Can anybody think of a film that blew as many minds like The Matrix did back in the day?

Can anybody think of a film that blew as many minds like The Matrix did back in the day?

>there will never be a movie that encapsulates a genre of sci Fi as well as the matrix ever again

Pulp Fiction
Aliens

maybe Silence of the Lambs too

At least for me, Inception blew my mind in a similar fashion that Matrix did.

Inception and batman vs superman

When it came out? The Sixth Sense.

The high and only high point for M. Night

>2001

Good answer, actually.

Deep Throat
The Shining
Titanic

Everybody you knew saw these motherfuckers in the theater.

It becomes so painfully obvious that the sequels weren't planned once you start watching the entire trilogy at once. The first movie has almost nothing to do with Zion and the second movie introduces a fuckton of characters that should have been introduced in the first one if they were meant to be so relevant. First one's still great though.

2001?
People fucking hated it when it came out
Just like the Shining

No shit, you really think they thought the movie would end up as big as it did?

>Just like the Shining
You weren't even alive when The Shining came out, don't pretend you know shit

I'm just saying. I hadn't seen them in years and I watched the first two last night again and The Matrix is still pretty great, but the sequel is like oh they already ran out of ideas. That fuckin speech Morpheus gives at the caverave. So stupid.

Taboo II

I actually like that scene a lot.

Reloaded is pretty good up until they meet the Keymaker, then it rushes to its anti-climax.

Sup Forumss favorite movie The Cuckold

It opened at first to mixed reviews. For example, Variety was critical, saying "With everything to work with, ... Kubrick has teamed with jumpy Jack Nicholson to destroy all that was so terrifying about Stephen King's bestseller."[38] It was the only one of Kubrick's last nine films to receive no nominations at all from either the Oscars or Golden Globes, but was nominated for a pair of Razzie Awards, including Worst Director and Worst Actress (Duvall), in the first year that award was given.

I dont need to be alive to know whta happened. Are you one of those retards that deny dinosaurs?

originally they wanted to go to zion in the first movie but they had to scale it back

Good. An example of Hollywood executive meddling getting it right.

austin powers

>There were 2 points
Unbreakable