15 per loaf. I get some "natures harvest" 100% whole wheat crap.

You can't be bad at buying fucking groceries

I'll have to check that bread out. One piece of toast in the morning is fine but when I used to be really heavy I would make peanut butter sandwiches all the time and it became a problem. Sometimes you go with the easiest option which is almost never the best one.

And starches are fine but I didn't take OP for a gym rat. Mostly because he can't shop for shit. Meat heads I see at the store go crazy and know exactly what they are getting every time.

boneless chicken breast
frozen broccoli
whole grain brown rice
some baby carrots w/ hummus
greek yogurt
folgers coffee
whole grain bread
natural peanut butter
fruit that's in season/on sale
milk if i feel like it
steel cut oats(usually raw, but instant if it's on sale depending on brand)