READ!!!

READ!!!

The marines have flamethrowers and fuel to last 900 octillion years, after that its handguns and boots.
The fight takes place on an infinite flat field, obviously not in this universe so no black holes and shit. The marines start in 1 group and the ants come from all directions (by foot) untill 1 team is 100% dead.
No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease but the marines still need sleep. No reproduction either.

Which team would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combustion#Temperature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoignition_temperature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_enthalpy_of_reaction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number#Rightmost_decimal_digits
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number
youtu.be/XTeJ64KD5cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoever has Graham's number on their side wins.

The Marines.

These turkish stand no chance.

but why? how would the fight go?

>marines literally suffocate to death in ants

The fact that you are essentially comaparing a Googolplex to Ghram's Number means that you have literally no concept of how large these numbers are.

Fuck off and die.

i do and i know the answer, but a lot people dont, im trying to enlighten them.

the ants dont just fall from the sky.

EDF!!!!EDF!!!!

Marines. You never said poisonous or shit

the ants

The ants litterally outnumber the marines near infinite to 1. They would suffocate in ants.

No, you don't know shit. Stop pretending. This is a completely retarded hypothetical, and you're completely retarded for posting it

That is so many ants, they would literally suck all matter in the universe into them, ant the entirely of it would compact down into some variety of theoretical matter.

Grahams number is so large, is you were to represent it with digits so small they are subatomic, the entire universe still isnt large enough to display it.

easy to say, grahams number is so large that marines would be fighting for near infinite time. marines need sleep so a generous 8 hours of sleep every 24 hrs means the marines are 67% effective. ants have to come by food. ants run 3 inches per second which means 50 metres is covered in approx. 32 minutes, which is p0lenty of time for marines to shoot leftover ants coming in melee distance. marines lie on ground to maximize multiple kills per bullet. as this takes place on infinite flat field, not in this universe so no air drag and no gravity. bullet travels infinite straight line so the ant (who come by foot so move behind each other) die easily through bullet penetration. marines win

why are you so salty?

>Grahams number is so large, is you were to represent it with digits so small they are subatomic, the entire universe still isnt large enough to display it.
This is also true for a googolplex, also.
it doesnt take place in this universe

>i'm just trying to enlighten them

By either a) making them ask you or b) getting them to google it

I really cannot stress how much i hate fucks like you, some fucker telling a story and then mention something they know damn well you dont know (always a little pause after they say it too so it sinks in) but not explaining it so you are forced to ask 'whats x?' Then they smuggly 'enlighten' you.
Fuck you for doing this. Die in a fire.
If you this in real life I GUARANTEE people hate you and talk about this shit you do behind your back
Fuck you

They both collapse to black holes and the bigger black hole(ants) consumes the smaller black hole(marines) and wins.

there aren't even a grahams number of protons in the whole universe... so everything with "grahams number" always wins

this. this thread was borderline funny for the first sqrt(-1) times I've read it. Now it's just CP/10.

ant because it would fill the know universe

no because if the marines can hold off the ants with handguns and infinite ammo then even if they have to fight for near infinite time the marines win in the end. all depends on whether the marines can hold them off or die immediately when they have no more flamethrowers

>there aren't even a grahams number of protons in the whole universe
True for googolplex and even googol as well. Universe isn't that large after all.

grahams number is still shitton larger than that fucking pathetic piece of gogol

Ants because marines need to sleep some time, ants wont let them sleep, plus they will get into all their fucking gear.

b, to google it, i cant bother explaining it since its quite complex, but i have to say that your salt is totally worth it, just the fact that you think im being smug makes this thread worth it.

i dont bring up shit like the grahams number in real life and i can bet that im more liked than you are, just the way you talk here makes it obvious.

If the ants spawn in waves (say one million googolplexs at a time) I'd say the marines have a chance. Have maybe 30% rotate out to sleep at any given time?

+grahams number

Well 100% of everything would be covered with ants, they'd only be able to breath ants, and the heat and friction and pressure from being 100% surrounded by ants would crush and bake them. +theres too many for there to be air

Just looked up grahams number; It's not even close, ants win easily

yes
because you have obviously no idea what grahams number even is... flamethrower wont do shit when that ammount of ants come

The number of times I've read a variation of "the marines would be breathing ants" in this thread is so wonderful
This thread is retarded and you're all responding in earnest about a universe OP hasn't even set the ground rules in (size, gravity, available mass from which to conjure these silly numbers of things) and I keep reading that the Marines would be breathing ants while trying to fight them and I can't stop laughing on the shitter

So many of these posts are so earnest and the premise is making me squirt poo because of the snickering

Flame will start the chain reaction that will incinerate all ants.

ants burn endrothermically, meaning they dont spread the heat, they absorb it.
Clothing and flamethrower fuel however burn quite well.

so the burning of ants of exothermic, i didn't know!!
probably because i've never seen ants just fucking combust by themselves -.-

Grahams number or not, ants walk over each other bc limited space (once they approach ring of marines) and thick as shit. All crushed except top 100 layers or so. Marines clean up E Z.

a stick

Even with that much fuel, the ant's would still far outlast the marines.

plus, the marines would probably kill themselves. Who the fuck would resign themselves to a life where you do nothing but kill ants for 900 octillion years?

