Do you have faith /b?

Do you have faith /b?

Why/not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6n0BCBNasWo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most of famous people is very, VERY religious. So there is something in that.

I chose reason
>inb4 trigger

sauce dude

I believe that God is the consciousness of existence.

>consciousness
Define it

I've been an agnostic all my life but converted recenty to Athiesm.

You won't believe what made me change.

JIm Jeffries.

youtube.com/watch?v=6n0BCBNasWo

I do not, because I grew up around religious zealots and I didn't want to end up like them

it's impossible to know which/if religion is real

Just believe in a "higher power" or "the universe" or "the force" and keep it to yourself

if i was beet i'd say "who cares, das not on me, das dey prollem dey gotsta deal wit dat not me who cares"

this actually looks like a girl i know called scarlette

Faith in what?

Faith in what?

If you mean faith in religious claims, then no.

Why? Because I have no reasonable cause to do so.

Faith is...
Intellectual suicide
Pretending to know something
Utter bullshit that should be held in disdain.

God (any), "higher power",...

Being able to experience things

Im not super realigious, to be honest. Actually i don't consider mtself to be religious at all. I am "the fact" guy.

But it's interesting how many people start to believe in God after some very bad things happen to them.

Its also interesting how many people say "Thanks God", no matter if they are religious or not. And those words aren't empty, they actually thank to some "higher force".

So even thought i don't believe in some specific God, force or whatever, i believe from bottom of my heart that there is something about that.

I have no reason to doubt the existence of a higher being, inasmuch as I equally have reason to believe that we are a complete cosmological accident. It is difficult to find empirical evidence for either, and I would rather use science as my life philosophy, rather than religion due to scientific inquiry being a much better system than faith.

Note that the faith is the only thing that will keep even the most depressed man from commiting a suicide.

That is a rather subjective statement.

Sometimes I wonder if God is just some giant creature in space that can create life but that's where our relationship with God ends and there is no life after death kind of how like people can create life inder a microscope but those organisms swimming in that molecule of water won't go to heaven or ever see they're creator

Faith in myself and astrophysics which explains the foundation of our existence. Other than that not much else. Although, I am starting to fall for this girl I'm dating. I have faith in that too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy

When it comes to faith/religions, it's not about evidence. You don't need an evidence. You eather feel faith or not.

And when you start to believe in something "higher" (believe me, i also don't like words like faiths, god, higher..), you believe from heart, you can feel it. Its not on conscious level. You can say that you believe in God but if you don't believe in you subconscious mind and with your heart, then those are just empty words.

this

FAITH IN DAT ASS

>user says join OSRS for 1mil gp
>Load game
>Join world
>Go to GE (meeting spot)
>Dance for user
>Only get 100k
>The fuck is this?
>Lost all hope

>social conditioning.
Brainwashing from bible times still effects our culture. Remember, non believers were often cast out back in the day. Best sound the part regardless. Don't wanna end up a witch

> (OP)
>I've been an agnostic all my life but converted recenty to Athiesm.
>You won't believe what made me change.
>JIm Jeffries.
>youtube.com/watch?v=6n0BCBNasWo

Do agnostics really only drink dr pepper and diet dr pepper?

Giselly Soares

reverse image search friend,
it's great

>Do you have faith /b?
In what?

Anyone that believes in a god has something wrong with them.

Need a reason to believe. So far: bupkiss.

I'm not religious eather, but have you ever asked what if there is something "wrong" with us (non-religious people)?

They believe God helped them, most likely have faith because of success, not the other way around

Good answer

Nope, the odds are extremely stacked against a deity I believe. Best fucking quote ever "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive legends, which are nevertheless pretty childish" -Albert E

There are countless possibilities and most likely the true one isn't any religion ever thought of. I believe there is more, but saying you know what it is is very narrow minded.

I agree man, well said

I have to recognize that I have some kind of "faith".
I don't believe in a particular god or religion. But I want to think that there is something, somewhere that could bring a little extra help in lives.

I'm only 22, but I've already been through some shit. I've seen death, destruction, violence, lies, betrayal and hate.

But I think my life isn't finished and can still be great again.

"Feelings" are unreliable, you need evidence for everything.

Why? Why do you need evidence?
What kind of evidence do you need when you fall in love?

That feeling of faith is just a mix of different chemicals in your brain that can be measured and the result of religion being better for a groups survival.

Love is as fictitious as religion in my opinion. You do, however receive little clues through body language and the looks a person gives you. I would still argue your love argument is a non sequitur.

No, because faith or lack thereof has never had any kind of sway over my reality.

Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear.

The physical and emotional response you get from being in love with someone can be observed and measured. The reason that love exists (as a biological mechanism allowing for effective courtship and further proliferation of our species) makes sense and has evidence to support it.
Your point is void fag

Love is a measurable reaction, it's tangible and therefore it is real. Religion is intangible and cannot be proven true Or false.

Note that the average Joe killing themselves isn't that big of a deal. Don't let morality get in the way of the realization that that's just one less carbon based life form consuming the oxygen needed by those of superior position.

Well, no, it is just that the only ones who really talk about it have faith.

>Don't let morality get in the way

Faggot detected.

How is love tangible?

Objectively he is right... but the problem is that his point leads into a nihilistic void where nothing has intrinsic value and we might as well all kill ourselves

>consuming the oxygen needed by those of superior position

Let me guess, you think that is you, don't you, faggot?

>Objectively he is right

No, hes not. Its completely opinion based.

is that a dude?

Would you expect anything less from the new Sup Forums

Fuck outta here, i'm talking about in the grand scheme of the failing condition of the planet and its people.
One less person consuming resources doesn't matter if all they did was work a 9-5 at a fucking office all day right?
From a moral perspective death is bad.
However, death is necessary and if the faggot who did nothing for the planet or its inhabitants dies then we good boi.

Because we live in a universe as immensely big as ours, the loss of one life is objectively insignificant. We attribute meaning to it because of our biologically limited perspectives

It's endorphins and neurotransmitters

>From a moral perspective, death is bad.

what the fuck?