"I don't care... he killed my Mom"

"I don't care... he killed my Mom"

In this circumstance, would you have the same ideology?

Yes

Yes and I don't feel bad at all for him forming that opinion.
If someone killed my Mother I would want them dead

Bucky deserved to die even if he didn't kill Tony's mom.

I think the fact that Tony says "my Mom" speaks so much more powerfly than if he had said "my Dad" even though everything we know about him is more tied to his Dad.
It's His Moth3r, 4hat gave birth to him... that gives the scene power.

No, because even though I'm not one of the smartest people in the world like he is, I can clearly see that faggot Zemo (who just happened to know all three of us were going to be here somehow) just wants to destroy me and my buddies from within, but no, I choose not to because I'm in an emotionally "powerful" scene in a disney Marvel film made by the Russo bros.

If you had just seen your Mom murdered on screen before you and learned the indentured if the guy at the same time you would try to kill him.

No

Yes.
Easily.
Logic aside, he killed my Mom, who has done nothing but love me and want the best for me. I want him dead.

Any9ne that says no has either no emotion or had shit parenting.

Yes.

My Mother dead.
We need to have some justice for that.

If it was my Mom?
Yes.

Yea, probably and thats why I love this movie so much because everything about the third act is so well done and it doesn't feel the need to end with a stupid boss battle or a fight between the teams of heroes. Rather that is the second act finale and what we're left with is raw emotion.

Wasn't she dead for like 25+ years? None of my parents have died so I don't know. But I'd think that would be enough time to maybe consider the whole brainwashing thing.

>le killed my parents

I this the only motivation capeshit writers can think of?

He blamed his dad for killing his mom by driving poorly. Then he learned that Cap, who his dad adored and kept comparing him to and saying he came up short against, had been keeping secret the fact he knew that Bucky had killed his parents.

Tony's actions after that absolutely make sense if you've followed his arc across the movies, or even just in Civil War.

Why does putting le in front of that make it invalid?

Yes, but not as much as >muh

Literally murder him? No

Beat the ever loving shit out of him? Yes

>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis.

>This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.

I'm a rich internationally loved billionaire superhero with a suit that can fly and shoot lasers who treated my parents like shit when I was a spoiled little rich brat? No probably not. I never would have been in that situation. I'd have sold my dads shitty company and kept royalties and just fly around in my badass suit all the time.

>I think the fact that Tony says "my Mom" speaks so much more powerfly than if he had said "my Dad"

Yeah that got me.

It wasn't "My parents"

Just his mom.

Nigga went full blown Roids Downsey Jr Bacon

If I had ptsd, my friend crippled my the ai I created, almost had the world destroyed by the other ai I created, and lost the love of my life?

Yeah. I kind of thought Bucky needed to be put down. Especially since the programs are still in his mind.

Depends. Have I spent several days going through an emotional ringer because I was trying to keep all my friends out of jail only for them to willingly walk right into jail and yell at me for it while crippling my be friend?

Anyone that says "no" is either lying or didn't have a close connection with their Mom.

Logic aside, any good son would want that fuckers dead.
Again, logic aside. Because logic had no place here. This faggot KILLED your Mom. You would want him dead.

Yes. Fuck Bucky. Sorry he's your friend Steve but nigga gotta go.

No
Bucky had no control over himself

literally "Bucky dindu nuffin"

Really though
It would be like blaming the car for causing the accident

Yes he literally did nothing. He was brainwashed

Dumb excuse.

This faggot KILLED your mom.

Not of his own free will

Does free will really even exist though

Yes and no
If it's Bucky, no. Winter Soldier, yes.
So if I was Tony, I would said the words that brainwash him into the Winter Soldier then kill him.

>Not of his own free will
You wouldn't make that distinction faggot. Especially if you love your Mom.

>not wanting to become a lowlife criminal just like him = no emotion and shit parenting

alright, kid.

Let's be honest here. Howard Stark was a billionaire playboy at an age when being sexist was okay. We all know Tomy grew up with eight mothers.

Honestly this. If I knew that he did it while being controlled I wouldn't want to hurt him. I would want to kill the people that controlled him.

It doesn't matter the decision was made by russians and bucky was brainwashed to follow it.

EDGY
D
G
Y

This. The 3rd act was 10/10.
The rest of the movie was mediocre.

Yes I would

>Did you know?
"No"
>Don't Bullshit me Rodgers, did you know?
"...yes"
That right there would trigger me.
My Mom is murdered in the ground and this faggot lied to me about it.

Objectively false.
Bullshit

This man killed your Mom.
Your fucking Mom.

Do you have no respect?
End him.

Sure, maybe if you had a day or two to think it over you would come to this conclusion, most people would, but Stark had about 3 minutes under stressful conditions. It's not surprising he would go all KILL THE FUCKER when he did.

No the rest was above average and not mediocre.

The people who gave the order killed her. Bucky was innocent, hell killing him would make you the bad guy.

No. I'm not an idiot or a bitch.

The question isn't about what's right
The question is about what the humane thing to do in the moment would be.

You don't have time to think, all you know is this fucker, this criminal, this guy that has been at the center of everything that has destroyed your group of friends... ueah, he also murdered your Mother.

In the moment, you would we want and try to kill him.
To have a different response than that... how can you?

These faggots remind me of that family who sued the fire dept. because their dumbass kid went outside in a storm and a tree fell on him.

muh mom is ded, some1 haz 2 pay!

Tony was in no way more justified than Zemo would be for killing Tony. The death of his family is all Tony's fault.

>i don't think that even the smartest people in the world can have mental problems.