No fuel just combusts by itself.
With enough temperature chitin will begin to burn, and that's exothermic.

size, infinite flat field
gravity, no black holes. think of it as a hyper realistic computer simulation.

so marines don't have the crushing problem right?
i mean they're just 10^10^100 so whatevs

so you think it can spread infinetly with just the starting flame? not likely, and even if it did, the heat would be so immense the marines would evaporate long before the last ants die.
and EVEN if the marines could shield themselves from the heat they would shoot themselves either by accident or on purpose because they couldnt wait out the time it would take for all the ants to burn.

ok dude... you have absolutley no clue what you're talking about -.- do you know the laws of thermodynamics?

Not forgetting that they trample themselves to death, they walk around in circles

Faggot OP.

Googolplex is 10^10^100
Grahams nr: googolplex^googolplex^googolplex^...

You'd run out of material to write that number. Even if every subatomic particle in our universe was one ^googolplex, you wouldn't be anywhere near close to grahams number...

Every fuel needs to reach combustion temperature first.
>using smiley
Oh you won't understand anyway.

Even if marines start in a pile, higher volume of ants converge on their perimeter, most of the ants trample each other.

What can you tell me about 10 dimensional differential equations in non-zero three-form flux?

you're such a fucking trolly idiot that it's not even worth my time to educate you about why you shit is as wrong as it gets -.-
do you even see how everyone here is against your fucking idiotic ideas?
god, you're like a fucking SJW that doesn't want to realize how dumb they are

>You'd run out of material to write that number.
that is also true for a googolplex

both numbers are huge, you are going to have to come up with a better comparison to make justice to graham's number.

the ants will also just crush all the marines because they are SO much more... so the upper layer of ants just win

>fallacies
Yep. Go educate yourself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combustion#Temperature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoignition_temperature

This .

Assuming they do it perfectly, moving at 100x the speed of an ant.

Google says this is actually fast AF.

I fold.

>Ants eat marines picnic lunches
>Marines go to McDonald's
>Marines try to buy a googolplex of happy meals but have no kids with them
>Marines starve
>Ants win
>TWIST: victorious ant commander tells his troops to sound off...

Wrong. I just wrote grahams number.
10^10^100.

Now do it in the same fashion using ^ with grahams number. Literally cant

The winner is clearly one magma.

*i mean i just wrote down googolplex

its amazing how many people hate this thread, are these guys like jocks who hate math or whats the deal here?

Nope, I think he's right about you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics
so unless the combustion temperature is infinte there won't be a fucking "chain reaction" for a fucking grahams number of ants...
i'm fucking out -.-

3→3→64→2
thats pretty close to grahams number, if you want to write down the number dont use fucking notations.

There's not enough space in the universe to digitally represent Graham's number. Googolplex is literally just 10^10^100. Ants.

you can think whatever you want, doesnt make you right but i doubt that bothers you even a bit.

>i'm fucking out -.-
You better really be, because your statement is simply false.

sauce?

> so many people arguing over a non point

The winner has already been declared: > mfw one magma burns all ants and marines
> mfw one magma

Samefig

so sick of this copy pasta, its fucking everywhere

You still lose to one magma.

yeah you fucking retard learn to count

This is easier than it seems. Since all practical considerations about food, space, gravity, motivation and so on are moot we simply have to determine how many ants it would take to overwhelm a single US marine. Most of them would die but enough survive to climb up and burrow into orifices to really start doing some (agonising) damage. Say a hundred thousand?

So the question becomes is Graham's number more than a hundred thousand times bigger than a googolplex?

Yes. Ants win.

who is graham?

>implying the second law matters here
Ant has higher enthalpy than H2O and CO2 so there will be a chain reaction.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_enthalpy_of_reaction

what are you waiting for, got get a noble price and burn some ants in the process, i'll be looking at the news waiting for some ant related news.

stick always wins

see
the marines cant win either way.

I think the real question is, whats heavier?
3,000 ibs of US Marines or 3,000 ibs of Ants?
Also who would win in a fight I guess.

chill man

Hold on lemme do some calculations. My gut instinct is to say ants win since graham's number makes a googleplex look like nothing, but 8 octillion years worth of flamethrower fuel for a googleplex of flamethrowers is alot...

kekd

Sorry 900 octillion

The mathematician who proposed the algorithm to reach this very large number (which today we name after him), and used it in some mathematical proof.
Fun fact, Graham's number end with a 7. Makes me wonder if it ends in dubs.
Also check'em

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number#Rightmost_decimal_digits
It's fucking off by one.

cheers bud (sorry about the singles)

>off by one from 00
>but still dubs
Heh.

one more question , what purpose does grahams number serve in mathematics or is it just a big number for the sake of being a big number?

if the ants know they should go for skin they win
marines are devoured in about 3 seconds

this

Marines make a persuasion roll to become a queen, one of them certainly succeeds and they all win automatically.

Assuming the marines have prep time, the marines could win. All they have to do is dig a trench all around them, then fill it with fuel. This will then be set on fire while marines take shifts day and night spraying fire. What they are doing is waiting for the ants to starve to death or die of dehydration.

3"/sec(mass) means that your ants will b stopping bullets

It's the upper limit to an unspecified problem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number

Watch this video, it explains it youtu.be/XTeJ64KD5cg
I lost it when he says "the answer to the problem is between 6 and Graham's number"