Everybody who is seriously into music should try to produce

Everybody who is seriously into music should try to produce at least their favorite genre to get acquainted with how complex the whole procedure is. Almost every person I know who likes one song doesn't appreciate the effort the producer and the person who did mixing/mastering had to put in the song just to make it sound right. That's why I think Mac Miller and Kanye West are more of complete artists than Kendrick Lamar. I love all of them, but I know that "Faces" and "TLoP" are more of Mac Miller's and Kanye West's than "To Pimp a Butterfly" is of Kendrick's.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pussbear/ahhhhh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TPAB was shit

We all know Kendrick isn't a producer but let's not pretend post-MBDTF Kanye is handling even 30% of his production nowadays

I'm currently using fl studio 10 but would you recommend studio 12 for someone who adapts best to graphical layouts? I like that the instruments have big buttons for my simpleton brain to process.

Mac didn't produce most of GOOD AM

Mac Miller and Kenny are pretty much on the same level, hell even without the production chops Kenny is still a more complete artists in terms of accomplishing what he sets out to do

Where are the good instruments on FL, I can't really find them

I miss my macbook with Logic Pro X

Do you know music theory?

Everybody who seriously drives a car should try to fabricate at least their favorite model to get acquainted with how complex the whole procedure is.

I never said he does
I know, I was talking mostly about "Faces", that's my favorite album of him in my opinion
I know some of it, but I'm still learning, I'm self-educated when it comes to that, I wish I had been sent to some courses when I was a kid.
I have never used 10, but I used FL 11 and 12, I really love the layout of FL 12, I don't know why some people don't to be honest
I mostly use Nexus 2 and Omnisphere 2, but i know that Morphine has some good sounds for trap. When it comes to native FL plugins I mostly use Reeverb 2 and Parametric EQ 2, also Gross Beat sometimes. Sausage Fattener is great, but it costs.

You don't need to know that much about cars when you drive them
I meant that you just appreciate music more when you know how it's made, creating music ceases to appear as dark magic and starts to emanate excellency of the author, you don't need that driving a car

>I mostly use Nexus 2 and Omnisphere 2, but i know that Morphine has some good sounds for trap. When it comes to native FL plugins I mostly use Reeverb 2 and Parametric EQ 2, also Gross Beat sometimes. Sausage Fattener is great, but it costs.

bait

tfw you start recognize nexus presets and vengeance samples all the time in music

Kanye walks round a room of early 20s producers and listesn to their shit and says develop that one for my album. Kanye doesn't do shit mate

Tips for someone looking to get into production?

should i seriously consider ending my life?soundcloud.com/pussbear/ahhhhh

HOLY FUCK

anybody who is seriously into music should try to play an instrument to get acquainted with how complex the whole procedure is.

producing music on a computer is fucking easy peasy. most DAWs have cut and paste beats AND harmonic parts. learning to make music by hand is a much better way to learn the complexities of music

meh not really. but anyone that is a "dj" should eventually get around to it.

>muh talent

i tried producing but im bad at it