The question isn't about what's morally "right".
The question is about what you, in the monet, as a human being, would react to learning this asshole ended your Mother's life.

If I had an ironman suit on, yes absolutely

I probably would have pulled out all the stops and killed both of them without fucking around.

His suit was incredibly damaged by that point, hence why all the shit he tried to do didnt work.

>it's a "capeshit loving samefag desperately tries to make a capeshit movie seem like it isn't complete shit by spouting how great one of the worst scenes in the whole movie was" episode

fuck off, the scene was terribly thought out and totally out of character for all of them

"THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!
MY FATHER MADE THAT..."

who felt deep at that part?

Cap is better than Iron man 1 on 1. Iron man couldn't have won.
Even in the comics, cap loses.

The asshole is nothing more than a gun, a brainwashed tool. Do you blame the gun or the person who pulled the trigger?

What would I do? Given that I know the guy was brainwashed and my friend was saying hold up? I'd hold up.

But Tony is not a rational person.

>movie gets discussed
>overly angry user comes along and says its terrible with no meaningful opinion of his own amounting to nothing more than "nuh uh!! ;_;"
>expects to be taken seriously
Why does this always happen?

because the only movie you discuss is this one

you're either a shill or have zero taste

Tony blames Bucky for actions committed while brainwashed, yet happily welcomed Hawkeye into the Avengers immediately after Hawkeye was brainwashed by Loki and attacked the Helicarrier which led to the deaths of dozens of SHIELD agents including his friend Agent Coulson.

Tony is a hypocrite.

You wouldn't feel that way at the time.

Ok

the difference is that this is his mother and he did it out of emotion without getting a chance to think it through

How else are they going to get attention? It's not as though they can come up with interesting conversation on their own.

But Coulson doesn't die.

No, the writers are just shit.

No, I don't like my mother.

That doesnt make him a hypocrite, he wasnt raised by any of those SHIELD agents or regrets being unable to form a deep emotional connection with them before their deaths

me

especially when howard and steve were best m8s

Which is why he doesn't deserve to be an Avenger. With great power comes great responsibility, and evidently Tony can't handle his if he goes berserk so easily.

Why are you even asking the question?

>how would you feel?
>well...
>you're a liar!

He still had lasers, repulsor beams, and his unibeam which straight up took Bucky's vibranium arm off

If he really wanted to, he could have killed them both pretty damn fast, but I guess you could say he wasn't thinking straight

Tony doesn't know that. It's shitty reasoning but Coulson being alive was kept at a secret level above the Avengers' clearance.

>Hey Tony, did I ever tell you about Steve Rogers? He was a good friend.

Hawkeye didn't directly kill anyone. Much less anyone Tony gave a shit about.

Not unless he said Martha.

4 you

when has tony ever chimped out?

when has steve ever lied to tony's face?

why did the only say "b-but he was brainw-washed" one time and then give up on the idea, instead of fuckin shouting it at tony to try to snap him out of his rage?

why did bucky say absolutely jack shit to remind tony that he genuinely dindu nuffin?

are they all autistic?

Markus and McFeely say that if Bucky were to have a fair trial, that he'd be found innocent.

While Tony's feelings were understandable in the moment, his actions were not right. Tony himself would have felt like shit after for being a murderer of what he knew was an innocent man. Steve was right to stop him from going down the path of becoming a villain.

Who can be rational when you see your own mother being killed un cold blood?

You're right, but that's not really the point of the thread

Dude, Tony is completely fucked in the head.

Even just the events of the first Iron Man would be enough to screw someone up psychologically for life.
He was also clearly a disturbed individual before that as well.

if i was as rich as tony stark i would gave died from a drug overdose years ago

False.
Canonically, Cap is > Iron man in a 1 on 1

This.

ohhhh i thought he said "suit"

now it makes more sense

>government wants to keep superheroes "in check" to avoid civilian casualties
>when that same government wanted to nuke an entire city full of innocent people

This isn't the comics user, they were both getting pretty trashed when he managed to get them by themselves

yeah because there's nobody else he could direct his anger at

>when has tony ever chimped out?
Any time one of his friends is injured or killed. Remember the guy in the cave with him in IM1? He dies, Tony full on chimps out and starts killing all the muzzies

No because I'm not a fucking idiot.

Killing muzzies is normal human behavior

Anyone that says "no" doesn't know what it's like to lose your Mother yet. It is the single most agonizing pain you can possibly feel, possibly surpassed only by losing a child. It cuts so deep into your self-being that you will spend every day of your life onward at least at one point thinking "I wish my Mom was here".

Cap is objectively right in the argument, but anyone in Tony#s position with even a fraction of humanity would take the same stance he would given the circumstance.
My Mom has been dead for 7 years now, and I can honestly tell you that even now if I was suddenly made aware to the fact that she was dead as the result of someone else, I would want that person dead without a second thought.

True. And now that I think about it, he also one hits Falcon after Rhodey gets injured.

You guys, I think Tony Stark might be racist

>Tony just blows off a vibranium arm
Yeah, ok

>all these anons analyzing the question from an outside point of view

The question was simple.
If your Mom was killed, would you try to avenge her?

So Tony Stark is a fucking retard that even if the enemy speaks his plan out like, well my master plan is.... to destroy you from the inside with this little video. And Tony just nods like, got it, I'll kill em all. And then just read a letter and calm down.

Kino writing right there, guys.

I think I'd be too busy blubbering like a little bitch to avenge her desu

that's the wrong question fags.

the right one is why the fuck RDJ is the same height as Evans in OPs picture?

Yes, but killing bucky would solve nothing
I would team up with him to hunt down whoever turned him into the winter soldier and gave him the order to kill my parents