Why the fuck is Kanye West so overated? He is like any other pop-rap musician out there...

Why the fuck is Kanye West so overated? He is like any other pop-rap musician out there. Maybe MBDTF is a good album but it's not perfect in any way. Everything else is just avarage. Some songs are well-made but avarage, nothing special about them.
inb4 Sm1 say this is bait. Get over it, it's not.

He's had 4 Great records. 2 or 3 Meh ones (depending on whether you count WTT), and one that was terrible.

meme magic

bad b8 Kanye is better than your favorite rapper

Next thread plz already bored with this one

MBDTF is trash. His only good album was Late Registration

this

Kanye has made better music than your favorite band/artist. Get over it. Deal with it.

>avarage
>not bait

epic argument...

Honestly kanye fans are so immature. They are like justin bieber fans back in 2011 or something, but they are 16 now.

>Kanye is better than your favorite rapper
You spelled 'producer' wrong.

Even if you hate him you've got to admit that his production is perfect

I'll have you know I'm 18 you ignorant autistic fuck

That's what I'm saying. He's a producer first and a rapper negative fifth.

If ANYONE tells you 'I go to Kanye for the lyrics' they're a god damn liar.

Kanye's lyrics are have more authenticity in them than 99% of the game today. Not even memeing here

>Not even memeing here
Are you sure about that? And if so what's an example.

And even IF that's the case his skills at production/beatmaking blow any lyrical skills he has out of the water.

>the game
Kill yourself faggot

Heeeeey, The Game is pretty good.

All he talks is about himself. Hip hop music is supposed to be about the struggle in the streets and originated because of poverty. There is nothing real about a milionare celebrity.

>I had a cousin that stole my laptop that I was fuckin bitches on
>paid that nigga $250 thousand just to get it from him

you can't fine this type of pure authenticity in most other rappers' lyrics

Kanye does it all

Kanye lyrics are more relatable than 90% of street gangbanger lyrics. Most people dont live in the hood or come from that environment - whereas songs about shitty relationships, ego and family life are far more relatable, even if their through the lens of a nutty millionaire

But does authenticity really = good?

I'll give an example:
Eminem's song Stan was completely fictional and I still think that's one of the best rap songs of all time (despite his many duds and the fact I don't listen to him any more)

Just because Kanye is telling a real story doesn't make it an interesting one.

Is just saying he's not on mumble rap status lyricism like so many immediate dismissers of Kanye here claim he is. He used to be able to hold his own back in the day even with the Roc guys. Yeah his lyrics are mostly trash as of late, although I believe Yeezus was a stylistic choice, is argue it still better than most rappers today.

The most reasonable thing you can say about Kanye's pen game is that he never was an above average lyricist but let's not pretend he was superficially just talking himself up how entire career and that's it

I never said his lyrics were BAD but when you compare it to SOME others (Not mumble rappers since they're technically in a different rap sub genre) and his production, his lyrical ability doesn't seem like it's the staying factor.

I mean, imagine if Ye's albums were like 'King Geedorah/Dilla/Fly-Lo albums where he would be producing and other people would do vocals. Do you think that would change the quality in any way?

yeezus/TLOP so shit

"black dick all in your spouse again" - literally KEK TIER but everyone dick rides that album