Post modern rock bands that sound like the beach boys

Post modern rock bands that sound like the beach boys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52FgoqFPxKc
youtube.com/watch?v=mguzPNmJM8I
youtube.com/watch?v=OFHICmKUVew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How retarded do you have to be to think that weezer sound anything like the beach boys jesus FUCKING christ

why would you even want that? Sounds like shit also this

youtube.com/watch?v=52FgoqFPxKc

Yeah, it's shitty post-grunge / pop-punk. What's this got to do with The Beach Boys?

What's shitty about it?

I'm hiding this thread this is too depressing to look at I feel bad for you

weezer sounds NOTHING like the beach boys, clean your ears out lad

Except you condemned a song without listening to it first. How pleb is that?

See

Except I listened to it when you posted it?

You're a moron seriously

>Except I listened to it when you posted it?
>3 minute song
>you posted under 1 minute after I posted it
Nice try.

youtube.com/watch?v=mguzPNmJM8I

Having said this, posting the question with a picture of Pinkerton is fucking stupid.

There are obvious Beach Boys influences on that album. Are you tarded?

if having guitars, drums, vocals, and bass in your song means beach boys, then yes

Well, more the chord sequences, voice leading, vocal harmonies and similar lyrical content

If you don';t know anything about music, not sure why you are on a music board

they don't have the same anything you fucking mook
are you actually deaf? show me two songs that sound similar between the two albums

Someone post Person Pitch

>the two albums
Do you think The beach Boys had one album or something?

any beach boys album
take a song from any beach boys album and find a similar one on Pinkerton

Define "similar"

show me some beach boys influence in pinkerton
and i mean real beach boys influence, not just stuff every band does that the beach boys also happened to do

Pink Triangle.

Brian Wilson-esque chord sequence and vocal melody, introspective/self-doubt lyrics, glockenspiel doubling the melody (a la Pet Sounds), an attempt for Beach Boys harmonies (a la Wild Honey).

>singer sounds like Brian Wilson
so do a lot of singers, that doesn't mean Cuomo is getting influence from Wilson
>Introspective, self-doubt lyrics
"what is literally all music"
>Glockenspiel doubling the melody
"What is all classical"
>Beach boys harmonies
"What is Soul"
Just because it kinda sorta sounds like the beach boys doesn't mean it has beach boys influence

>so do a lot of singers, that doesn't mean Cuomo is getting influence from Wilson
>I remember when I was 21 or 22, right when Weezer got together. I went to the local used record shop in Santa Monica with the intention of buying a classic album that was going to be a huge influence on me and my writing for Weezer. I flipped through all the records and I narrowed it down to two records. One of them was Led Zeppelin, the other was Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. It was almost a coin toss but I ended up going with Pet Sounds, and I really came to love the melodies and the chord progression and the emotion on that record. It has to be one of the biggest influences right when Weezer was starting out.
Nice try.
>"what is literally all music"
Oh like this? youtube.com/watch?v=OFHICmKUVew
No.
>"What is all classical"
Goalpost shifting
>"What is Soul"
Goalpost shifting
>Just because it kinda sorta sounds like the beach boys doesn't mean it has beach boys influence
Backpedaling